More Clear Thinking From Ann Coulter

snood

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 10:47 pm
Ann Coulter calls John Edwards 'faggot'
WASHINGTON, March 2 (UPI) -- Best-selling right-wing author Ann Coulter, speaking to a conservative audience in Washington Friday, called former Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C., a "faggot."

Coulter was a featured speaker at the 34th annual Conservative Political Action Conference. Following her prepared remarks, televised on C-Span, Coulter was asked to talk about Edwards.

"It turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I'm kind of at an impasse -- I can't really talk about Edwards," she said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/20070302-105935-6328r/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,134 • Replies: 194
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 11:49 pm
Consider the source. We're talking about a woman with an adams apple.

http://cache.gawker.com/news/w19.JPG
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 08:10 am
Ann Coulter is what the conservative movement has become...bigoted ("faggot"), racist ("raghead"), intolerant for other faiths ("murder leaders and convert") and eager to vilify the 'other'. It's ugly and its dangerous.

From movements like this one comes tyranny.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 08:12 am
Ann cuntier.. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 08:12 am
WOW

i cant say that???
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 08:38 am
I made my feelings known about this yesterday

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92334&highlight=
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 10:03 am
Close examination reveals that her adams apple is actually the permanent outline of a huge schlong she once stuffed down her throat.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 11:56 am
She is a nasty person who is irrelevant to rational thought.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 12:25 pm
maporsche wrote:
She is a nasty person who is irrelevant to rational thought.

Maybe, but she's also a champion and celebrated leader of the media wing of the Republican party.

It is a real mistake to think that the people who find her funny, who continue to put her on TV, clap when she speaks, buy her books, don't agree with and support her. People like her and Limbaugh say the things that other Republicans wish they could say out loud without getting in trouble.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 01:08 pm
Yep Cyclops, she and her devotees want to make vile statements like that, AND reserve the right to claim it is all just "a joke" when called on them. But I think it would be a mistake to underestimate the influence of the bigotry of talking heads like her and Limbaugh.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 01:15 pm
The fact they have a large audience says a lot about a segment of the population. And, no, Brandon, I have no evidence to back up my statement,.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 01:57 pm
Coulter wrote:

"I don't know why all gays aren't Republican. I think we have the pro-gay positions, which is anti-crime and for tax cuts. Gays make a lot of money and they're victims of crime. No, they are! They should be with us."
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 02:41 pm
Credit where credit's due though -- this time round many conservatives have slammed Coulter for her stupidity

<copies/pastes from post on other thread>

• Captain Quarter's blog calling Coulter's remark "stupid, unnecessary, and hateful" and "indefensible"

• Hugh Hewitt calling it "Idiotic. Disgusting. Stupid. Moronic."

• John Hawkins at Right Wing News calling Coulter's remark "juvenile", Coulter herself "extremely selfish" and saying that "Ann should apologize for her remarks"

• Nathan Nelson at Redstate.com "denouncing" Coulter and "saying that all other conservatives should do the same thing"

• Another very lively discussion at Redstate.com about Coulter's remarks, with the participants pretty evenly divided between the indignant and the apologetic; between those, like one "Kyle", who argue Coulter is an albatross around the conservatives' necks, and those who defend her as an asset

• Even Michelle Malkin at least explicitly not laughing with Coulter.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:22 am
nimh wrote:
Credit where credit's due though -- this time round many conservatives have slammed Coulter for her stupidity

<copies>

• Captain Quarter's blog calling Coulter's remark "stupid, unnecessary, and hateful" and "indefensible"

• Hugh Hewitt calling it "Idiotic. Disgusting. Stupid. Moronic."

• John Hawkins at Right Wing News calling Coulter's remark "juvenile", Coulter herself "extremely selfish" and saying that "Ann should apologize for her remarks"

• Nathan Nelson at Redstate.com "denouncing" Coulter and "saying that all other conservatives should do the same thing"

• Another very lively discussion at Redstate.com about Coulter's remarks, with the participants pretty evenly divided between the indignant and the apologetic; between those, like one "Kyle", who argue Coulter is an albatross around the conservatives' necks, and those who defend her as an asset

• Even Michelle Malkin at least explicitly not laughing with Coulter.

I wasn't shocked by her statement. In fact I knew where she was coming from. There was a Hollywood actor who was caught saying "faggot" and he was told he had to attend some classes. He also met with the leaders of some gay activist group and said he would do what he could to prove he wasn't homophobic. That is the jab she was making. If you say something the left doesn't like or even imitate a protected group you get sent to "reeducation classes" to learn not to do those things. People are getting striped of their 1st amendment rights by protected groups whether it is Hollywood stars or college kids on a college campus at a party. If you say something or do something they don't like you're in trouble.

What I thought was classic about the whole thing was her response to all of this. She said "C'mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting that they are like John Edwards. That would be mean,". Now that is classic Ann Coulter and the reason why people like her and listen to her.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:28 am
Replace "faggot" with "nigger" and see what a witty little joke it is.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:40 am
Baldimo,

I think Ann Coulter is a despicable human being. But this is not the point.

Let's talk political strategy for a second.

One of the "qualities" ascribed by many Americans to Conservatives and Republicans is bigotry (whether racism or homophobia). When we are talking about politics strategy, whether this is true or not is not the question.

So every time a Conservative famous person says "Faggot" or calls Miami a third world country, or attends parties with the Confederate flag, the impression of the public at large that Conservatives hold deep predjudices is reinforced.

These stories are great for those of us on the left, because the stories write themselves. They make the news... and the public discussion on their own. We don't have to do anything.

If I were a conservative, I would do anything I could to shut her up. She is hurting the conservative message by showing an offensive, abrasive side of conservative politics which is more and more (for right or wrong) being associated with all conservatives.

Of course, as a progressive Democrat-- deep down I love her.

Whether she is despicable or not is subjective (based on your political beliefs). That she is an idiot, by hurting her own side, should be without question.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:40 am
patiodog wrote:

People still use that word all the time and I don't approve of either but reread the part about college kids at parties getting sent to "reeducation classes". I think we have gone to far in this country when it comes to political correctness and this is the perfect example.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:45 am
patiodog wrote:
Replace "faggot" with "bunny" and see what a witty little joke it is.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:46 am
Baldimo wrote:
patiodog wrote:

People still use that word all the time and I don't approve of either but reread the part about college kids at parties getting sent to "reeducation classes". I think we have gone to far in this country when it comes to political correctness and this is the perfect example.

What does the one have to do with the other? "I can publicly call John Edwards a faggot and shouldn't get called out for it because PC is out of control. See, it's a social commentary, and so has nothing to do with the gay community or with Mr. Edwards himself."

Ridiculous.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:46 am
McGentrix wrote:
patiodog wrote:
Replace "faggot" with "bunny" and see what a witty little joke it is.

WTF is your point, McGent?
0 Replies