Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 08:59 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
A "total war"? Do you know what you are talking about? Shocked

Yes I do.

If it moves and points a weapon at us,we kill it.
If the insurgents are using mosques as bases,we destroy the mosques.
If someone doesnt stop when ordered,we kill them.

We use air power to totally destroy the bases and towns where insurgents are hiding.
We treat the enemy the same way they treat us.

We do to Iraq what was done to Germany and Japan.
We totally obliterate their towns and cities,and we totally destroy their ability and will to fight.

Quote:
MM rarely knows what he's talking about. But he knows the conservative message line.

Actually,I usually know what I am talking about.
But since it disagrees with your preconceived notions of life,you tend to discount everything you disagree with.
And since I have actually been in Iraq and seen what is going on,I know more about it then you do.
And that bothers you to no end.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:01 am
mysteryman wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yes I do.

We use air power to totally destroy the bases and towns where insurgents are hiding.

We totally obliterate their towns and cities,and we totally destroy their ability and will to fight.

Quote:
MM rarely knows what he's talking about. But he knows the conservative message line.

But since it disagrees with your preconceived notions of life,you tend to discount everything you disagree with.
And since I have actually been in Iraq and seen what is going on,I know more about it then you do.

And just like the other Conservatives who spout this stuff, you don't spend a second talking about the aftermath; the effects of doing what you describe; or how many civilians you would have killed and ruined the lives of in the process.

The number, just to clue you in, is in the millions. What effect do you think that would have on Arab-American relations?

C'mon. The Bushies are in trouble because they didn't think through the effects of their actions - and you want to parrot that? Haven't you learned from their mistake?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:04 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yes I do.

Quote:

And just like the other Conservatives who spout this stuff, you don't spend a second talking about the aftermath; the effects of doing what you describe; or how many civilians you would have killed and ruined the lives of in the process.

The number, just to clue you in, is in the millions. What effect do you think that would have on Arab-American relations?

C'mon. The Bushies are in trouble because they didn't think through the effects of their actions - and you want to parrot that? Haven't you learned from their mistake?

Cycloptichorn

The aftermath would be just like Germany and Japan.
After we destroyed both countries,we spent millions of dollars rebuilding both countries.
Both of those countries are now very prosperous and both are democracies.
Are you saying the same thing couldnt have been done in Iraq?

BTW,we killed millions in both Germany and Japan also.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:08 am
Hint: the US was attacked before entering WWII.

(I know that will provoke the tired, broken-down, argument that we were attacked on 9/11 and on and on, ad nauseum).
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:09 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Hint: the US was attacked before entering WWII.

(I know that will provoke the tired, broken-down, argument that we were attacked on 9/11 and on and on, ad nauseum).

Hint: Germany NEVER attacked us.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:14 am
Hint: Germany was a member of the Axis, allied with Japan and Italy.

I don't believe you responded with something that boneheaded.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:21 am
mysteryman wrote:

You've said that before.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2474894#2474894

You've been shown that you were wrong.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2474923#2474923

You've acknowledged it.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2476136#2476136

Apparently, you have to reminded every now and then, or else you will just start again making wrong claims....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:21 am
Quote:

The aftermath would be just like Germany and Japan.

You are 100% wrong.

Let me ask you, can you point out what the differences are between the situations in Germany and Japan, and the modern one?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:22 am
mysteryman wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yes I do.

Which is wrong - as you proved with your own response.

But since you even didn't remember when you were taught about ...

mysteryman wrote:

Thanks, oe, for those links.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:27 am
Lightwizard wrote:

As was Hungary ruled by Admiral Miklós Horthy as Regent, was the first power to adhere to the Tripartite Pact of Germany, Italy, and Japan signing the agreement on November 20, 1940.

Romania, under King Michael and the military government of Ion Antonescu, adhered to the Tripartite Pact on November 23, 1940.

The Slovak Republic under President Jozef Tiso signed the Tripartite Pact on November 24, 1940.

Bulgaria, under its king Boris III, signed the Tripartite Pact on March 1, 1941. Bulgaria had been an ally of Germany in the First World War, and like Germany and Hungary, sought a revision of the peace terms, specifically the restoration of the San Stefano Treaty lands.

The Kingdom of Yugoslavia, under the regency of Prince Paul, was briefly a member of the Axis in 1941.

Prince Paul adhered to the Tripartite Pact on March 25, 1941, but was removed from office two days later by a coup that ended his regency. The new Yugoslav government declared that it would be bound by the treaty, but Hitler suspected that the British were behind the coup against Prince Paul and vowed to destroy the country.

Croatia
Independent State of CroatiaDeclared on April 10, 1941, the Independent State of Croatia (Nezavisna Država Hrvatska, abbrev. NDH) was a member of the Axis powers until the end of Second World War, its forces fighting for Germany even after NDH had been overrun by the Allied Yugoslav Partisans.

Thailand

Kingdom of ThailandThailand was an ally and co-belligerent of Japan.

In the immediate aftermath of the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan invaded Thailand on the morning of December 8, 1941. Only hours after the invasion, Field Marshal Phibunsongkhram, the prime minister, ordered the cessation of resistance. On December 21, 1941, a military alliance with Japan was signed and on January 25, 1942 Thailand declared war on Britain and the United States of America.

Iraq

Kingdom of Iraq
Iraq was a co-belligerent of the Axis, fighting the United Kingdom in the Anglo-Iraqi War of 1941.

Seizing power on April 3, 1941, the nationalist government of Iraqi Prime Minister Rashid Ali repudiated the Anglo-Iraqi Treaty of 1930 and demanded that Britain close its military bases within the country. Ali sought support from Germany, Italy and Vichy France in expelling British forces from Iraq.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:29 am
Lightwizard wrote:

As was Hungary ruled by Admiral Miklós Horthy as Regent, was the first power to adhere to the Tripartite Pact of Germany, Italy, and Japan signing the agreement on November 20, 1940.

Romania, under King Michael and the military government of Ion Antonescu, adhered to the Tripartite Pact on November 23, 1940.

The Slovak Republic under President Jozef Tiso signed the Tripartite Pact on November 24, 1940.

Bulgaria, under its king Boris III, signed the Tripartite Pact on March 1, 1941. Bulgaria had been an ally of Germany in the First World War, and like Germany and Hungary, sought a revision of the peace terms, specifically the restoration of the San Stefano Treaty lands.

The Kingdom of Yugoslavia, under the regency of Prince Paul, was briefly a member of the Axis in 1941.

Prince Paul adhered to the Tripartite Pact on March 25, 1941, but was removed from office two days later by a coup that ended his regency. The new Yugoslav government declared that it would be bound by the treaty, but Hitler suspected that the British were behind the coup against Prince Paul and vowed to destroy the country.

Croatia
Independent State of CroatiaDeclared on April 10, 1941, the Independent State of Croatia (Nezavisna Država Hrvatska, abbrev. NDH) was a member of the Axis powers until the end of Second World War, its forces fighting for Germany even after NDH had been overrun by the Allied Yugoslav Partisans.

Thailand

Kingdom of ThailandThailand was an ally and co-belligerent of Japan.

In the immediate aftermath of the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan invaded Thailand on the morning of December 8, 1941. Only hours after the invasion, Field Marshal Phibunsongkhram, the prime minister, ordered the cessation of resistance. On December 21, 1941, a military alliance with Japan was signed and on January 25, 1942 Thailand declared war on Britain and the United States of America.

Iraq

Kingdom of Iraq
Iraq was a co-belligerent of the Axis, fighting the United Kingdom in the Anglo-Iraqi War of 1941.

Seizing power on April 3, 1941, the nationalist government of Iraqi Prime Minister Rashid Ali repudiated the Anglo-Iraqi Treaty of 1930 and demanded that Britain close its military bases within the country. Ali sought support from Germany, Italy and Vichy France in expelling British forces from Iraq.

The above all came from here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_Powers

Tell me,how many of those countries did we invade and bomb into submission,just because they were Axis nations?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:36 am
Any idea, MM, how else besides the USA was on war against Germany? And the axis states? And some even earlier than the USA? (You may look it up in wiki again!)
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:42 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Any idea, MM, how else besides the USA was on war against Germany? And the axis states? And some even earlier than the USA? (You may look it up in wiki again!)

<grins>
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:53 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I dont need to look it up.
Are you asking what countries?

Here is a list...

USA
Britian
France (the govt recognized by the US and Britian,not Vichy France)
The Soviet Union
The Chang Kai shek(sp) govt of China
Poland
Australia
Canada
New Zealand
Newfoundland
South Africa
India and the Indian Empire
Norway
Netherlands
Belgium
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Portugal
Bolivia
Brazil
Columbia
Mexico
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Guatamala
Haiti
Honduras
Panama
Nicaragua
Philipines

That is a partial list.
Whats your point?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:59 am
He rarely has one.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:06 am
His point is that cut-and-pasting from Wikipedia isn't exactly what we call a responsive answer to the topic.

At least, Mcg, he's not just straight making **** up and pretending he knows what he's talking about, as you are wont to do.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:08 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
His point is that cut-and-pasting from Wikipedia isn't exactly what we call a responsive answer to the topic.

At least, Mcg, he's not just straight making **** up and pretending he knows what he's talking about, as you are wont to do.

Cycloptichorn

I went to wiki for the list of Axis nations because I didnt remember all of them.
I needed no such help for the allied nations list.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:10 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I went to wiki for the list of Axis nations because I didnt remember all of them.

Yes, and there's nothing wrong with looking stuff up; it's just that your comment was a non-sequitur. It wasn't material to the point: that Germany's allied forces attacked us, with Germany's support and approval. That's why stating that the Germans never attacked us is ridiculous; you know better, but choose to ignore when people point out the error of your ways.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:13 am
I have to look up a lot myself, too.

The reason why I asked was:

quote="mysteryman"]
Tell me,how many of those countries did we invade and bomb into submission,just because they were Axis nations?[/quote]
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:13 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Yes, and there's nothing wrong with looking stuff up; it's just that your comment was a non-sequitur. It wasn't material to the point: that Germany's allied forces attacked us, with Germany's support and approval. That's why stating that the Germans never attacked us is ridiculous; you know better, but choose to ignore when people point out the error of your ways.

Cycloptichorn

Ok,then answer this...
With the exception of Japan on 12/07/1941, what Axis nations attacked us to draw us into the war?
You said that "Germany's allied forces attacked us, with Germany's support and approval",so what nations were they?
And exactly when did they attack us first,BEFORE Japan did,or within 1 year of the Japanese attack?
0 Replies