Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

snood

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:40 am
Ticomaya wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
revel wrote:
(I have no opinion on the immigration issue but sort of lean towards thinking laws are there to be kept. But I don't agree with all the nasty rhetoric towards immigrants which has been spewed forth by those on far right of this issue.)

What are your thoughts about the nasty rhetoric towards immigrants that has been spewed by those on the far left on this issue?

Please cite/quote a source......

For what?

(Not that you're playing ignorant, but) for nasty rhetoric from the left.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:45 am
McTag wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
revel wrote:
(I have no opinion on the immigration issue but sort of lean towards thinking laws are there to be kept. But I don't agree with all the nasty rhetoric towards immigrants which has been spewed forth by those on far right of this issue.)

What are your thoughts about the nasty rhetoric towards immigrants that has been spewed by those on the far left on this issue?

Just about everyone in America is an immigrant.

So is every European, but does it really matter? How many generations does one have to go through until they are no longer considered an immigrant?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:06 am
McTag wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
revel wrote:

Just about everyone in America is an immigrant.

I'm really curious to know what your point is.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:11 am
snood wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
revel wrote:

For what?

Why would I have links to that? I didn't even claim any such nasty rhetoric had been uttered (as opposed to Revel, who did, and yet nobody demanded she provide any links). My point -- and don't try to play as if you couldn't tell what my point is ... you're not that dumb, snood -- was to address whether or not Revel didn't agree with all "nasty rhetoric" on the issue, or just that coming from the far right.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:00 am
If lefties spout off bigoted immigrant remarks, I would be against that as well.

As for actual links

Quote:
The American people believe English should be the official language of the government. ... We should replace bilingual education with immersion in English so people learn the common language of the country and they learn the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto," Gingrich said to cheers from the crowd of more than 100.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/news_theswamp/2007/04/gingrich_spanis.html

Quote:
Let us remember that we were not attacked by a nation on 9/11; we were attacked by extremists who acted in the name of the Islamic religion. I believe that if we do not stop illegal immigration totally, reduce legal immigration and end diversity visas, we are leaving ourselves vulnerable to infiltration by those who want to mold the United States into the image of their religion, rather than working within the Judeo-Christian principles that have made us a beacon for freedom-loving persons around the world.
Virgil Goode
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20070102/oppose02.art.htm

Quote:
Today on CNN, John King asked Buchanan if he "wants to set a policy where only white english-speaking people can come to America." Buchanan said that "the American people should decide who comes." Buchanan added that he believes "we should favor folks from cultures and civilization that have been assimilated before," i.e. white Europeans.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/08/28/buchanan-its-legitimate-for-americans-to-allow-only-white-english-speaking-immigrants/

Quote:
"The civilization that we as whites created in Europe and America could not have developed apart from the genetic endowments of the creating people, nor is there any reason to believe that the civilization can be successfully transmitted by a different people."
Buchanan

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/08/22/buchanan-white-dominance/

Quote:
They are "a scourge that threatens the very future of our nation," he says. He laments "the cult of multiculturalism," and worries about America's becoming a "Tower of Babel."
Tom Tancredo

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12017855/site/newsweek/
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:32 am
revel wrote:
If lefties spout off bigoted immigrant remarks, I would be against that as well.

Good for you. I'm opposed to all xenophobic rantings on the matter myself, regardless of the political leanings of the utterer.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:33 am
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
revel wrote:

For what?

Why would I have links to that? I didn't even claim any such nasty rhetoric had been uttered (as opposed to Revel, who did, and yet nobody demanded she provide any links). My point -- and don't try to play as if you couldn't tell what my point is ... you're not that dumb, snood -- was to address whether or not Revel didn't agree with all "nasty rhetoric" on the issue, or just that coming from the far right.

I didn't ask Revel for links becuase I am aware of nasty utterences of the extreme right. If you've watched any of the debates you've heard a tamed down version of it. Tancredo has been spouting his rhetoric for years.

You references nasty comments coming from the far left. My point in asking you to cite a source is because when I googled searched for it I couldn't find any such comments. I guess you're justification makes sense as long as you added a huge IF in front of your comment ("IF the far left made these comments...."). But you didn't pose it as a question, you uttered it as a statement of fact, which prompted my question.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:41 am
maporsche wrote:
You references nasty comments coming from the far left. My point in asking you to cite a source is because when I googled searched for it I couldn't find any such comments. I guess you're justification makes sense as long as you added a huge IF in front of your comment ("IF the far left made these comments...."). But you didn't pose it as a question, you uttered it as a statement of fact, which prompted my question.

If you think I uttered it as a statement of fact, then perhaps you would benefit from a remedial reading course at the local community college.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:43 am
Ticomaya wrote:
maporsche wrote:

If you think I uttered it as a statement of fact, then perhaps you would benefit from a remedial reading course at the local community college.

To quote you, my emphasis in bold. Please explain how this is not worded as fact.

Quote:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:04 am
Ticomaya not only needs a remedial reading course, but he also needs to learn how not to contradict himself from one post to the next. He doesn't understand fact from fiction, anywhos - and that's a fact!

Good show, maporsch.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:10 am
maporsche wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
maporsche wrote:

To quote you, my emphasis in bold. Please explain how this is not worded as fact.

Quote:

Because it was worded as a question. Note my shrewd use of the question mark at the end of the sentence. I've bolded, enlarged, and put it in red for your ease of viewing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:12 am
But you wrote the question as if "...nasty rhetoric towards immigrants that has been spewed by those on the far left on this issue..' was fact.

What a dork!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:13 am
Hey Tico, what are your thoughts about the giant red monkey that is currently flying out of your ass?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:17 am
Ticomaya wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
maporsche wrote:

Quote:

Because it was worded as a question. Note my shrewd use of the question mark at the end of the sentence. I've bolded, enlarged, and put it in red for your ease of viewing.

You are questioning this thoughts about the fictional comments not the comments themselves.

Are you sure I'm the one needing remedial education?

Keep digging Tico.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:18 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Hey Tico, what are your thoughts about the giant red monkey that is currently flying out of your ass?

You must be color blind. That monkey's blue.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:20 am
maporsche wrote:
You are questioning this thoughts about the fictional comments not the comments themselves.

I never said the comments were fictional, but you are starting to understand. And to think it only took three explanations for you to grasp the concept.

Quote:
Are you sure I'm the one needing remedial education?

Yes ... yes I am.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:22 am
FreeDuck wrote:

Let me continue this discussion

Tico (caution, ficticious quoting ahead) wrote:
There isn't a giant red monkey flying out of my ass

Freeduck wrote:
I never said there was a giant red monkey flying out of your ass. You need remedial English

Tico wrote:
But you did say there was a giant red monkey flying out of my ass, and then you asked my thoughts on it

Freeduck wrote:
Look at the question mark you remedial English moron

Tico wrote:
I give up (Tico of course would never actually give up, he'd just keep digging a hole)

Freeduck wrote:
Loser. I win
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:24 am
maporsche wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

Let me continue this discussion

Tico (caution, ficticious quoting ahead) wrote:
There isn't a giant red monkey flying out of my ass

Freeduck wrote:
I never said there was a giant red monkey flying out of your ass. You need remedial English

Tico wrote:
But you did say there was a giant red monkey flying out of my ass, and then you asked my thoughts on it

Freeduck wrote:
Look at the question mark you remedial English moron

Tico wrote:
I give up (Tico of course would never actually give up, he'd just keep digging a hole)

Freeduck wrote:
Loser. I win

Wrong .. the monkey is blue. I said that above. Please try and pay attention.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:42 am
Well, the monkey MIGHT have been blue BEFORE it flew out of your ass...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:44 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Well, the monkey MIGHT have been blue BEFORE it flew out of your ass...

I'm surprised it wanted to leave.
0 Replies