Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

snood

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 03:44 pm
He'll probably get it right with these tornado victims.

And yeah, Katrina victims will continue to wait...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 03:42 am
snood wrote:
He'll probably get it right with these tornado victims.

And yeah, Katrina victims will continue to wait...

Only those that are to lazy to get off their ass and help themselves!!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 04:52 am
Yeah, the same ones who wouldn't just "get off their asses" and get off the roof. You sicken me.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:19 am
MM: You sicken me too. What those people suffered and are still suffering is not because they don't get off their "lazy asses". Omigod!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:25 pm
I dont care if I sicken you or not.
Its time for you to face reality.

Yes,the people in NO got hit hard by Katrina,I dont deny that.

But,so did Pascagoula,Biloxi,Waveland,and many other small towns along the gulf coast.

The people in those small towns rolled up their sleeves and went to work,rebuilding.
They did it without waiting for govt handouts,and without crying that their towns had been hit by the storm.

The people in NO need to do the same thing.
If they wont,that is their own fault,not the govts.

Snood,
Dont even try to pull your crap with me.
I was not talking about during the hurricane,and you know it.

But,what is stopping those people from rebuilding now?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:34 pm
There are some places (ninth ward) that never even got the basic clearing and cleaning. If the sewers were clogged and the lines were down, the whole government from the city all the way up just let it stay that way. There was never any intent to bring back a certain part of the city. Katrina was jumped on as an opportunity to rid the city of some of its less advantaged inhabitants.

A scourge you doubtless revel in, punk.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:55 pm
snood wrote:
There are some places (ninth ward) that never even got the basic clearing and cleaning. If the sewers were clogged and the lines were down, the whole government from the city all the way up just let it stay that way. There was never any intent to bring back a certain part of the city. Katrina was jumped on as an opportunity to rid the city of some of its less advantaged inhabitants.

A scourge you doubtless revel in, punk.

Sewers...City responsibility
Lines down...city responsibility.

So,if as you say "there was never any intent to bring back a certain part of the city. Katrina was jumped on as an opportunity to rid the city of some of its less advantaged inhabitants."

Then that sounds like a decision made by the city,not the feds.

According to MSNBC,over 200 billion dollars,in private and federal aid has gone to New Orleans as of Aug 29,2006...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14574567/

Now,with that amount of money,there is no way that the 9th ward shouldnt have gotten money.
How many people from there just walked away and abandoned their homes?
How many people are expecting the govt to fix things for them?

Those that are physically able,and refuse to help themselves,dont deserve any help from anyone else.
If they wont get off their asses and help themselves,then screw them.

They have gotten enough money.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:04 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas (Reuters) - A shortage of trucks, helicopters and other equipment -- all sent to the war in
Iraq -- has hampered recovery in a U.S. town obliterated by a tornado, Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius said on Monday.

"There is no doubt at all that this will slow down and hamper the recovery," Sebelius, a Democrat, told Reuters in Kansas where officials said the statewide death toll had risen to 12 on Monday.

"Not having this equipment in place all over the state is a huge handicap," Sebelius said.

The tornado that devastated Greensburg, 110 miles west of Wichita, started a weekend of violent weather in Kansas, a state in the heart of the central United States region known as "Tornado Alley."

Ten died in Greensburg, a town of 1,600 people. An 11th died in nearby Pratt County and a 12th in a separate tornado in Ottawa County.

The twisters were accompanied by widespread flooding on Sunday and Monday that required more than 200 water rescues and closed many roads and shuttered several schools in another part of the state.

"We're getting pounded in Kansas. We have the need for National Guard in two different parts of our state now. This is really going to be a problem," Sebelius said.

Sebelius and other Democratic governors earlier this year assailed the Republican Bush administration for the strains they said the war had placed on their states' National Guardsmen, frequently mobilized for state emergencies.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:17 pm
MM: The people of New Orleans have gotten little help...a lot less help than MS gulf and one has to wonder why. Money that was offered from overseas was turned down...don't know why. Many people that lived there have not returned...they were so poor that you couldn't imagine how poor. I think you have to be human and humane to understand other people's suffering without pouring on about how they can't get a leg up and help themselves. You have to be a real human.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:27 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
MM: The people of New Orleans have gotten little help...a lot less help than MS gulf and one has to wonder why. Money that was offered from overseas was turned down...don't know why. Many people that lived there have not returned...they were so poor that you couldn't imagine how poor. I think you have to be human and humane to understand other people's suffering without pouring on about how they can't get a leg up and help themselves. You have to be a real human.

I have been to NO since the hurricane,and have toured the ninth ward.
I do understand their suffering,because I have seen firsthand the damage caused.

BUT,many of the homes and businesses in the ninth ward have simply been abandoned.
If people are going to abandon their homes,then bulldoze them down,they apparently dont want their homes anymore,or just dont care.
I also saw where peole in the ninth ward have rebuilt their homes,with little or no assistance from anyone.
Those people just rolled up their sleeves and went to work.

Why has the ninth ward received less money?
Ask Nagin,he is the mayor.
He decides what the priorities are.
Apparently,he wants those people out of there.

Am I being cruel?
I dont think so at all.
I am being realistic about the situation.

The time has come for the people still crying about Katrina to "fish or cut bait".

If they want their homes rebuilt,then they need to show some initiative and start rebuilding.
If they dont,then they are free to move on and let their houses be bulldozed.

The choice is up to them.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:40 pm
You have been to New Orleans, MM, and you know all about it. I'm sorry to be so sarcastic, but you do not have a clue to what these people have suffered and are still suffering. They got promised a lot and it wasn't delivered, no matter what Rush Limbaugh or whoever else you listen to has said. There was so much destruction and loss that it makes one heart ache. Blaming the poor doesn't help reconstruct. Most of the families were hard working people that have lived there for centuries. And yes, I mean during slavery. I'm sure the old people would like to rebuild...but with what? Their old hands? Trailers that the government bought with our tax payers money sit because of government idiocy.

Mayor Nagin ain't the whole problem nor is the Governor....things have been going sour for these people for a long time. FEMA left them to fend for themselves and many died.

Mary Chapin Carpenter's song, "Houston" just says it all, if you haven't heard it. That is if you do have a heart.

If you read the papers today...think it was the NYT. The levees have been rebuilt wrong...."and so it goes" as Kurt Vonnegut would say.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:54 pm
ABC correspondent, Michael Rowland, says that an opinion poll by Newsweek magazine shows more than 60 per cent of those surveyed believe the president's recent actions in Iraq show he is stubborn and unwilling to admit his mistakes.

Only 30 per cent said Mr Bush's decision to send in more American troops demonstrates he is willing to take political risks to do what is right.

Opposition to the war has dragged the president's overall approval rating down to 28 per cent, his lowest ever in the Newsweek poll.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:55 pm
Just heard on tv that Bush insulted the Queen of England.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:57 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
ABC correspondent, Michael Rowland, says that an opinion poll by Newsweek magazine shows more than 60 per cent of those surveyed believe the president's recent actions in Iraq show he is stubborn and unwilling to admit his mistakes.

Only 30 per cent said Mr Bush's decision to send in more American troops demonstrates he is willing to take political risks to do what is right.

Opposition to the war has dragged the president's overall approval rating down to 28 per cent, his lowest ever in the Newsweek poll.

Thats still 5 points higher then TRuman had.

BTW,how did he "insult" the Queen?
They havent said anything about that on the news here.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:47 pm
He did his usual flubbing of speech and said she was 230 yrs old!!

Go to Yahoo news....I can't bring it up...or go to Americablog by John Aravosis.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 12:42 am
Vietnamnurse wrote:

Go to Yahoo news....I can't bring it up...or go to Americablog by John Aravosis.

That wasnt an insult,it was a slip of the tongue.
I watched that on TV when it happened,she didnt look insulted by it,not according to her body language.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 01:46 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Vietnamnurse wrote:

I watched that on TV when it happened,she didnt look insulted by it,not according to her body language.

Are you surprised that some in the media would report it as an insult? Or that some would come to this thread with that announcement?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 03:34 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Vietnamnurse wrote:

Are you surprised that some in the media would report it as an insult? Or that some would come to this thread with that announcement?

No it wasn't an insult, the Pres was a very gracious and genial host.

Land sakes, he's got to be good at something.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 03:58 pm
I see it as a gaffe, not an insult.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:36 pm
I didn't mean he meant to insult...I only meant that his usual usage of the English language was a little awry! Laughing
0 Replies