Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:03 pm
Snood: You have heard of the term "Broken Glass Republican"? I saw it used on one of the right wing threads...it is supposed to mean that no matter what happens, you will cling to the party line and support its message. Denial is a big part of it even if it means crawling over broken glass.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:12 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
We will be back when the trolls and spammers and general Bush-bashers bore each other to death and go away. Since you refused to allow the thread be what we wanted it to be, at least we can take consolation from the fact that you're all contained here boring each other.

The fox stood on the burning deck
Whence all but she had fled...

Were the situation not so serious, I could almost feel sorry for you. Sad
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 05:10 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Snood: You have heard of the term "Broken Glass Republican"? I saw it used on one of the right wing threads...it is supposed to mean that no matter what happens, you will cling to the party line and support its message. Denial is a big part of it even if it means crawling over broken glass.

That must be the repub version of the term "yellow dog democrat".

That means that you would vote for a yellow dog before you would a republican.

So,both parties have their die hard adherents,whats your point?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:01 pm
MM: I can't speak for Yellow dog Dems...we were discussing the situation of the Broken Glass Republicans demonstrating total denial when it comes to support for his disastrous policies. Policies that have brought us to the mess we are in Iraq and our credibility in the world. I don't know any Yellow Dog Dems! Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:10 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
MM: I can't speak for Yellow dog Dems...we were discussing the situation of the Broken Glass Republicans demonstrating total denial when it comes to support for his disastrous policies. Policies that have brought us to the mess we are in Iraq and our credibility in the world. I don't know any Yellow Dog Dems! Laughing

"land-slide Lyndon" won probably every election he was in by votes from the cemeteries; the thing is though, the voters had once been bonifide/living citizens which is not at all the same as Bush voters. Chicago is another story altogether.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:40 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Vietnamnurse wrote:

Well, I'm repeating myself, but I think her point was the same as mine - that you bushlickers are talking a lot less sh*t these days, because there is a lot less sh*t that people will buy anymore about this cretinous blathering sap of a president, and all the havoc he's reaped on our country.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:45 pm
snood wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Vietnamnurse wrote:

Well, I'm repeating myself, but I think her point was the same as mine - that you bushlickers are talking a lot less sh*t these days, because there is a lot less sh*t that people will buy anymore about this cretinous blathering sap of a president, and all the havoc he's reaped on our country.

When you have to resort to personal insults,it weakens your argument.

The reason most Bush supporters wont argue with you,IMHO,is because your mind is made up.

Answer this honestly,if you can...

Since 2002,have you or any other liberal,elected or not,had anything good to say about the Bush admin,its policies,or the country in general?

When unemployment dropped below 5%,many of you immediately said that people werent being counted,or that the jobs were low paying.

When the IRS reports that tax revenues are up,you immediately say that the "rich" still arent paying enough and that the tax breaks only favored the rich (which according to the dems is anyone making over $200,000).

No matter what the good news is,you and others immediately say "yeah but".

So,I ask again,since 2002,have you or any other liberal,elected or not,had anything good to say about the Bush admin,its policies,or the country in general?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:59 pm
MM: There isn't any good news. All government agencies have been gutted and filled with third rate cronies. We are lied to on a daily basis about the Iraq War...which by the way was won in 2003 as Senator Jim Webb of Virginia so succinctly noted. We are now occupiers facing an insurgency and civil war brought on by Bush. There is nothing good to say about him or his policies. They are bereft...like Katrina. Holy Cow! He turned down millions or billions in reconstruction for New Orleans and the Gulf Coast.

You want to know why we dislike him and his policies? We are hated overseas...right after 9/11 he had the greatest opportunity handed to him and he wasted it with his narcissistic cowboy "my way or the highway" attitude. Not presidential...not a leader. A failure as he always has been.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 09:04 pm
You can twist it any way you like, my point remains. When the first "Bush Supporters" thread started, there was a hell of a lot more bluster and trash talk. It had nothing to do with "your humble opinion" that they "won't argue because my mind is made up". It ain't about me. It's about the slow realization that your boy in the white house is a galactic-class f*ck up.

Slow, and subconscious - because people like you will never admit the net damage he's done... you just talk a lot less of that "we're turning the corner in Iraq" HORSESH*T.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 10:34 pm
snood wrote:
You can twist it any way you like, my point remains. When the first "Bush Supporters" thread started, there was a hell of a lot more bluster and trash talk. It had nothing to do with "your humble opinion" that they "won't argue because my mind is made up". It ain't about me. It's about the slow realization that your boy in the white house is a galactic-class f*ck up.

Slow, and subconscious - because people like you will never admit the net damage he's done... you just talk a lot less of that "we're turning the corner in Iraq" HORSESH*T.

The first "Bush Supporters" thread started immediately following Bush's victory in 2004, so of course the mood was celebratory. I don't agree with your characterization of "bluster and trash talk," because I don't think that's what was going on (I wouldn't expect you to agree, but that's because your thinking is skewed). It seems this thread is more often than not used by the leftists on this board as just another place for them to spew their venom towards Bush, much like every other thread here. This isn't a "special treatment" thread, but we have asked on numerous occasions for it to remain on topic because the overwhelming numbers of leftists that frequent A2K turn virtually every thread on the political forum into another Bush rant. Instead of showing that consideration, however, leftists such as yourself continue to appear here with inflammatory postings designed to stir the ****. It's tiresome and boring. So while you may choose to conclude what you will from the lack of participation of Bush supporters here ("bluster" or "talking sh*t" as you refer to it), the reality is probably as Foxy said.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 02:23 am
I don't accept that it's my thinking that's "skewed". I submit that anyone who is still looking for reasons to praise this bumbling zealot wannabe tough guy idiot has some serious dissonance bordering on a break with reality.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 02:36 am
I often think snood's thinking is very skewed. I also sometimes agree with snood, it's a strange world.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 05:19 am
dyslexia wrote:
I often think snood's thinking is very skewed. I also sometimes agree with snood, it's a strange world.

So, you "often" think my thinking is skewed, but you only "sometimes" agree w/me, eh? Well, skew you, Dys!

(heh, heh -patting self on back for cleverness)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 11:42 am
'the commander guy.

Quote:

He just can't help himself, I wonder if he prances around in front a mirror in an officer military uniform saluting himself.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 10:25 pm
revel, Too bad so many in this country can't or refuses to interpret what's in front of them about "commander" Bush. He thinks he's second only to god, and the American people and congress has it all wrong.

The ineffective leader of Iraq, Malaki, has no power, no influence, and seen by most as a Bush puppet. Bush keeps trying to legitimize a leader that's lost it long ago, but both keep trying at the expense of our military and treasure.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:34 am
Actually, there aren't too many people who accept Bush, not even the NYT.

Top 100 Most Influential People list.

But Bush can take confort that when he is dead and gone, he will be remembered as a President in the "upper echelon of presidents."

Rush Limbaugh on Bush's legacy:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:44 am
As a matter of fact, recent polls still show about 38 percent of Americans support Bush - plus most of the GOP in congress. Go figure.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:30 am
Another recent poll shows that only 38% of Americans don't have their head up their ass. Who knew?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 07:39 am
An incisive analysis of Bush's loyal support, except for getting it backwards. Anyone who still believes in that dolt certainly has their head firmly up their ass.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 02:52 pm
Bush continues to make promises he rarely or ever keeps. I wonder how many in Kansas believes Bush when New Orleans is still waiting?

Bush pledges help for tornado victims
By ANN SANNER, Associated Press Writer
Sun May 6, 1:27 PM ET

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Sunday that Americans' "hearts are heavy" for tornado victims in devastated Greensburg, Kan., and he expressed confidence the farming town will be rebuilt.
0 Replies