Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

xingu

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 05:08 pm
Perhaps the worse mistake the neo-cons made was to trust a dry drunk to implement their ideology.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 08:46 pm
Agreed, Xingu. The Republican party paid big bucks forGWB Bush to win after Jeb lost the Florida governership. The Neo-cons were part of the formula and they went "with the President they had." Yeah...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:07 am
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Agreed, Xingu. The Republican party paid big bucks forGWB Bush to win after Jeb lost the Florida governership. The Neo-cons were part of the formula and they went "with the President they had." Yeah...

Not to nitpick,but Jeb Bush was gov of Florida from 1998 to 2006.
He was elected gov when GW was gov of Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeb_Bush

Quote:
In 1998, Bush defeated Democratic opponent Lt. Governor Buddy MacKay (55% to 45%) to become Governor of Florida, after courting the state's moderate voters and Hispanics. Simultaneously, his brother, George W. Bush won a landslide re-election victory for a second term as Governor of Texas, and the Bush brothers became the first siblings to govern two states at the same time since Nelson and Winthrop Rockefeller governed New York and Arkansas from 1967 to 1971.

So,GW was elected President AFTER Jeb became gov,not because Jeb lost.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 05:37 am
MM, Jeb lost the Governorship of Florida before GW won in Texas. He won the state after junior. I know I am right. He won it after his SECOND run for the seat. Momma Bush and Daddy were grooming Jebby for the WH and not their prodigal son.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:19 am
"Prodigal son" is too generous a world for George Jr.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:21 am
The conservative mentality. Some of them actually believe this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/huffposoros.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:49 am
Heard Bush on CNN today where he repeated that old refrain that unless we fight them in Iraq, we'll be fighting them on the streets of America. We're in Iraq to control terrorism. He just forgot to mention that his war in Iraq incrased terrorism around the world.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:00 am
Any Bush supporters want to comment on why your guy gained confidence in Gonzales after his judiciary committee testimony? He seems to be alone in that assessment.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:36 am
A footnote in my paper today- a spat between Karl Rove and Cheryl Crowe. What a piece of work that man is.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:44 pm
Here's one for Tico, George and maybe Foxy too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2063979,00.html
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:46 pm
McTag wrote:
From my paper today- a spat between Karl Rove and Cheryl Crowe. What a piece of work that man is.

http://environment.guardian.co.uk/climatechange/story/0,,2064101,00.html
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:35 am
Bush Approval Rating Falls to 28%,

Some may say that dems worrying about Bush when he can't run again just shows how obsessed dems are with Bush. I can't speak for democrats or even the ones who are running now but the reason I still talk about Bush is a kind of complicated. It is more than just Bush the man, but rather the Bush administration's extreme idealogy that has run freely and fluently since he has been in office that I am against.

John McCain used to represent the more moderate republican and he was one I could have accepted even though domestically as far as government programs, taxes and stuff like that I have always had my differences. However, he has fallen full face in Bush's idealogy and has gotten rather silly to boot.

Those who are against the way the country is headed has got to keep talking about those who are in office now so that people will not vote for people who hold the same values and idealogies.

(just thought I would explain, if no one is interested, just skip it)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 01:44 am
From today's Washinton Post (page A4)

http://i16.tinypic.com/35i2iir.jpg

Sending a Message, With Unimpeachable Clarity
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 05:14 am
Check out what the Bush and War Supporters were saying 4 years ago...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/fouryearslater1.jpg
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:45 am
Thanks Snood, I printed that one out I enjoyed it so much.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:54 am
They were all wrong? How can that be? LOL
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 05:11 am
Has anyone else noticed how full of bluster the bushlickers were, when this thread started in its first incarnation, and how less so now?

jpinMilwaukee, Foxfyre, McGentrix, et al had endless C&Ps about the "progress" being made in Iraq, and the "support" Bush was "gaining" in the country, and all the repeated talking points of the grand old partypoopers. They are talking considerably less **** these days.

Whadya bet they'll not admit that its because the failure of this ratfu*k president is penetrating even their thick skulled denial, but because of something the "bush-haters" have done?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:31 am
Yes, I noticed that too.

Most people are now realising what was obvious years ago, that Bush and his policies are a disaster.

Shame it took so long.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 11:54 am
We will be back when the trolls and spammers and general Bush-bashers bore each other to death and go away. Since you refused to allow the thread be what we wanted it to be, at least we can take consolation from the fact that you're all contained here boring each other.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 12:10 pm
The only folks who seek special treatment - threads which aren't allowed to wander in topic - are the frequenters of the 'Bush Supporter' thread.

We take consolation in the fact that you, Fox, and the ideologies which you and others in this thread used to aggressively promote, are being disproven one by one. You can be as pissy or as upset as you like; we could care less.

If you really didn't care, you wouldn't post at all. But you do care, and just try to act as if you don't.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies