Is This a Racist Flag?

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 05:47 am
At its height, the Confederate States army numbered somewhat in excess of one half million troops. This ridiculous claim would make blacks over 30% of that force--almost one third. More than 175,000 blacks served in the United States Army (Wikipedia claims that there were 186,097, comprised of 7,122 officers and 178,975 enlisted men--it cites as its source Herbert Aptheker, "Negro Casualties in the Civil War," The Journal of Negro History, Vol. 32, No. 1., Jan., 1947, pp. 12.)--and these represented more than 10% of the Federal troops. To claim that a similar number served with the Confederate States is hilariously idiotic. We are expected to believe that the Confederates would arm a number of blacks equivalent to the entire force of their two largest armies, the Army of Northern Virginia and the Army of the Tennessee--i don't think so.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 05:54 am
I would not think they would do that in a large number either..

but I am willing to bet you there were men who dressed up their negros so that THEY didnt get shot.. and sent their negro on their way..

I dont think that is too far fetched.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:00 am
I haven't the least doubt that blacks carried arms and went in harm's way on behalf of the Confederate states--it is the suggestion that they did so in such large numbers that i consider to be completely unsupportable. When Joe Johnston suggested early in the war that blacks be enlisted (or that black slaves be pressed into service), he pointed out that in his army (then the main Confederate army) there were 10,000 men then engaged in non-combat roles. There is plenty of evidence that thousands of blacks served as carters, muleteers, cooks, etc., to relieve whites for service in the line--but i doubt that anyone could demonstrate reliably that even with all those categories included, that the number even nearly approached 150,000.

One of the problems with how most people support their arguments is the extravagance of their claims. This is wonderful example of just that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:34 pm
shewolf, carrying a gun is necessary. Especially if you live in a neighborhood full of drunk, welfare addled blacks and mexicans. Do yourself a favor and get armed.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:35 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

but I am willing to bet you there were men who dressed up their negros so that THEY didnt get shot.. and sent their negro on their way..

I dont think that is too far fetched.

Good idea.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 09:18 pm
You are one pathetic cowardly ant.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 06:21 am
Hardly. Laughing
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:24 pm
cjhsa wrote:
shewolf, carrying a gun is necessary. Especially if you live in a neighborhood full of drunk, welfare addled blacks and mexicans. Do yourself a favor and get armed.
True.
That's why I own two guns - one for blacks and one for browns. Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 07:07 pm
So if a white thug is threatening you physically, whadya do then - run buy another gun?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 08:44 pm
snood wrote:
So if a white thug is threatening you physically, whadya do then - run buy another gun?

White guys are not as tuff, a pellet rifle or even a BB gun will usually suffice.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:17 am
2PacksAday wrote:
snood wrote:

White guys are not as tuff, a pellet rifle or even a BB gun will usually suffice.

Why not add, in the racist way, that that the white thug is always polite, and says please, as he puts the gun in your mouth.

Joe(and is never named Soprano)Nation
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:39 am
That was a joke...and so is this...

Italians are white?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:44 am
2PacksAday wrote:

Italians are white?

Where it counts.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:53 am
Quote:
That was a joke...

How do you do know mine wasn't?

Maybe it was.

That what we do with our predjudices.

Joe(we pretend we were only fooling.)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 09:46 am
2PacksAday wrote:

Italians are white?

The member Baldimo once posted an incredibly racist remark in a thread of a new member (who happens to be black), referring to n***er music. When called on it, he denied that he is white (he later began claiming that his wife is not white either--not actually saying that either of them is black, just that they are not white). I recalled him having posted a complaint a few days before in an immigration thread that he couldn't get a construction job, because they weren't hiring white guys. When called on that, he said that he is not white, because he is Italian ! ! !

That reminded me of the scene in True Romance in which Christopher Walken, playing the part of a consiglieri with the mob, is preparing to torture Dennis Hopper, who is playing a retired cop, and the father of the man the mob is trying to get. Knowing that he can't hold up under the torture, Hopper's character decides to commit a form of suicide. He begins by telling Walken that all Sicilians are descended from n***ers. He then recounts how Sicily was invaded by Moors from Africa in the middle ages, and takes the theme from there an runs with it. The consiglieri finally, in anger, blows his head off, before they can learn where his son has gone.

The movie is full of such twists and turns--immediately after they shoot Hopper, one of the wise guys sees a post-it note on the refrigerator giving the telephone number and name of the guy Hopper's son is going to see in L.A.

So, apparently, according to that motion picture, and Baldimo, Eye-talians ain't white.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 09:57 am
It's in line with the subject of this thread. One seldom finds anyone, outside the confines of a Prison for the Criminally Insane, who will admit that the reason they fly the Battle Flag is send a message about the superiority of one race over another. They are just asserting their rebel-ness, their redneck pride, they don't mean anything racist by it. They are just joshing.

Joe(right)Nation
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 06:28 am
Kill whitey.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:23 am
2PacksAday wrote:
snood wrote:

And if they're a middled aged white male,
distract them with a toddler.
Oh ****! Surprised
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 09:45 am
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/article551722.ece?75
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 11:31 am
Yaas, it's about honoring our ancestors who died attempting to destroy the United States of America, swell fellows all of them, who mainly wanted to be left alone, fer sure, and if that took making the United States a Slave Nation from sea to shining sea, so be it.

Hey,they could have just formed their own nation OH WAIT !! They did! Those ancestors didn't want to be Americans anymore and who could blame them. Imagine having to live in a country where you weren't allowed to own a couple of black people. 'tain't right, right? Talk about interfering with a white man's right to pursue happiness!!

Poor old ancestor shot dead in the act of subverting the USA!

America! Love it or cleave it!

Joe(I bet he'd be shocked that that crane company owner even listens to what his black employee says. )Nation
0 Replies