Is This a Racist Flag?

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 06:48 pm
About three years ago we were having dinner with a bunch of people, most of whom we didn't know, artists and actors, some singers and several technical people (lighting, costumes, make-up, that sort of thing.) Anyway, I see this one guy wearing a Che Guevara shirt, and it had been years since I had seen anyone in one, so I said to the guy "Wow, Che! So, are you a big fan of his?" and the guy looks at me and says "Who?"

He didn't have a clue who Guevara was, to him he was just an image on a t-shirt. He kind of reminds me of people who fly the Stars and Bars and say that they don't see any racial symbolism in the act. They've washed out it's real history so that it has become something less than what it was in it's real glory - a battle flag. Now, it's just some rag that the wild boys of wherever wave whenever they are feeling a lack of self esteem.

Lookie, lookie, I'm a reb.

What rebels, imagine, ten people in the back of a flatbed!! Wow!

Joe(You talk about some radical action!! Ten! . Rolling Eyes .. shucks)Nation
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:44 am
Did the guy with the Che t-shirt have a nose ring and a nipple piercing?

Clueless is as clueless does.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 07:12 am
Laughing Joe's point, exactly.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:02 am
Yes but it depends on your perspective. In the case of this thread, I think the flag was adopted by racists, such as the pic of Byrd shows, rather than it being born as symbol of racism. Some people fly it out of stupidity, others fly it as a source of pride. Perspective....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:02 am
It also doesn't suprise me that Joe seems to be a fan of Che....
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 11:33 am
cjhsa wrote:
Some people fly it out of stupidity, others fly it as a source of pride.

And for some people, their stupidity is a source of pride.

But then you knew that already, I'm sure.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 11:43 am
I do. They're called Democrats.
0 Replies

ncoons22

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:30 pm
first of all, thanks for the backup cjhsa.

second of all, to answer you edgarblythe, all of them dipshit. obviously your one of them.
0 Replies

ncoons22

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:32 pm
guns dont kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE! so leave my guns alone! NRA ALL THE WAY!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:54 pm
ncoons22 wrote:
first of all, thanks for the backup cjhsa.

second of all, to answer you edgarblythe, all of them dipshit. obviously your one of them.

Duh. You shore put me in my place, with your superior logic and incisive wit.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 09:24 pm
yer stoopid, edgur. Its speled "shure".
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 09:30 pm
I done already admitted I was stoopid, snood. What more do ya want?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 05:13 am
cjhsa wrote:
It also doesn't suprise me that Joe seems to be a fan of Che....

Then you would be wrong about that as well. In fact, I think you would be a bigger fan of Che than me, he, after all, was in favor of violence against repressive governments, me?, not so much. And he was a very big fan of firepower versus negotiation, you too, right?

You say that the flag in discussion was adopted by racists, but that is not the history. It was created by a racist nation, The Confederacy, whose own birth, despite the denials and spins of later generations, sprang out of the desire to retain the black man in bondage in the South and to expand the institution of Slavery throughout the United States.

You cannot wash that flag clean.

When you fly it, you fly it not for freedom, but in the face of freedom.

Joe(here we are in the land of the free.)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 05:35 am
to answer you edgarblythe, all of them dipshit. obviously your one of them.

Oh, well - I recognize a fool when I encounter one. You don't know anything and you are not interestd in learning anything. I expect you to come back with further name calling, but nothing else.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 07:03 am
Since the flag obviously represents something that makes liberals really, really upset, I'm going to get a rebel plate for my car, and a full on flag for my cabin up north.

cuz a man don't need you around, anyhow.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 07:27 am
Read over the thread again. Who is it that's upset?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 07:32 am
It's my thread.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 07:36 am
cjhsa wrote:
It's my thread.

http://chrisalmajose.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/waaaah.gif

( you can do better then that ) Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 07:40 am
???
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:08 am
What an odd country America would be if we thought like cjsha. We would claim to be the land of the free yet some would be held less free by others who claimed that their God had so declared such behavior just.

Wouldn't that be more like the old South Africa? or maybe Saudi Arabia?
Yemen. Somalia?

Oh cjsha, you would love Somalia. Anyone with enough guns and followers can form a clan (no, that is not a misspelling.) and govern, or at least, control, as big an area as they have the firepower and factional strength to hold.

I bet you think you have a God-given right to own as many guns as you want and use them to intimidate anyone you believe that same God has given you permission to act against.

The folks in Somalia think the same thing, you should go visit!!

Or go to Sadr City in Baghdad, those boys know how to use their guns and the Word of God against God's enemies.

Joe(Bring your flag.)Nation
0 Replies