Pacco

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:28 pm
ossobuco wrote:

We waited too long for one of our cats, and .. thus... I'd rather be early on it. (geez...)

I waited too long on my first pet to die. I was very mindful of that with Boo. I have her old boobaru (wheeliecart), but it wouldn't fit a corgi. I wish it would, I'd send it to you.

Check out eddies wheels. They aren't cheap, but they might be worth the cost for you. People here offered to help me pay for one, I'm sure we could start a collection for you and Pacco. WHEELS

http://www.eddieswheels.com/assets/images/Peachdejancbtoys.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:35 pm
Re the weight, the Pacc is an extra long corgi, compared to others I've run across personally. Tartarin called him a ranch corgi, and said she could guess he might be from a particular breeder in Oregon. He was never a fluffy foo foo, not that I mind fluffy foo foos. I used to, but have gotten over that. But his ranchy personality and mine work out nicely.

(er, in case anyone wonders, pacco is package in italian.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:55 pm
Oy, what a photo, littleK.

I've mixed feelings, aaaaaack.

I remember back in Venice, where I and my ex used to inhabit the boardwalk on many weekend mornings, going for the good coffee and great croissants at Ali's at the corner of Rose Avenue, then going for a long walk. A woman used to show up with her dog with this contraption holding up the dog's rear half. I remember thinking it cruel.

Not to say I was right then.
My immediate instinct is not to go there.
Not to say I am right now.

On money, it's complicated. I do own a house, of excitingly diminishing value because of both the market and the house's lemon quality, whatever mess my other finances are in. And I can't take out a loan on it because I don't have the income to pay it back.

Maybe if he gets into pain, I'll look into corgi societies of some sort, for help with anti inflammatories (inflamatories?). But - re corgi societies - I don't love him because of the apparent purebredness, I love him for his eyes looking at me. We'll see, that's the cruxt of it. I don't think I want to even start with pain. And I know dogs are stoic, at least some.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 11:24 pm
Well, there ya go. No cart. They're a bit of a pain in the butt anyway.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 11:58 pm
Well, that is what I feel today, and ten and more years ago. Still, the doggie in the photo looks happy. I don't think I'm going there, but I won't rail against people who do.

Pacco is forthright. I think that when I put him down he'll still be looking at me - I think that is what I want. I've done the other (she says, bravely for the nonce.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:29 am
Boo was looking at me. She was on my lap, out in the sunshine and grass. She wasn't that far gone.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:31 am
Osso, you'll find your own way. No matter what anyone here says. That is how it should be. I need to get some sleep - see you tomorrow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:31 am
I understand, not re sleep, which natch I get, but the previous post.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:51 am
Hugs to both of you! We just saw the slideshow from my last trip to Duke town again (with some [A2K] friends on visit here) and Paco (and Sally) caught everyone's attraction.

I remember, when one of our dachshounds - my favourite - got a kind of spasticity and I refused at the vet to have him getting ... .

All the best to both of you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:35 am
Hi, Walter. As you can surmise, this scenario isn't immediate, though perhaps soon, or nearly soon. Glad some other folks saw the devilish duo, indeed, really glad of that.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 03:36 pm
Hugs to you and Pacco. It's so hard.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 04:35 pm
Hugs back, Swimp.

On another front, I'm enjoying your trip vicariously.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:52 pm
My Pacco is gone. My house is silent, he is everywhere in every room with his eyes and his ears and his nose and his paws, his sweet paws, and not here.

As much preparation time as I've had, I'm in disbelief.

Nobody really has to say anything, I know you all understand.

My sparky, my treasure, my dear.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:54 pm
Ohhhh honey.

oh ****.

I knew it. When I saw this thread pop up. I knew it.

Im sorry.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:56 pm
I'm so sorry osso.

I feel your grief.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:56 pm
I've been waiting for you to get home.

((( OssoB )))
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:03 pm
You have my sympathy. Every time I have lost a pet I have grieved as though it were a person.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:09 pm
Thank you for your understanding. I'm out of my tree emotionally. The scenario went as well as anything like this can and Pacco was not fearful, giving me his smiles even while waiting for the doc and the catheter for the injection. Diane drove while I held him in the car, and she stayed with me through it. I had the damndest time leaving that room, the damndest.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:18 pm
I'm glad Diane was there with you. For all of you.

The quiet's hard.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:21 pm
Oh, Jo, my heart breaks for you. Couldn't have been there to cry with you, so I'm doing it alone, which is also alright.
0 Replies