Pacco

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:44 pm
Some more substantial than others. Pacco was quite a long boy..
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 03:23 pm
The eyes, the eyes, the eyes, those beautiful corgi eyes.

Then there's the smile...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:35 pm
I missed out on a lot of threads while on vacation, so I am just now
reading this..

Osso, I am so sorry that you've lost your loyal companion, and even though
we know that these little four-legged friends will leave us one day, we are
just devastated when it does happen. I know the emptiness you're feeling
and the utter sadness that comes with it, and although you'll be a great "Mommy" to another dog one day, for now, you need to mourn Paco and let all your emotions go. We all understand!

hugs to you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:31 pm
Hugs back, and thank you, Jane.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:11 pm
Still thinking of you and Pacco, osso. I'm glad you haven't changed your avatar. I like looking at him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:14 pm
I like seeing him here too. I remember thinking I should change my avatar before I had to put Boo down. Because afterwards I'd feel like I couldn't. But, frankly, I don't want to. It doesn't pain me to see her here - it's actually a rather light and happy photo of her. I feel the same about Pacco. A light and happy photo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:28 am
I agree, littleK. I remember you took the Boo avatar down for a while and I missed it, was happy when you put it back.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 03:14 pm
I agree, but--if you'll pardon my gross selfishness--I would also like to see a new avatar with a picture of Pacco II; that's the only way "reincarnation" makes sense to me: Pacco becomes Paquito (in my mind at least).
I should shut up and cut my losses here, but I'd like to repeat that no one can really replace a loved one, but perhaps they could meet the same needs. THAT'S why widows and widowers remarry: not to replace the lost spouse but to serve the needs that spouses (or in this case loved pets) met. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:10 pm
Please don't feel need to respond to this, it is a marker. I don't mean to answer, at least right now. Just let it be.
Will post again in another year past.

My sparky, my treasure, my dear.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:51 pm
Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 08:11 am
{{{{{{{{{{ osso }}}}}}}}}}
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 05:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Just rereading this thread. On the ashes, I should have brought them to California on my trip this last November. I would have found a place; as much as I find ash placing a matter of sentimental whimsy, I also connect to it. As chance would have it, my cousins and I may do a similar trip next october, in which case I'll have some funny luggage.

This is on reread an interesting account of grief, even though it isn't about a human. I'm biased, as it was/is my own grief. From another view, what a self indulgent thread. I see both sides of that.

Meantime, I'm well into the phase of pleasure at seeing anything about the pacc, or boo, or mikey, or many other of our pets now gone. Remembering also Letty's dog, though not the dog's name.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:59 pm
@ossobuco,
You don't have to explain, dear. Those of us who have loved our dogs understand. Mine's been gone a long time and I still think of her with a smile. She was the best bad dog there ever was.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:02 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Meantime, I'm well into the phase of pleasure at seeing anything about the pacc, or boo, or mikey, or many other of our pets now gone. Remembering also Letty's dog, though not the dog's name.

I understand what you're going through. The pleasure of the memories--but I gotta admit I had a pang when I saw Mikey's name. I miss that big fuzzy meshugina.
littlek

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:20 am
<sigh> My mother asked if seeing all the family pets (4 dogs and a cat) over xmas made me sad. They didn't. I love seeing them. They did make me want my own.
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 05:19 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

<sigh> My mother asked if seeing all the family pets (4 dogs and a cat) over xmas made me sad. They didn't. I love seeing them. They did make me want my own.

Exactly. I love seeing them. Then I pine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 05:34 pm
@Roberta,
Right, and right to littlek too.. it's a push pull thing. Joy and whappo in a package.
0 Replies