Pacco

mckenzie

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:59 pm
Osso, I am so sorry to read about Pacco. I just finished reading through the thread. Our animals are beloved family, no doubt about it. I'm glad you're coming to terms and feeling better, if only a little!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:18 am
Hi, McKenzie, and thank you.

Swimpy and JL, eek, and eek!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:28 am
((((((Osso)))))))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:32 am
Montana, hugs back.

I forgot to mention, a couple of days ago I got a card from the veterinarian's office signed with messages by all, including him. Very nice, not just one of those saccharine type cards. Of course, waaaaaaaaah!!, but it was a good thing to get.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 12:14 pm
ossobuco
Still reading along and thinking of you.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:45 pm
Dear Osso, I just lost the post I was trying to add to your thread. Please understand that I know what you are going thru. I'll provide a more detailed response in a little while, the one that disappeared on me took the wind out of my sails since I'm dealing with the same thing you are. But this is not about me, I just need a few minutes to collect myself and express my sadness over your loss. I don't know why the dogs love us, but I'm so grateful that they do. I'm thinking of you and Pacco. All the best, your friend in Annapolis.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:49 pm
Thank you belatedly, TTH.

Glitter - I figure it's hard reading this thread for you. Comfort to you and your hub these days....
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:09 pm
ossobuco
You are welcome. I had to find this in another program of mine and I don't know if you have seen this before. I am not religious but I thought
it was a nice poem. I have no idea who the author is.

"A DOG POEM

When God had made the earth, sky,
The flowers and the trees,
He then made all the animals
And all the birds and bees.
And when his work was finished,
Not one was quite the same.
He said, "I'll walk this earth of mine
and give each one a name."

And so he traveled land and sea
And everywhere he went,
A little creature followed him
Until its strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth
And in the sky and sea,
The little creature said, "Dear Lord.
There's not one left for me."
The Father smiled and softly said,
"I've left you to the end.
I've turned my own name back to front
and called you Dog, my friend."
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:35 pm
osso, I'm so sorry. Being out of town I missed your sad news. I'm glad you've kept your avatar -- he's such a handsome dog -- and you spoke of him with such obvious love.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:02 pm
Osso, I would love to see you buy another gorky (the breed's name?) and name him Paquito.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:38 pm
Corgi!!!!!

Corgis aren't inexpensive, the little darlings. Pacco was essentially free... a gift package, thus his name in italiano. Thinking, what would that be then, Paccolino....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:45 pm
If and when you're ready, and if Thomas lands in Dallas ... he could always pick up a friend at the North Texas Pembroke Welsh Corgi FanciersTitle rescue and take a road trip and that's a lot of ands, but I hope there's another corgi in your life.

Someday.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:59 pm
Hmmmmm.

Well, I'm not, as you'd guess, ready anytime soon, but I don't preclude it. I could only do a rescue, which is what I'd want to do anyway.

I'm still in touch with an ex a2ker off and on who now has three corgis... she travelled quite far to get one of them; she's really smart about the different breeders, one in Texas as I remember.
Well, I don't so much care about all the breeding points, certainly don't give a hoot if the white spots are in the wrong place (!), but I liked Pacco's doggie traits, and loved him specifically, so I'm sentimental about corgis.
I do care about the myelopathy thing, but Pacco got it, as far as I could see, quite late re his natural life span. I wouldn't have missed being with him for the world.

I'll keep that link, Beth.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:05 pm
Someday.

(of course, I had to go and look and fell in love with the 10 year old <sigh>)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:05 pm
Aaaaaack! That website breaks my heart! Oh, man.......
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:06 pm
Yeah, the 10 year old. Kills me..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:09 pm
There's a real 'dogness' about corgis that I like. A lot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:22 pm
Yeah. I've almost always been a big dog person, with near disdain for small yippers. Disdain would be too derogatory, but let's say I've had way less interest. (I'm getting better about that.) I was attracted to corgis in the first place because of some barky corgi left out in the yard across from my house in northern california, off and on for a few months. I liked his size (I could probably handle one of those...) and heft, the ears, the face...

Well, then, having a corgi personally, the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, and the smile; the full personality.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:30 pm
Tai Chi, thank you, and, yeh, no pulling the avatar, at least for a while.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:36 pm
Corgis aren't little. Just short. There's a substanial dog there.
0 Replies