THE US, THE UN AND IRAQ, ELEVENTH THREAD

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 04:04 pm
A forged letter linking Saddam Hussein to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks was ordered on White House stationery and probably came from the office of Vice President Dick Cheney, according to a new transcript of a conversation with the Central Intelligence Agency's former Deputy Chief of Clandestine Operations Robert Richer.

The American Conservative also published a report saying that the forgery was actually produced by then-Defense Undersecretary Douglas Feith's Office of Special Plans, citing an unnamed intelligence source. The source reportedly added that Suskind's overall claim "is correct."

"My source also notes that Dick Cheney, who was behind the forgery, hated and mistrusted the Agency and would not have used it for such a sensitive assignment," the magazine wrote. "Instead, he went to Doug Feith's Office of Special Plans and asked them to do the job. … It was Feith's office that produced the letter and then surfaced it to the media in Iraq. Unlike the [Central Intelligence] Agency, the Pentagon had no restrictions on it regarding the production of false information to mislead the public. Indeed, one might argue that Doug Feith's office specialized in such activity."

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article20470.htm
Some are rational and critical while others wave their flags.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 04:38 pm
Another support for Suskind's claims about false documents produced by this administration. The sad fact is, nothing will come out of them.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 05:48 pm
Bush had it wrong:
1. Saddam did not have any WMDs;
2. Saddam did not have a cooperative link with al-Qaeda;
3. Saddam did not develope any nuclear weapon components.

Bush had it right:
1. Al-Qaeda had obtained sanctuary in Northeastern Iraq;
2. Saddam was mass murdering thousands of Iraqi non-murderers per month;
3. Saddam was violating the Gulf War Armistice.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 05:53 pm
Ican
Bush had it right:
1. Al-Qaeda had obtained sanctuary in Northeastern Iraq;
2. Saddam was mass murdering thousands of Iraqi non-murderers per month;
3. Saddam was violating the Gulf War Armistice. .
No idiot in the world need some Residents of White House to preach sermons.
The benighn benevolent brotherly affection and connection with Iraq's dead dictator is well documented..
The fact is this.
BUSH had made Iarq a hell.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:08 am
U.S. agrees to set withdrawal date with Iraq

Quote:

I am wondering if the Iraqis realize that in these words like "American bases" it still means troops would be inside Iraq, just on their bases outside Iraqi cities. (something Obama supports but I don't) Also the immunity outside the bases is subject to both Iraq and US military jurisdiction ." I don't see what the big changes are. Just including the words but not the actual intent is a pretty shoddy trick.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:21 am
revel, I'm with you on this; the wording doesn't change anything. We're still building 14 permanent bases in Iraq, and the largest embassy in Baghdad in the world. It seems what is so obvious to most observers can't be seen by the Iraqi government. Fool me once....
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:06 pm
You've been wrong on so much about iraq, one would think you'd be more cautious about being wrong again.

Quote:
U.S. officials wouldn't discuss specifics. But a senior American official here confirmed that the negotiations are near completion, that the agreement now includes a "time horizon" for withdrawing American combat troops and that specific dates have been discussed.

"The negotiators have pretty much wrapped up their work," said the official, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity. "But we've seen things take unexpected twists and turns."

The official said, "There is a time horizon that we're discussing that involves various goals which are set together.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:13 pm
Most of the critical( read rational) people around the globe are fed up with the criminal adminstration .
The earlier the corporate controlled, curmudgeion administration stop the barbaric butchering, maiming, torturing, looting, killing the innocent people the better.
I mean USA's adminstration and not the citizens who are helpless to stop this barbarism
Rama Fuchs
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:59 pm
I had been to Bagdad and one of the member of this forum ( Mysteryman) was there .
How many of you had been there?

"The United States must provide a "very clear timeline" to withdraw its troops from Iraq as part of an agreement allowing them to stay beyond this year, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiyar Zebari said on Sunday.

It was the strongest public assertion yet that Iraq is demanding a timeline. U.S. President George W. Bush has long resisted setting a firm schedule for pulling troops out of Iraq, although last month the White House began speaking of a general "time horizon" and "aspirational goals" to withdraw.

Iraq's leaders have become more confident of their ability to provide security on their own as the country has become safer. But bombings, which killed at least nine people on Sunday, were a reminder that it is still a violent place
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/08/10/10918/
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:18 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Most of the critical( read rational) people around the globe are fed up with the criminal adminstration .
The earlier the corporate controlled, curmudgeion administration stop the barbaric butchering, maiming, torturing, looting, killing the innocent people the better.
I mean USA's adminstration and not the citizens who are helpless to stop this barbarism
Rama Fuchs

The criminals are those and their accomplices who mass murder non-murderers. Murdering mass-murderers and their accomplices is essential for stopping mass-murderers from mass murdering non-murderers.

Yes, the USA has stumbled and bumbled too damn much in its effort to murder mass-murderers and their accomplices. In particular, the USA has in its efforts to murder mass-murderers and their accomplices, too often killed--but not deliberately killed, that is, not murdered--far too many non-murderers. Of the 100,000 Iraqis killed since March 20, 2003, more than 80% were murdered by Iraq based mass-murderers of non-murderers.

Before the USA invaded Iraq in 2003, and after 1979, Saddam Hussein mass murdered over 2 million Iraqis. Some blame much of that on the USA's support of Iraq against Iran. I blame only U]some[/U] of that on the USA's support of Iraq against Iran. But in 1991, the USA began to rectify that error. Even so Saddam Hussein continued after 1991 to mass murder over 120 Iraqis per day. Currently, the number of Iraqis murdered per day by Iraq based, mass-murderers is less than 10 per day. It's not good enough. But it's not bad either.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:22 pm
Not an objective analysis sir. Fact is this.
USA's adminstration is a street thug( Not the poor innocent Americans but their criminal adminstration.
My views are strong and very critical for which I have no regret.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:22 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:

... Iraq's leaders have become more confident of their ability to provide security on their own as the country has become safer. But bombings, which killed at least nine people on Sunday, were a reminder that it is still a violent place
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/08/10/10918/

I think the Iraq government ought to establish a timeline when they want the USA's troops to leave Iraq. When they do set that timeline, they should make their demand public. I for one will support it enthusiastically.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:25 pm
If I were a citizen of Iraq
I would have politely ask the rascals who had made the life bitter.
Sir.
But I live in Germany and try to expose the criminal intention of those rascals who had devasted that land.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:36 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Not an objective analysis sir. Fact is this.
USA's adminstration is a street thug( Not the poor innocent Americans but their criminal adminstration.
My views are strong and very critical for which I have no regret.

Our administration is not a street thug, but it is highly prone to dumb decisions. Your views are "strong and highly critical," because you cannot accept the culpability of the mass-murderers and their accomplices located in Iraq for the large majority of the mass murders of non-murderers that have occurred in Iraq.

Yes the mass-murderers and their accomplices located in Iraq are a malignancy that must be exterminated from Iraq. That malignancy cannot be exterminated by "doctor USA" alone. That malignancy also must be exterminated by "doctor Iraq."
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:52 pm
If a Doctor
doctors another Doctor
can the doctor
who is doing doctoring
doctor the Doctor
being doctored?

As well as the Doctor
who is being doctored
doctor the Doctor
who is doing doctoring?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 04:04 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
If a Doctor
doctors another Doctor
can the doctor
who is doing doctoring
doctor the Doctor
being doctored?

As well as the Doctor
who is being doctored
doctor the Doctor
who is doing doctoring?

Sure, if they wish!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 04:27 pm
I wish not to expose my ignorance in English language.
my view2s are based on non-vilence but critical.
Iraq's citizens are coward of the first water to allow these uninvited invaders to shape their life.
Those uninvited invaders are notorious for their behaviour.
Of course they had butchered a criminal( Sadam ). why the hell the bedfellows of Sadam are still there?
For what reason?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:30 pm
Iraq demands "very clear" U.S. troop timeline (Reuters)
- Yahoo! News: Most Viewed - Top Stories - 10 hours ago

Reuters - The United States must provide a "very clear timeline" to withdraw its troops from Iraq as part of an agreement allowing them to stay beyond this year, Iraqi Foreign Minister
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:43 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Iraq demands "very clear" U.S. troop timeline (Reuters)
- Yahoo! News: Most Viewed - Top Stories - 10 hours ago

Reuters - The United States must provide a "very clear timeline" to withdraw its troops from Iraq as part of an agreement allowing them to stay beyond this year, Iraqi Foreign Minister

EXCELLENT!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 02:13 am
What is the odd one out?

fool
idiot
numpty
dunderhead
klutz
Ican

answer: there is no odd one out. They are all the same.
0 Replies