THE US, THE UN AND IRAQ, ELEVENTH THREAD

ican711nm

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:35 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

You [ican] are a total, helpless, ignoramus. None of us will try to stop you.

This like your previous silly slanders is absent reasoned rebuttals, and comprises significant evidence that your perception of the real world doesn't exist.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:38 am
ican, I just call a spade a spade; no rebuttals needed to show your world consists of fear and BS.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:45 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican, I just call a spade a spade; no rebuttals needed to show your world consists of fear and BS.

This like your previous silly slanders is absent reasoned rebuttals, and comprises significant evidence that your perception of the real world doesn't exist.

By the way, I call a spade a shovel.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:46 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

Isnt that a racist term?
Wheres teeny and her ranting when you need it.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:50 am
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Isnt that a racist term?
Laughing
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 06:07 am
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Isnt that a racist term?

Quote:
5. call a spade a spade, to call something by its real name; be candidly explicit; speak plainly or bluntly: To call a spade a spade, he's a crook.

source
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 06:30 am
revel wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Isnt that a racist term?

Quote:
5. call a spade a spade, to call something by its real name; be candidly explicit; speak plainly or bluntly: To call a spade a spade, he's a crook.

source

I guess you missed the sarcasm.
I know what it means, but "spade" used to be used as a racial term.I dont kow if it still is or not.

And there are some people here on A2K that look at everything anybody says to see if its racial or not, if it could be racial or not, or even if the person MIGHT have been making a racial remark or not.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:07 am
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

A shovel is a very different thing from a spade. Well, quite different, anyway.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 08:28 am
Getting back to thread

Iraq bomb blast kills 21

Quote:
BAGHDAD -- A car bomb ripped through a crowded market Friday in the northern city of Tall Afar, killing at least 21 people and wounding 70, police said.

The attack was a pointed reminder of the danger still posed by Sunni Arab militants despite a nationwide decline in violence.

Sadr promises to disband militia if U.S. sets Iraq withdrawal date

Quote:

overall political violence

[from an anti-war site; but has links embedded]
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:22 am
McTag wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Laughing
McTag, what do you think is the difference between a spade and a shovel?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 11:12 am
ican711nm wrote:
McTag wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Laughing
McTag, what do you think is the difference between a spade and a shovel?

http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2003/03/20/grw104_1b_w190.jpg

http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2003/03/20/grw104_1a_w190.jpg

Quote:
Every gardener knows the importance of using the right tool for the right job. Without the proper tools, you could spend longer than needed on certain chores or you could suffer strained muscles from working at awkward angles. Let's take a look at the difference between a shovel and a spade, just to be sure you choose the right dirt-digging tool...
A shovel has what's called a lift, or "gooseneck," right behind the blade. The gooseneck is designed to lift the handle of the shovel at an angle so that when the blade is laid on the ground, the end of the handle hits somewhere between your knee and the top of your thigh.

Shovels are made for digging dirt and moving it to another place. When buying a shovel, take the time to find one whose lift and handle length are comfortable for you.

Unlike a shovel, a spade has no lift. Instead, when the tool is laid on the ground, the handle lies flat rather than rising to mid-thigh. Spades are meant for working the soil--prying and loosening dirt--not moving it.

source
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 11:46 am
I use my shovel as the spade too! Our soil here is almost like cement-clay, and I use a pick ax to dig when the soil is dry.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 12:00 pm
I STAND CORRECTED! Shocked
Quote:

http://unabridged.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/unabridged?va=shovel&x=22&y=9
Main Entry: 1shov·el
Function: noun
1 a : a hand implement consisting of a broad scoop or a more or less hollowed out blade with a handle used to lift and throw material (as earth, coal, grain) b : a working part in an implement or machine resembling a shovel in shape or use: as (1) : a working point in a cultivator (2) : the share of a shovel plow -- compare TWISTED SHOVEL (3) : SPADE c : an excavating machine

Quote:

http://unabridged.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/unabridged?va=spade&x=36&y=8
Main Entry: 1spade
Function: noun
1 a : an implement for turning soil resembling a shovel, adapted for being pushed into the ground with the foot and having a heavy, usually flat and oblong blade b (1) : the depth a spade reaches in digging <ditches> (2) : the total length of a spade

Laughing
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:15 pm
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:20 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I use my shovel as the spade too! Our soil here is almost like cement-clay, and I use a pick ax to dig when the soil is dry.

My wife just bought a thing that attaches to the end of a power drill, and is great for breaking up the soil and works like a small tiller for flower gardens and small areas.
I dont know what its called, she works in the garden and I take care of the rest of the yard.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:22 pm
"what happen' ? " - have i landed in the gardening thread ?
let me tell you of my garden work this morning ... ...
it's been a pleasure to participate !
hbg
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:24 pm
I will stick to the topic instead of engaging in personal life.

"As long as war is a parade with flags and bands and bumper stickers, it doesn't seem so bad. On the field of battle, strewn with body parts, excrement, blood and the smell of burnt flesh, it becomes a pretty hard sell for the military public-relations types.

The human species being what it is, pacifism is suicide, but every single American should be against war except as the last extreme resort. Getting rid of Saddam Hussein was not worth 4,000 American dead and another 29,000 wounded. He had no weapons of mass destruction, and he was definitely not an imminent threat to the United States. The Iraq War is one for which George W. Bush and Dick Cheney should not be forgiven. There was no excuse for ordering it. The American troops didn't die for freedom; they died because Bush didn't like Saddam or because the American Establishment wants permanent military bases on a big pool of oil.

I've noticed one thing about all the dead bodies I've seen: It's obvious the person who once inhabited the body is no longer there. It's a good argument that there is such a thing as a soul. Whatever the mystery of life is, you can tell when it departs by the change in the appearance of what's left behind. "

------------ Charley Reese------------------
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:36 pm
Journalist Ron Suskind's revelation that Saddam Hussein's intelligence chief was a prewar intelligence source reporting to the British that Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction (WMD) adds yet another dimension to the systematic effort by then Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director George Tenet to quash any evidence - no matter how credible - that conflicted with the George W. Bush administration's propaganda line that Saddam was actively pursuing a nuclear weapons program.

Tenet - who was a political operator rather than an intelligence professional - had betrayed the CIA's mission of providing objective analysis, instead choosing to serve the interests of the Bush administration in preparing the way for war. It is not difficult to imagine how he would have meekly carried out whatever was asked of him by the White House - even forging a document and leaking it to the media, to buttress the administration's case for war. "

http://www.antiwar.com/porter/?articleid=13273
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:45 pm
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

My wife just bought a thing that attaches to the end of a power drill, and is great for breaking up the soil and works like a small tiller for flower gardens and small areas.
I dont know what its called, she works in the garden and I take care of the rest of the yard.

I've seen those instruments advertised on tv.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:47 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

I've seen those instruments advertised on tv.

Yea, she got it off of TV.
But surprisingly, it actually does what it advertises.

I wouldnt use it to plow a field, but for turning over or weeding a flower garden it works great.
0 Replies