revel

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 06:13 am
Powerful Iraqi cleric flirting with Shiite militant message

Quote:

Juan Cole has more to say on the situation with links
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 10:05 am

If it were no longer permissible for any Sunni, Shiite, and al-Qaeda persons to mass murder the non-murderers among them and they all also complied with that ruling, it would be time for all the "U.S.-led foreign troops" to leave Iraq.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 12:04 pm
ican711nm wrote:

If it were no longer permissible for any Sunni, Shiite, and al-Qaeda persons to mass murder the non-murderers among them and they all also complied with that ruling, it would be time for all the "U.S.-led foreign troops" to leave Iraq.

You forgot to mention the Kurds, they "mass muder the non muderers" of Turkey. By the time all sects in Iraq quit mudering each other and we quit bombing everybody we currently are on the outs with; there will not be enough people left alive to care if we stay or leave.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:25 pm
Lawmakers loyal to al-Sadr denounce Iraqi gov't

Quote:
BAGHDAD - Lawmakers loyal to anti-U.S. cleric Muqtada al-Sadr accused the Iraqi government of trying to crush the movement and warned Saturday of "black clouds" on the horizon for truces that have eased fighting between al-Sadr's militia and security forces.

The Sadrist Movement has heightened its rhetoric against the government in recent days, raising concerns over the cease-fires in the southern city of Basra and Baghdad's Sadr City district, the stronghold of al-Sadr's Mahdi Army militia.

These that discontent now have persmission from Cleric Sistani (I know he is on the other side of Shiite/Shiite dispute; be he still have a lot of influence with most all Shiites) I am not sure Sadr can stop them despite the so called truce.

I didn't think it was a good idea to go after Sadrist's military because it would end up backfiring causing more harm than any precived good that could have resulted from it.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:57 pm
This is interesting!!

Democrats 2006: Vote for us, and we can end the Iraq war. Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D-PA) 2007: "That wasn't true. But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress, we sort of stretched the facts... and people ate it up.

http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=3623756

So we have a dem admitting they lied?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 12:03 pm
revel wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

You forgot to mention the Kurds, they "mass muder the non muderers" of Turkey. By the time all sects in Iraq quit mudering each other and we quit bombing everybody we currently are on the outs with; there will not be enough people left alive to care if we stay or leave.

I didn't forget the gangster Kurds. I didn't mention them because the US is not involved in curtailing their attacks on the Turks. The Kurd government and the Turkish government are so far doing a pretty good job cutting down the magnitude of the gangster Kurd terrorism against the Turks.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:16 am
ican711nm wrote:
revel wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

I didn't forget the gangster Kurds. I didn't mention them because the US is not involved in curtailing their attacks on the Turks. The Kurd government and the Turkish government are so far doing a pretty good job cutting down the magnitude of the gangster Kurd terrorism against the Turks.

In other words, let the Kurds alone from at US standpoint but murder "the murders of non murders "of Iraq until everybody is dead or marginalized and/or oppressed except the Kurds and a few loyal Iraqi US supporters.

I don't think the Iraqis are going to stand for a long term presence despite Maliki and Crorcker trying to work out a deal for it. Regardless of your toothless edicts of "staying until all murdering...." Too many influential figures inside Iraq do not want it and they have say over Maliki because they control the people.

The reason I keep fighting this kind of a thing is not because I am just a "blame America first crowd" never even heard of it before coming here. But I just object to taking over another country whether we have good intentions (which I don't believe we do) or not and that is how I have seen this effort all along.

Meanwhile Bush keeps naming this effort as some kind of fight for our freedom worth all cost which is such a smear job. Our freedom was never at risk from Iraq in the first place. The cost is upwards 4000 more than the cost of 9/11 which was never connected to Iraq either.

Go ahead and post all those repeated debunked cut and paste rebuttal post you usually do; my statements stands. Our freedom was never at risk excpet as a propaghanda tool for the bush administration and it parrot supporters. I don't care what democrats in congress said before the war they were and are wrong as subsequent reports have proven.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 10:12 am
revel wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
revel wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

In other words, let the Kurds alone from at US standpoint but murder "the murderers of non murders "of Iraq until everybody is dead or marginalized and/or oppressed except the Kurds and a few loyal Iraqi US supporters.

I don't think the Iraqis are going to stand for a long term presence despite Maliki and Crorcker trying to work out a deal for it. Regardless of your toothless edicts of "staying until all murdering...." Too many influential figures inside Iraq do not want it and they have say over Maliki because they control the people.

The reason I keep fighting this kind of a thing is not because I am just a "blame America first crowd" never even heard of it before coming here. But I just object to taking over another country whether we have good intentions (which I don't believe we do) or not and that is how I have seen this effort all along.

Meanwhile Bush keeps naming this effort as some kind of fight for our freedom worth all cost which is such a smear job. Our freedom was never at risk from Iraq in the first place. The cost is upwards 4000 more than the cost of 9/11 which was never connected to Iraq either.

Go ahead and post all those repeated debunked cut and paste rebuttal post you usually do; my statements stands. Our freedom was never at risk excpet as a propaghanda tool for the bush administration and it parrot supporters. I don't care what democrats in congress said before the war they were and are wrong as subsequent reports have proven.

Laughing Hysterical! Laughing

Revel, this statement of yours, even after my editing, is the most hysterical:
"In other words, let the Kurds alone from the US standpoint but murder "the murderERs of non-murderERs "of Iraq until everybody is dead or marginalized and/or oppressed except the Kurds and a few loyal Iraqi US supporters."

This false interpretation of my words by you logically implies that you think almost all the Iraqi people are actual or would be murderERs of non-murderERs .

I disagree.

I think only a small minority of the people in Iraq are the murderERs of non-murderERs , and once exterminated, the Iraqi people will flourish.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 10:30 am
luckily for Iraqis, Ican, you are not the judge of who is murder and who is not. Neither are US (current administration; of which I hope the attitude changes) though we take it upon ourselves to be world's judge and executioner.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 10:49 am
revel wrote:
luckily for Iraqis, Ican, you are not the judge of who is murder and who is not. Neither are US (current administration; of which I hope the attitude changes) though we take it upon ourselves to be world's judge and executioner.

Luckily for Iraqis, Revel, you are not the judge of whether or not the Iraqis want the US to continue helping them murder the murderers of non-murderers among them.

Also, the Iraqis appear increasingly capable of determining who are the the murderers of non-murderers in Iraq. Maybe they decide on the basis of who shoots or bombs them.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 12:20 pm
ican711nm wrote:
revel wrote:

Luckily for Iraqis, Revel, you are not the judge of whether or not the Iraqis want the US to continue helping them murder the murderers of non-murderers among them.

Also, the Iraqis appear increasingly capable of determining who are the the murderers of non-murderers in Iraq. Maybe they decide on the basis of who shoots or bombs them.

No; I am not, but the people of Iraqis are and they are opposed to a long term presence and they have expressed disapproval (except the Sunnis who benefited from and Maliki who does anything Bush wants) of the recent bombings of the Sadrist because so many civilians were killed and their towns and cities were further destroyed. All of the people from all sects do not want a long term presence in Iraq which is why Maliki is so afraid of an election in his own country hence going after the Sadrist and most likely is worried about who gets elected in our country. When you have the most influential cleric in Iraq who up to the point has pretty cooperative of the US expressing the sentiments of which he has of late (he disaproved of using the military against them and against a long term presence in Iraq); it is a pretty good indication of the mood of the country either is or will go.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:39 pm
revel wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
revel wrote:

No; I am not, but the people of Iraqis are and they are opposed to a long term presence and they have expressed disapproval (except the Sunnis who benefited from and Maliki who does anything Bush wants) of the recent bombings of the Sadrist because so many civilians were killed and their towns and cities were further destroyed. All of the people from all sects do not want a long term presence in Iraq which is why Maliki is so afraid of an election in his own country hence going after the Sadrist and most likely is worried about who gets elected in our country. When you have the most influential cleric in Iraq who up to the point has pretty cooperative of the US expressing the sentiments of which he has of late (he disaproved of using the military against them and against a long term presence in Iraq); it is a pretty good indication of the mood of the country either is or will go.

I don't want a long time presence of the US in Iraq either. I want the Iraqis to ask us to leave as soon as they conclude they will be better off with us gone than with us staying. The sooner they conclude that the better.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:28 pm
from a blog of the AMERICAN FRIENDS SERVICE COMMITTEE (aka QUAKERS) in december 2005 :

10 Reasons Why the U.S. Must Leave Iraq

read the blog here :

AFSC
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 04:44 pm
hamburger wrote:
from a blog of the AMERICAN FRIENDS SERVICE COMMITTEE (aka QUAKERS) in december 2005 :

read the blog here :

AFSC

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The human cost of war is unacceptable.
The U.S. occupation is a catalyst for violence.
U.S. actions inflame divisions and the chance of civil war.
Iraqis want the United States to leave now.
Democracy cannot flourish under an occupation.
The United States has failed to rebuild Iraq or provide for Iraqis' basic needs.
The Iraq war and occupation waste resources needed for U.S. domestic programs.
The U.S. occupation of Iraq destabilizes the Middle East.
Humanitarian aid is crippled by the occupation.
The global community wants the war and occupation to end now.
December 2005

REBUTTAL

The human cost of war is unacceptable.
The human cost of allowing mass murderers of non-murderers to continue their mass murdering is intolerable.

The U.S. occupation is a catalyst for violence.
Much, much more violence occurred before the US invasion of Iraq than occurred after.

U.S. actions inflame divisions and the chance of civil war.
It does not look that way any longer.

Iraqis want the United States to leave now.
Iraqis do not want the US to leave until they can protect themselves against the mass murderers of non-murderers in their midst without US help.

Democracy cannot flourish under an occupation.
Democracy cannot flourish under continual attacks by mass murderers of non-murderers in its midst.

The United States has failed to rebuild Iraq or provide for Iraqis' basic needs.
The United States has continued to make progress rebuilding Iraq and providing for the basic needs of Iraqis despite attacks by mass murderers of non-murderers in Iraq's midst.

The Iraq war and occupation waste resources needed for U.S. domestic programs.
Investing resources in exterminating mass murderers of non-murderers is not a waste of resources.

The U.S. occupation of Iraq destabilizes the Middle East.
The Middle East was far more destabilized before the US invaded Iraq than after.

Humanitarian aid is crippled by the occupation.
Humanitarian aid is limited by the mass murderers of non-murderers in Iraq.

The global community wants the war and occupation to end now.
The global community wants the existence of mass murderers of non-murderers to be ended now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:07 am
For those who still thinks Bush didn't lie or provided erroneous information to the American public about his invastion of Iraq, read the following article by an insider. We know this won't change your mind, but it says a whole lot about those who refuse to acknowledge that Bush is not only dangerous to the world at large, but to all Americans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_mcclellan_book_14
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:23 am
Disgruntled, ex-employee turned book salesman. Enough said.

(Hey, he calls Bush, "smart." Still trust his judgment, c.i.?)
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:26 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
For those who still thinks Bush didn't lie or provided erroneous information to the American public about his invastion of Iraq, read the following article by an insider. We know this won't change your mind, but it says a whole lot about those who refuse to acknowledge that Bush is not only dangerous to the world at large, but to all Americans.

Quote:
"Scott, we now know, is disgruntled about his experience at the White House," she said. "For those of us who fully supported him, before, during and after he was press secretary, we are puzzled. It is sad - this is not the Scott we knew."

I conclude Bush did not lie: that is, did not knowingly provide erroneous information to the American public about his invastion of Iraq; but Bush did unknowingly provide erroneous information to the American public about his invastion of Iraq.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:35 am
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
"Scott, we now know, is disgruntled about his experience at the White House," she said. "For those of us who fully supported him, before, during and after he was press secretary, we are puzzled. It is sad - this is not the Scott we knew."

I conclude Bush did not lie: that is, did not knowingly provide erroneous information to the American public about his invastion of Iraq; but Bush did unknowingly provide erroneous information to the American public about his invastion of Iraq.

Proven once again that ican never learns to acknowledge truth when he sees it. What has "disgruntal" have to do with truth? Strawman through and through.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 09:53 am
"Disgruntled" may have everything to do with the truth. Disgruntled people often have an agenda, as do people trying to sell books they've authored -- and "truth" isn't usually at the top of said agendas.

(And would one of you tell me what the hell an "invastion" is?)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 01:20 pm
Supposedly everybody in the Bush administration who has come out and spoken against them are "disgruntled." Rolling Eyes
0 Replies