THE US, THE UN AND IRAQ, ELEVENTH THREAD

hamburger

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 02:54 pm
Quote:
Slang.
Exaggerated or foolish talk, usually intended to deceive: "snookered by a lot of malarkey" (New Republic).

note to c.i. :
be advised that "false" is to be replaced by "malarkey" !
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:00 pm
hamburger wrote:
ican wrote :

Quote:
Sorosaisms are responsible for all the malarkey presented about the troubles in Iraq by much of the news media.

better listen up , EVERYBODY !

repeat after me :

WE (that's the royal "we" :wink: ) DO NOT WANT TO READ ANY POSTS ABOUT TROUBLES IN IRAQ !
THOSE POSTS ARE ALL MALARKEY !

signed : XXX

Shocked Do YOU really think that?

CORRECTION
ican711nm wrote:
]Sorosaisms are responsible for MUCH OF the malarkey presented about the troubles in Iraq by much of the news media.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:03 pm
ican711nm wrote:
]Sorosaisms are responsible for MUCH OF the malarkey presented about the troubles in Iraq by much of the news media.

Prove this claim?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:10 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
No matter which news media reports the bad news from Iraq, they are all false!

Not all bad news about Iraq is sorosaisms.

Not all good news about Iraq is icanisms.

Much false bad news about Iraq is sorosaisms.

Some true good news about Iraq is icanisms.

ican711nm wrote:
Sorosaisms are responsible for much of the malarkey presented by much of the news media about the problems in Iraq.

USA invaded Iraq for its oil.

USA's invasion of Iraq was illegal.

One in four homeless are veterans.

USA's invasion of Iraq ruined USA's image.

Al-Qaeda in Iraq is not part of the al-Qaeda confederation.

USA's no-fly zone over northeastern Iraq protected al-Qaeda in Iraq.

A total of 655,000 Iraqis died by violence March 2003 thru June 2006.

USA's occupation of Iraq causes al-Qaeda to mass murder Iraqi civilian non-murderers.

A majority of it's legal voters want the USA to remove its troops from Iraq as soon as possible.

USA's occupation of Iraq causes Iraqi insurrectionists to mass murder Iraqi civilian non-murderers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:11 pm
ican, YOu used "much of," so please provide proof for this claim?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:16 pm
ican wrote :

Quote:
CORRECTION
ican711nm wrote:

reminds me of playing "hot and cold" as kids .
it seems to me that ican is at least getting "luke warm " .
if memory is not deceiving me - and at my age it might very well - we have had some "conversions" right here on a2k .
one should never give up hope Very Happy
hbg
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Prove this claim?

I already did provide substantial evidence.

Prove I did not already provide substantial evidence. Laughing

CORRECTION

PROVIDE SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE THAT I did not already provide substantial evidence. Laughing
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:34 pm
Quote:

http://www.m-w.com
Main Entry:
ma•lar•key
Variant(s):
also ma•lar•ky \mə-ˈlär-kē\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
origin unknown
Date:
: insincere or foolish talk : BUNKUM

For much of something to be malarkey, I think more than 10% of it would have to be malarkey.
However, in the case of the malarkey about Iraq, I think at least 50% of the news media malarkey about Iraq is sorosaisms.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:37 pm
Quote:

Main Entry:
bun•kum
Variant(s):
or bun•combe \ˈbəŋ-kəm\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Buncombe county, North Carolina; from a remark made by its congressman, who defended an irrelevant speech by claiming that he was speaking to Buncombe
Date:
: insincere or foolish talk : NONSENSE
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:44 pm
Quote:

Main Entry:
1non•sense
Pronunciation:
\ˈnän-ˌsen(t)s, ˈnän(t)-sən(t)s\
Function:
noun
Date:
1 a: words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas b (1): language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good sense (2): an instance of absurd action2 a: things of no importance or value : TRIFLES b: affected or impudent conduct <took>3: genetic information consisting of one or more codons that do not code for any amino acid and usually cause termination of the molecular chain in protein synthesis
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 03:49 pm
You mean these?

ican711nm wrote:
Sorosaisms are responsible for much of the malarkey presented by much of the news media about the problems in Iraq.

Nonsense aside, the sands of Iraq hold oil... lots of it. According to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), "Iraq holds more than 112 billion barrels of oil - the world's second largest proven reserves. Iraq also contains 110 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, and is a focal point for regional and international security issues."
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aairaqioil.htm

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan
Ewen MacAskill and Julian Borger in Washington
Thursday September 16, 2004
The Guardian
The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

Study: 1 Out of 4 Homeless Are Veterans
By KIMBERLY HEFLING
The Associated Press
Thursday, November 8, 2007; 10:47 AM

Washington Post

Thursday, 1 November 2007
Bush's US image adviser resigns

The woman in charge of improving the image of the US around the world has announced she will resign.
Hughes, who was sworn in as undersecretary of state for public diplomacy in September 2005, had sought to combat negative opinions about the US following the March 2003 invasion of Iraq and its chaotic aftermath.Hughes said: "I feel that I have done what Secretary Rice and President Bush asked of me by transforming public diplomacy and making it a national security priority."
Hughes had been close to Bush since before he entered politics by running for governor of Texas in 1994. Al Jazeera.net

Other ican statements to be answered later.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:20 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
You mean these?

ican711nm wrote:

Nonsense aside, the sands of Iraq hold oil... lots of it. According to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), "Iraq holds more than 112 billion barrels of oil - the world's second largest proven reserves. Iraq also contains 110 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, and is a focal point for regional and international security issues."
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aairaqioil.htm

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan
Ewen MacAskill and Julian Borger in Washington
Thursday September 16, 2004
The Guardian
The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

Study: 1 Out of 4 Homeless Are Veterans
By KIMBERLY HEFLING
The Associated Press
Thursday, November 8, 2007; 10:47 AM

Washington Post

Thursday, 1 November 2007
Bush's US image adviser resigns

The woman in charge of improving the image of the US around the world has announced she will resign.
Hughes, who was sworn in as undersecretary of state for public diplomacy in September 2005, had sought to combat negative opinions about the US following the March 2003 invasion of Iraq and its chaotic aftermath.Hughes said: "I feel that I have done what Secretary Rice and President Bush asked of me by transforming public diplomacy and making it a national security priority."
Hughes had been close to Bush since before he entered politics by running for governor of Texas in 1994. Al Jazeera.net

Other ican statements to be answered later.

The last three of the above claims in red do not constitute evidence that they are anything other than malarkey. These are merely often repeated repetitions of MoveOn.org et al claims; thus, they are all sorosaism malarkey.

The first claim above in red is not evidence that: the USA invaded Iraq for its oil. It is merely a statement of an alleged geological fact.

To show that the USA invaded Iraq for its oil. you must provide evidence that the USA stole Iraq's oil--or is stealing it--or bought it--or is buying it--for less than its prevailing market price.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:26 pm
Since the first post on Iraq oil was too spacial for you, read the following from the BBC. (Owned and operated by Soros.)

Secret US plans for Iraq's oil

By Greg Palast
Reporting for Newsnight

The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:30 pm
TRY AGAIN!

ican711nm wrote:
Not all bad news about Iraq is sorosaisms.

Not all good news about Iraq is icanisms.

Much false bad news about Iraq is sorosaisms.

Some true good news about Iraq is icanisms.

ican711nm wrote:

I have already provided substantial evidence that each of the following are examples of sorosaism malarkey:

One in four homeless is a veteran.

Al-Qaeda in Iraq is not part of the al-Qaeda confederation.

USA's no-fly zone over northeastern Iraq protected al-Qaeda in Iraq.

A total of 655,000 Iraqis died by violence March 2003 thru June 2006.

USA's occupation of Iraq causes al-Qaeda to mass murder Iraqi civilian non-murderers.

A majority of it's legal voters want the USA to remove its troops from Iraq as soon as possible.

USA's occupation of Iraq causes Iraqi insurrectionists to mass murder Iraqi civilian non-murderers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:30 pm
I'm not sure, but this company might be owned by Soros.

Published on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
The US Invasion of Iraq: The Military Side of Globalization?
by Stephen Zunes

With the major justifications for the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq -- the former regime's supposed possession of weapons of mass destruction and ties to the terrorist Al-Qaeda network -- now discredited, and claims of wanting to created a democratic Iraq highly dubious, this raises the question as to what actually motivated the United States to take on the problematic task of conquering and rebuilding that country.
To embrace the simplistic notion that it was done simply for the sake of the profits of American oil companies ignores the fact that even the most optimistic early projections of the financial costs of the invasion and occupation far exceed any additional profits that could have been reaped in the foreseeable future. Furthermore, Saddam Hussein was certainly willing to sell his oil at a reasonable enough price to satisfy Western buyers and his standing among fellow OPEC members was too low at that point to have wielded sufficient influence to successfully push the cartel to adopt policies detrimental to American interests.

This is not to say, however, that economic factors did not play an important role in prompting a U.S. invasion.

It's for you to challenge what they claim with your own first-hand "investigation/evidence."
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:39 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Since the first post on Iraq oil was too spacial for you, read the following from the BBC. (Owned and operated by Soros.)

Secret US plans for Iraq's oil

By Greg Palast
Reporting for Newsnight

The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.

Yes, BBC's Newsnight is influenced by sorosaisms. BBC's various organs have printed almost as much malarkey about the Iraq war as has the sorosaist MoveOn.org.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:46 pm
ican711nm wrote:
BBC's various organs have printed almost as much malarkey about the Iraq war as has the sorosaist MoveOn.org.

Well, maybe MoveOn.org is influenced by the BBC....
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:53 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I'm not sure, but this company might be owned by Soros.

Published on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
The US Invasion of Iraq: The Military Side of Globalization?
by Stephen Zunes

With the major justifications for the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq -- the former regime's supposed possession of weapons of mass destruction and ties to the terrorist Al-Qaeda network -- now discredited[AGREED, BUT TIES OR NO TIES, AL-QAEDA WAS IN NORTHEASTERN IRAQ FOR MORE THAN A YEAR PRIOR TO OUR INVASION], and claims of wanting to created a democratic Iraq highly dubious[DISAGREE, THAT'S BEEN SUBSTANTIATED SINCE THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN.], this raises the question as to what actually motivated the United States to take on the problematic task of conquering and rebuilding that country.
To embrace the simplistic notion that it was done simply for the sake of the profits of American oil companies ignores the fact that even the most optimistic early projections of the financial costs of the invasion and occupation far exceed any additional profits that could have been reaped in the foreseeable future[AGEED]. Furthermore, Saddam Hussein was certainly willing to sell his oil at a reasonable enough price to satisfy Western buyers and his standing among fellow OPEC members was too low at that point to have wielded sufficient influence to successfully push the cartel to adopt policies detrimental to American interests.[AGREED]

This is not to say, however, that economic factors did not play an important role in prompting a U.S. invasion.[AGREED; NOR IS IT TO SAY THAT ECONOMIC FACTORS DID PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN PROMPTING THE US INVASION]

It's for you to challenge what they claim with your own first-hand "investigation/evidence."

What remains to be challenged? I disagreed with only one thing. We now know one of the goals of the US in Iraq is to help the Iraqis establish a democracy capable, without USA help, of protecting itself against internal and external mass murderers. I have no evidence that goal did not exist prior to the invasion.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:55 pm
old europe wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
BBC's various organs have printed almost as much malarkey about the Iraq war as has the sorosaist MoveOn.org.

Well, maybe MoveOn.org is influenced by the BBC....

Perhaps! Maybe not!

I'll be back later!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:41 am
Quote:
I'll be back later!

We wait with breathless anticipation; after all what in the world would we have to discuss in this thread without you?

You are a troll and we are enablers.

http://curezone.com/forums/images/troll.jpg

He may not have the malicious intent of a true troll but in the end he has the same effect on this thread and we all just keep egging him on by responding to his ridiculous repetitive for the week(s) posts.
0 Replies