cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Was happy to see your succinct and to the point post on "Is it possible for a person to have no beliefs at all?"

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Enough muddle headedness, I say.
spendius

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 01:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you wish to close A2K down ed?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 01:51 pm
@spendius,
I didn't mean to treat you so bad. You shouldn't take it personal. I didn't mean to make you so sad. You just happened to be there that's all.
I never really meant to do you any harm.
spendius

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 01:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
It never entered my head ed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 02:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Very Happy
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 02:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey ed--have you read The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists. With the sort 0f work you do you might find it amusing. It's a classic.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 03:04 pm
@spendius,
I had no notion it exists, spendi.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:22 am
1040a. Pure insanity in the local news lately. Woman shoots new mother in front of pediatric office and runs off with the baby; paraplegic leads cops on high speed chase; handicapped man goads cops into killing him; hit and runs; man on plane tries to ram the pilot's door with the serving cart; cops arrested for corruption; teachers sleeping with students. Where is Batman when you need him?
1041a. When you walk through a storm - Whadda ya thinkin? Get the hell outta there before you get struck by lightning.
1042a. Thinking about rereading Phillip Wylie's The Magic Animal.
1043a. Finally got back to serious writing last night.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:26 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I had no notion it exists, spendi.

Shame on your teachers.

It will be online I should think.

I don't read books on line. My eyes go all funny like after a few minutes.

The book will be cheap enough secondhand. The author actually was engaged in house repair and renovation and felt he had to be to keep his daughter out of the workhouse. She saved the manuscript from being burned after 3 publishers had rejected it. She organised publication 3 years after the author's death after keeping it under her bed in the interval.

I wonder what her motive was. I know I didn't oughta raise such questions but one has to be scientific at times. Like Yossarian.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:43 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I wonder what her motive was. I know I didn't oughta raise such questions but one has to be scientific at times. Like Yossarian.

Yossarian was scientific??? When? How?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:46 pm
I have taken a cursory look at the book's history and a bit at the content. While I sympathize with the author, according to that peep, I may or may not decide to read it. My sphere of interest in what I am currently writing is more a protest against the stifling of an individual's spirit than criticism of political society at large.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 05:44 am
1044a. Yesterday began innocently enough. Then I went to work on a floor that had been scheduled for new carpet and floor planks. Our upstairs were built of phony plywood that's too thin, overlayed with an aggregate that pours like concrete, all laid down across truss joists stood and stationed on two foot centers. After 29 years, where the joints of the subfloor meet, the aggregate has disintegrated. My job: pull up the tile and carpet and dig out bad aggregate and make the joints smooth and strong again. The available ready mix concrete bags I had to use weigh eighty pounds. I had to carry two of them up the stairs. But I had it done by 12:30. Then I met my wife in HEB to do some mid week shopping. Then I began preparing the water to bathe Punky the dog. As the water heated on the stove, I finally sat in my easy chair and quickly fell asleep. Later, with the bath in the can, I spent a bit of time on line. Too soon, it was time for our walk in the park. The ducks and geese were particularly feisty. The geese no longer allow the ducks near the feeding area and they attempt to chase away approaching joggers. So we feed them first and then move around the lake for the ducks. One mallard chases all the other males around, because he wants the females to himself, which makes the feeding an ordeal. For dinner I had some frozen sirloin beef to contend with. In spare minutes I made plans for screening the porch with solar screen. It's more of a privacy issue than otherwise. The people are in force across the street, refurbishing the old place and doing a good job of it. But, if I keep the front door open to allow air through the screen, they can see into the house. Every time I pass on the way to the kitchen our gazes meet. Solar screen will obscure the view, as well as break the late afternoon sun. So, finally, like tinbad the tailer, ninbad the nailer and whinbad the whaler, I finally got to rest. But, we had to watch an episode of Family Guy from that vantage point before our final loss of consciousness.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 08:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Wait wait! Did you carry 80-lb bags on your shoulder up a ladder or stairs?
spendius

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 08:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Sheesh! American jobbing builders have it easy.

A very amusing essay ed. Getting two bags of RMC up the stairs by 12:30 is the only imposition interrupting what seems to be a bit of a joy-ride.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:06 am
@Ragman,
Yea, edgar, did you "really" carry those 80-lb bags upstairs? Remind me never to have a physical battle with you! Mr. Green
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
Edgar is not only super smart, he's also very strong. I'm waiting for Edgar to learn to flap his arms and fly up the stairs instead of having to lift.

BBB

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:29 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Smarts was never a question about edgar. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
Thinking and hoping that Edgar might have used a dolly (not Madison ). Still is quite a feat even for a man half of his years. Laughing
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:56 am
@Ragman,
You got that Dolly right! Madison is so sweet and gentle. Dolly is also sweet and gentle, but she can nearly always be faster.

BBB
0 Replies