How much of Idealization/infatuation is true and what’s not?

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 10:13 am
I have always wanted to know how much of the perception of a person that we are obsessed infatuated with is real or is this all a product of idealization?

For example: my good guy friend started anew job and he is going mad crazy about a girl working there too, he showed me some pucs of her and she is pretty, but nothing different or out of this world like he says she is, he mentions how an amazing body she has, She has a normal slim fit body but not curvy like he portrays her to have ( Imo).

So how can you tell what he is saying is actually true and it’s not simply a side effect of idealizing/ infatuating with someone or part of his imagination!🤔

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,759 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 02:48 pm
@jenny-00,
Everyone has a different perspective of what is beautiful - to him this woman is likely to be beautiful whereas you see something different. So yes his perception is actually true to him.
jenny-00

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 03:21 pm
@Linkat,
Yeah, I was thinking sometimes it is not idealization/infatuation but that the other person really is beautiful in real life or at least to his eyes
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 05:21 am
@jenny-00,
Why would you care that he is attracted to a co-worker unless you’re jealous?
0 Replies

hester831

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 08:38 pm
@jenny-00,
I used to have this infatuation type thing going when I was 14-16. I don't know what was true because I never found out about it. But there are objective standards which have to due with health for reproduction, i.e. can she survive pregnancy? A lot is subconscious stuff not to get all Freudian armchair psycho. here but love loves what love lacks.

Why is your friend showing you pics of another girl?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2021 06:09 am
@jenny-00,
You’ve been posting this same issue for years. Several people have answered you. What answers are you looking for? It seems clear that you have some jealousy issues behind this.
0 Replies