edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 07:34 am
@demonhunter,
Somebody is seriously on drugs. Get help, dude.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 05:46 am
1003a. The new lead man will be on the job today. His first day, he followed my lead and was not assertive. As he becomes acclimated, I will consult but not lead.
1004a. They are touting a cold glue for A/C lines. I tried some a week ago, but did not trust that a good fit could be had inside the evaporator cabinet and brazed it instead.
1005a. I finally set up an outdoor system to bathe Punky the dog. Since we put in the new shower, she just could not fit in the bathroom without tearing up something. I bought a garbage can and put a faucet with hose on the bottom. Then I set it up on the end of the porch and filled it with water. I experimented with letting the sun warm it, but finally had to add a few pots of boiling water. I laid down a half sheet of plywood to keep the dog off the ground. She was very docile, accepting the bath. I believe she welcomed getting clean. I used a shampoo gotten from the last vet visit. Very mild, even recommended for weekly use.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 05:33 am
1006a. More rain today. By the time the summer dog days arrive, we ought to be in a state of non or only semi drought for the season.
1007a. History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awaken - Stephen Dedalus, Ulysses
1008a. Today, when I look at some favorite comics, mostly on Yahoo, I think the quality of comics has declined. But, I sit and ponder longer. Then I begin to recall that the main run of comics back then were as innocuous as the ones appearing today. In the forties and fifties, as now, mediocrity was the norm. Just a handful of truly brilliant strips were out there. Beetle Baily and Blondie were running the same gags we can see today. The ratio of good strips to bad is probably still the same.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 05:41 am
1009a. I like the notion of a band created by the sons of the Beatles. The big question for me is, if they have not gotten close in all these years, can they successfully bond now? No way I expect they can write as well as Lennon/McCartney.
1010a. Loud thunder, brief rain, last night. Remnants from the storms that struck Dallas/Fort Worth.
1011a. Had pickled beets with dinner last night. I always yearn for my mother's pickled beets when I eat those. The texture and the flavor are incomparably different.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 05:41 am
1012a. Did you eever iver over see the deevil divile dovel kiss his weef wife wofe?
1013a. No workee maniana. Except, I have some unfinished business and will likely spend an hour or more over there.
1014a. A person I am very close with posted on facebook on the dumbing down of America. He topped it with the following: "I blame the ******* hippies." Because he is who he is, I refrained from commenting. But I did restrict the visibility of his further posts. I blame the bedrock fundamentalists for the dumbing down. And the lack of will power to resist them on the part of the mainstream. And I am of the opinion that persuasion will never slow down the like of the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin. Only political muscle will contain the virus.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:34 am
1015a. There are some who would shut me up when I mention alternative medicine. Prior to the ascension of the medical/pharma/FDA tyranny, there were two schools of thought, each one acceptable, depending on the situation. They are stamping out the alternatives, not because none of them work, but because none can be patented for billion dollar profits. I have not asked others to believe because I believe but only to keep open minds enough to allow me the freedom to exercise my rights.
1016a. The above rant is also a key element why I will not vote for Republicans and Democrats any longer. They all take away your rights in the persuit of money and power.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 05:40 am
1017a, Here's hoping I can relax somewhat and get back to normal this week. The new guy at work is starting to take hold as the lead man, which takes a burden off of me. Plus we got a few problem issues resolved - not personal ones; job issues.
1018a. The cucumber pest remedy is a dismal failure. Something has taken to eating my grape vine: fruit, leaves and stems. Whatever it is seems to come in only at night. Poor plant will be hard pressed to survive.
1019a. We bought a window air conditioner for the bedroom. No sense cooling the entire house all night long. (We have yet to need it this season)
1020a. Angry Birds game is too time consuming.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 05:39 am
The page froze and I lost my post for today. Doo doo happens, I guess.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 10:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Only one doo doo per month allowed.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 05:42 am
1021a. Swore off Angry Birds game this morning. I have conquered all the levels that do not require inviting friends.
1022a. Anybody else wake up with Tuli Kupferburg's lyrics running through their head?
1023a. I spent yesterday morning digging holes, trying to find cut-offs at the water meters. They mostly are buried on the outside of the meter boxes. One was about two feet underground just outside the box. I dug four holes before calling the water company to come find that one. Turns out, I was partially correct in insisting that the water will not be cut off to any buildings by simply cutting off one water meter. The water company had told the boss that each water meter controls specific sections of the property. What is correct, I verified, is that two meters control ten buildings, the pool and most sprinklers and that both meter valves have to get turned off to stop the water in any of the ten. The third meter controls the water to a building and a few sprinklers in the far back of the property. I left the ground open above the cutoff valves. I plan to put plastic access covers over them today.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 02:35 pm
1024a. Proposed 'Natural Health Products Bill' in New Zealand would fine individuals $50,000 for making a cup of unapproved herbal tea.

www.naturalnews.com/035523_New_Zealand_n...al_health_Codex.html

Of course I am paranoid and there is nothing to fear.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 05:34 am
1025a. Getting worn down this week. Much digging in the ground, much chiseling concrete doing upstairs floor repairs. Today could be much easier, but I would not count on it. The temp we use on make ready work saw me go at a floor and made my day. He said, "You move like a twenty year old." Of course, he does not get to see me in my recliner after it's over for the day.
1026a. The calendar of July I think it is has five of a number of days of the week. Most unusual.
1027a. I broke my word and played Angry Birds again. Had to correct a few things. There were a couple of games I had cheated on out of tired-ness.
1028a. I expect cloudy thoughts to hang the jury in the Trayvon case, or lead to outright acquittal.
1029a. Wisconsin on the cusp of outlawing the death penalty. Yay.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 09:55 pm
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:24 am
1030a. The goldanged light over my desk is out. It's a three bulb fixture, with just one still burning and the single light casts a shadow on the keyboard. I type with two fingers, hunt and peck style. Looking from the screen to the letters makes my eyeballs confused.
1031a. Fixed it.
1032a. Not the eyeballs; the light. Moved the bulb to another socket.
1033a. I saw a poll today that claims Americans overwhelmingly approve the right to defend oneself with a gun. Of course. That's logical. I have held a gun in defense of myself or a loved one, more than once. I did not read further, to learn if they also support goading a person to act before shooting becomes "necessary." Somehow, I don't think people in general want to see aggression with guns, just defense.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:39 am
@edgarblythe,
egar, I think "all" life forms are miraculous! Most have enough senses to live in their environment, and specialized senses when needed that far exceeds human abilities. All part of "evolution" as far as I know.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:37 am
1034a. Income tax day for me. I delayed this long, because I believe I will owe money back again this year. Most discouraging.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 09:27 am
@edgarblythe,
I finished my income tax returns in January, and already paid or received my over-payment.

The trick is to recalculate quarterly, and make the extra adjustment on your withholdings. The balance when you figure out your tax for the year should come out close.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:44 am
1035a. I made a mistake, somewhere along the way. Turns out I am due a refund.
1036a. I watched some episodes of Third Rock From the Sun last night. Lots of hilarity resides therein.
1037a. Did anyone here ever have sex with an ostrich? A few folks nearly did.
1038a. Our new lead man is the same age as I when first I signed on. His knees are as bad as mine were before I started taking H3O. I noticed Friday he was struggling to get up the stairs. He said he would get some of that stuff and give it a try. The owner of the property told me he is not seeing the same outcome as myself. But I did not ask him why he thought he needed some. We are not that familiar, to go swapping personal information. I will see him again at the end of the month. I hope in the last two months he will have seen improvement.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:22 am
1039a. I put new wood down in the bedroom yesterday. All it wants is a new sheet vinyl, but I did not have enough funds at the time.
1040a. This week I will get back to writing. The stress from work has lessened enough.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 05:36 am
1041a. On walking near the deep wood, one might get nervous and proceed on the path, chanting in fear, "Lions and tigers and bears. Oh my." And so conjure in the mind phantom beasts nipping at the heels. Be stalwart and march ahead until they fall away, my friend. All will be right in the end.
1042a. I am writing a throwaway piece just for practice this afternoon. It will be titled Dynamite and Moonbeams. Then back to the serious stuff.
1043a. It rained on my home most of yesterday, but at my job we got just occasional sprinkles. I was a bit surprised to need my wipers going home.
1044a. The lot across the street looks like a logging camp. They cut down several trees and left them in stages of getting cut up. I have one that worries me. I haven't had the cash to get a cutter out here as yet.