cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 11:05 am
@edgarblythe,
edgar, We all have those blue days; it's unnatural not to . Just remember to keep your chin up, and a positive mental state - that tomorrow will be better!

Rest well; you've earned it. Razz
spendius

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's what I expect a free-loading retiree to say Ed. It's a positive attitude they nearly all take. You'll be better with your nose to the grindstone than whiling away the day lying sunbathing in a field of clover.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 12:52 pm
@spendius,
Spendius. Are you the Messiah?
spendius

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
One needn't be a ******* Messiah to discover what buggers like ci. are up to. Notice how he sympathised to start with and then slipped the knife in. That's the lefty's stock-in-trade.

If all the do-gooders were sacked and their requisitions cancelled there would be enough dough freed up to do good more than they can ever do.

I prefer the sofa myself. I'd take the summer off if I was you.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 04:22 pm
@spendius,
Ah, spendi - Had your nose not been crushed by a forceps, who knows what you might have been? Perhaps you could been the Messiah in another life.
Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 05:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
... yes, in Bizarro-land!
spendius

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 06:00 pm
@Ragman,
Obviously you are on the chomping side of the budget Ragman.

There is a load of scholarly works about how the lower-middle-classes, using faked academics, esoteric jargon, scientific gee-gaws and a credulous population to expand their operations, engineer an increasing number of clients in need of their skills.

But when you stoop to base assertions to lick up the odd drop of syrup they misplace you are merely a dupe.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 05:29 am
964a. Straight line winds, possible hail and tornadoes, to arrive within the hour. I might have a problem getting to work. I repaired a leaky roof yesterday. Today will test my skill.
965a. My latest short stories are going nowhere.
966a. I don't need to rest now. I am back in the regular routine.
967a. I discovered the joy/frustration of playing Angry Birds. It takes so long to win some levels, I need to restrict playing time.
Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 06:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Angry Birds on FB is addictive. I'm now up to level 108, but an intervention is needed as I've tripped over my long white beard and cobwebs are hanging from nose. I've even given up beer and chocolate.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 06:26 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Angry Birds on FB is addictive. I'm now up to level 108, but an intervention is needed as I've tripped over my long white beard and cobwebs are hanging from nose. I've even given up beer and chocolate.

I think this could be serious. Giving up chocolate is one of the 17 deadly sins.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 11:53 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
I've even given up beer and chocolate.

Somebody's lying here! Mr. Green Mr. Green Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 11:56 am
@Sturgis,
Good news: I just had my fix of (both) Toblerone and Lindt dark chocolate. I'm back on track again. However, beer is off my list due to budget shortfall.

Bring on the boids!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 05:22 am
968a. I almost relived Tuesday. Fortunately, I had a calendar nearby.
969a. The rain lingers. We are nine inches ahead for the year.
970a. If we simply must have a potential Republican president, I pick Mitt, of the ones in the running. It would be too much of a disaster if any one of the others got in. I still don't know if I will cast a vote this year. Depends if a third party is worthwhile.
971a. My check engine light came on the other day. I was waiting for the weather to settle down before going to see Bob the mechanic.
972a. My outrage is still growing, over the neighborhood watch guy murdering an innocent teen and not even getting arrested.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 05:26 am
973a. I put gas in the truck yesterday. As I drove home, I noted that the check engine light was now off. Must have been a problem with the gas cap, before.
974a. Did you read about Kathy Bates playing the ghost of Charlie Sheen's defunct character on Two and a Half Men? She will appear as his ghost, to the brother, who will be in bed after a heart attack.
975a. There are so many wonderful people on this planet. I hate being pessimistic, for their sake. But the human race has me feeling despair, these days.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 10:51 am
@edgarblythe,
975a: That's because you're listening too much to the GOP lies and innuendos.

Romney lies, then lies about those lies. Can you believe he's the front-runner for the GOP?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:24 pm
I don't mean to infer I would like Romney, in any sense of the word. Only a third party candidate, with a good platform and intentions I could live with will get me out of my chair in November.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 05:35 am
976a. It's great to be the only maintenance man. I get to be on call 24/7 every day, every month, until someone gets hired.
977a. We gave Punky the dog a soccer size ball yesterday. She was puzzled a few minutes, as she had never had one so large before. She played with it, enthusiastically, all the day, but at the end demolished it. I would like to give her a replacement, but can't afford a ball a day.
978a. I read that cucumber slices on an aluminum pie tin will create an odor that drives away garden pests. It would be rather cheap to test this. I want to keep whatever it is from eating my grapes before they can develop.
979a. I have so many cuts on my right hand that I sacrificed some H3O to treat them. Overnight, a few have all but vanished. The more troublesome ones are smaller and the one at the side of the thumbnail is smaller and less painful. I don't like to use my supply that way, because it takes so long to replenish the supply. It's cheap enough -
980a. One time, I picked up a live bat and got bitten. I thought it was dead. So, I slipped on a thin pair of rubber gloves and grabbed it. Within the hour, sores seemed to ooze out from beneath my fingernails. Instead of relying on my home-made supply of colloidal silver, I went to the local health food store and bought the best brand they had. In the course of the afternoon, I drank the entire bottle. It did not take long, after I began ingesting it, for my nails to clear up. I bought another, slightly smaller, bottle the next day and drank it up before nightfall. On the third day I also took in some healthy doses. Then I went on with my life, problem solved.
981a. If anyone thought I endorsed Mitt Romney yesterday, I want it clear that I merely offered that he would be more acceptable to me than Santorum or Gingrich. At the moment I have no candidate in mind to vote for.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 08:36 am
982a. I copied this from another thread.
edgarblythe wrote:

The remarkable saga of Greg Caton, all in his own words.
http://www.meditopia.org/

An added bonus to reading this book, which is a work in progress, is we get an inside look at Kevin Trudeau. There are dozens of side notes running with the text of Meditopia. One series dissects Trudeau's famous book, Cures They Don't Want You to Know. Caton puzzles that buyers of that book abandon reason, not separating the chafe out of it. He gives some good examples. I realized, as I read, that I had fallen for it as much as anyone. There is much good advice in Trudeau's book, but much to disregard.
At one point, Caton and Trudeau worked together. The portions of Meditopia dealing with their relationship makes for a tale that details how low many humans will sink for position and money.

983a. Our mail carrier does not bring packages to the door - the kind you sign for. Just drops the notice in your box, at the central bank of mailboxes, near the entrance to our subdivision. Last week, I witnessed as she drove up to my driveway and paused, but hit the gas and continued on. I stood by the gate, because I knew she had to pass me to get out again. She had to stop, or demonstrate unwillingness to fulfil her job. Yesterday, when she delivered mail, we were at home. She had another package for me, but did not come to the house. Now, I have to take the notice for a fifteen minute drive and spend another fifteen minutes getting the attendant's attention. I intend registering my dissatisfaction. Gas is too expensive to be doing that sort of thing. Both incidents combined have a potential of me driving one full hour, unnecessarily.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 08:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
983a. addendum
Today, my package was in the mailbox. The alternate mail carrier must have been on today. She has been very good to us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:01 am
984a. I am the world. I am the children. - SNL (kidding Prince, I think)
985a. I put cucumber slices on aluminum by the grapes, because I read that it makes fumes pests cannot abide. I did this yesterday. I have not been out to see if the stuff is even still in place.
986a. I told my wife, in discussing Dick Cheney, "What a waste of a good heart." She chided me, but also laughed. Her natural impulses are much less liberal than mine.
987a. People who nitpick at the stand your ground law in a way that excuses murder have a killer's grudge against somebody.
988a. I think I can relax today. Nothing seriously outstanding going on. I want to bathe Punky the dog outside. I am going to go looking for a big enough vessel that I can fill with water from a hose. Then let it warm in the sun half the day before putting her in it.