edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:52 am
659a. I think I got done with the Christmas lights just in time. It is raining out there.
670a. I think I need a shot of motivation - a kick in the ass to make the mind go. Come on synapses and neurons. - lazy bastards.
671a. I think there may be a basketball season, after all. Crap.
672a. I think the little kids in Denny's, last night, are a hoot. Girl throws a tantrum, bellowing the most irritating sound known to humans. I begin to laugh, almost uncontrollably. Kids know which buttons to push and how to get all the attention. Part of the funny comes from their being responsible for their child, while I get to go home without any children. Also from memories of when my own ate dinner with us, many years ago.
673a. I think noisy toys are great, also. Never hesitated to buy them for my kids and always look for a noisy one for Punky the dog to play with.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 09:56 am
674a. I think I got a great idea for a short story yesterday.That's one ten thousandth of the effort required to make it real.
675a. I think I fear America's war machine more than Iran's.
676a. I think I need to make a decision about those moldy cassette music tapes that I have been hoarding.
677a. I think I enjoy the time spent on line less these days.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 05:58 am
678a. I think - got to replace the sand in the pool filter this day. What ought to be relatively easy is complicated by the drain being against a wall, in a small room - a room that, when it has water on the floor, lets water into the office. Got to get as much as possible from the top.
679a. I think I sealed the house pretty well, the past summer. It is much warmer in here, in this slightly freezing weather, than it was last year.
680a. I think I am finished with Terra Nova and Once Upon a Time TV series. Not enough payoff for the time at the set.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 05:59 am
681a. I think pool filter work was successful, but it badly needs cleaning this morning. The boss saw how dirty and wet I was and working in short sleeves and went out and bought me a new shirt and sweat shirt for when I got through with the dipping out of the sand. Dry, the sand weight would be 600 pounds. Out, one handful at a time - In, fifty pounds at a time. I could not wear the sweatshirt, however. It had gotten fairly warm by this time.
682a. I think this morning about Hieronymus Bosch paintings.
683a. I think about igloos on Mars.
spendius

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 09:36 am
@edgarblythe,
684a. I think I understand 682a. and 683a. after reading 681a. Have you read The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists ed?
spendius

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 09:38 am
@spendius,
685a. I think the boss was trying to expiate a guilty conscience.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 12:57 pm
@spendius,
I have not read it, spendius.
The boss is tenderhearted. I told her I was fine several times, but she just had to supply those items. She also brought back a dozen donuts (mixed. I ate two that had chocolate icing).
spendius

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 01:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
686a. I think it's enough to make anybody tenderhearted watching a poor, old worn-out worker scooping half a ton of **** out of her pool drain with his bare hands whilst soaked to the skin. How did the lady come by her privileges ed?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 03:58 pm
@spendius,
This woman worked her way into a manager's position at other complexes. When she came to our place, we were at 72% occupancy and most of the staff were lazy louts. The owners were on the verge of selling out. She put us at 99% occupancy in just a few months, and she did not move in questionable customers to get there. Said louts could not deliver and could not take the heat. They all moved on. This manager is demanding of us, in that she expects professionalism. But she has a heart of gold and is in my book the best boss I have had.
spendius

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 04:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
687a. I think she is okay too ed. We can't expect her to do what you did. That she made amends is to her credit. I have had tenants and I agree with her that louts can't deliver. Which is putting it mildly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 05:55 am
684a. I think we were successful with the pool. The water flow is much better now.
645a. I think the occupy movements and the Egyptian style revolutions may be short lived phenomena. The powers at the top of the pyramid (as in pyramid scheme?) are not ready to give in, except superficially.
646a. I think my novel will be okay as originally conceived. I converted one chapter to first person and compared the two versions until I became satisfied it was not worth the extra work to proceed in that direction.
647a. I think I feel like a driveling idiot for being grateful that gas dropped to less than $3 per gallon recently.
648a. I think that if wishes were horses, it would do me no good, as there are no horse paths in my part of the country.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 05:47 am
649a. I think I got railroaded into attending this evening's company Christmas party. I hate the notion to have it on a Thursday, plus it's a long drive - Near the Galleria, I think. I told them I plan to leave there early.
650a. I think I did myself wrong, yesterday - had fried chicken for lunch and home made hamburgers for dinner. My stomach staged a protest, about bed time. A good night of sleep made it better.
651a. I think we may get another rainy weekend. I wish it would rain until I got sick of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 02:49 pm
652a. I think - tired. The party. Too late for a Thursday. Cheap wine was free, but a decent drink cost $8. I had wine. A slice of roast beef and assorted noodles. Toss out the slice of meat, ya got a meal from the county jail.
653a. I think we just got our smart meter from the electric company. I have come across a few horror stories concerning same. Hope I am one of the lucky.
654a. I think I would like to gaze upon the chimes of freedom flashing.
655a. I think I hear Punky the dog coming down the hall. It is just about her dinner time.
656a. I think the recession is good for apartments. We are 100% full these days.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 08:49 am
657a. I think I am tired of Muppets everywhere you look. Cute doll figures replacing acting and imagination.
658a. I think dire thoughts when I listen to the song It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas. I once sang a quick snatch of it, to be taken off guard and confronted by a real life Scrooge. He hurt my feelings and made me so angry, for all of three years, that I wrote a novelette, for the sole purpose of working through the anger.
659a. I think how grateful I am that we rarely get any snow. I will gladly forgo the beauty of it to have safe streets to drive.
670a. I think To air is to be Jordan.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 10:00 am
671a. I think it's odd that Ron Paul polls higher than Romney, but the news I see declares that the race amounts to a choice between Newt and Romney. Somebody badly wants Paul out of the race.
672a. I think I lost my new glasses.
673a. I think the Texans will have to be better than great, to win today. They are playing the third string quarterback.
674a. I think: Don't speak about sex to me.
675a. I think I need inspiration. Something lacking in my projects this weekend.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:41 am
676a. I think - rain all day yesterday and in the night, with more of it still for a while this morning. It's maddening, because, it will dry up in a month or two, bringing extended drought. All of the forecasters have told me so.
677a. I think the short story contest has ended. No one has approached me with the results. Not that I expected it.
678a. I think the football games this weekend were more interesting than normal. Lots of good ones.
679a. I think I would like to see dadpad back on these forums.
680a. I think I was overly contentious with roger on my thread about Iran.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 06:04 am
681a. I think the air is full of moisture this morning. Not outright rain, but drops filling the air. There will be a resistance to working on the building exterior, but I intend to start in the stairwell if necessary.
682a. I think I saw snow flurries from Magnolia on TV today. That's just up the road from Tomball.
683a. I think we will almost certainly spend Christmas weekend in Austin.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:52 am
684a. I think the mice are chewing through the root. The lions wait below. Better pluck that strawberry soon.
685a. I think better communication between the ordinary people - the masses - is responsible for the political unrest these days. It seems to be similar in nature to how the English translation of the Bible sowed new notions among the common people, and brought about great changes.
686a. I think that if we get through this cold week, weather will moderate temporarily. The tip of my thumb has split, by the nail, due to working without gloves, yesterday.
687a. I think my health fight is on track. Hopefully, I will be able to write about it in January or so.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 05:54 am
688a. I think that if I have a good day at work today, I can have a good day at work all the time. Gonna be out of doors and it's in the mid twenties right now.
689a. I think about how thoughtless some people are - without malice, just dumb. A sick person I know was visited by his sick daughter, who had the flu, or at least a bad cold. The result - he is now in the hospital, with peenewmonia. He told her he is going to kick her ass when he gets better.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 06:00 am
690a. I think with amusement of an old TV series getting rerun these days. Chuck Conners as The Rifleman. In one episode, he is visited at his ranch by then president, Abe Lincoln. I did not watch what happened, but the episode began with he and Abe wrestling. Next day, as I am changing channels, I notice that Mark Twain is visiting on the same show. I mean, the guy is a small farmer or rancher - can't tell, because it never shows him actually tending any fields or animals - with the one claim to being extraordinary that he can shoot people with his rifle.
691a. I think today is make or break as we get ready for the owners' Sunday visit.
692a. I think I have come to admire Kirk Douglas the man, much more than as an actor. I followed him on myspace for a considerable time. He posts some interesting thoughts and great personal stories on there.
693a. I think my neighbors, who I described in an earlier post, as having had an ambulance take somebody away, must have had a much more serious event than I thought, at the time. I see the man, on occasion, but have not seen his wife at all. I don't know them well enough to simply walk up and ask. Never get close enough for conversation -
0 Replies