Pennyworth only of beautiful Soup?

Beau--ootiful Soo-oop!
Beau--ootiful Soo-oop!
Soo--oop of the e--e--evening,
Beautiful, beauti--FUL SOUP!

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 09:01 am
608a. I think I may complete my short story entry, this weekend. I have to go to the job, today, but ought to have lots of time, after that.
609a. I think my older daughter is to be pitied, this day. Her toddler son has bronchitis. I ought to reserve the pity for him, actually.
610a. I think the occupy movement may be slowly losing steam. It seems to be somewhat ignored, these days. Might be my misguided perception, however.
611a. I think CI has achieved a wonderful thing, traveling over all the world, gaining insight and experience most never shall encounter. I salute you, my man.
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:10 am
@edgarblythe,
612a. I think I could second that if ci. had given us some idea of the insights and experiences he was getting. We already know what being "freezing cold" with the wind "cutting through five layers of clothing" is like or can imagine it close enough.
613a. I think there's not a lot to be gained from knowing that somebody has had some insights and experiences.

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 06:29 am
@spendius,
614b. Insights arent like marbles, where you display them for all to look at so that it all comes back to you what a great eye you have. Insights are tools which can be used to better understand a situation or event. SO therefore, rather than always leading with some snotty response to someones previous post, why not just shut the **** up!

K?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 06:47 am
@edgarblythe,
611a: edgar, One would think that with all my traveling, my knowledge would provide some wise insights about humanity, but the more I travel, it only reinforces the fact that there are more things to learn.
spendius

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 06:54 am
@farmerman,
615a. I think asserting that one is having insights without saying what they consist of is like trying to go to the top of the class without offering any effort.
616a. I think that such a method of proceeding in order to attract admiration and imitation is available to every person on earth and is thus valueless.
617a. I think that if I do "shut the **** up" you will succeed in your determination to dumb down A2K to your own abysmal level.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 07:28 am
Spendi to farmerman: "I think that if I do "shut the **** up" you will succeed in your determination to dumb down A2K to your own abysmal level."

Droll.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 07:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

611a: edgar, One would think that with all my traveling, my knowledge would provide some wise insights about humanity, but the more I travel, it only reinforces the fact that there are more things to learn.

Great observation, CI. Don't ever change, ya hear?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 07:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
wise as well as diplomatic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 05:57 am
612a. I think I need a vacation. Trouble is, part time workers don't get paid for it.
613a. I think I have been cheated by the music industry for the least time. Every time you buy a collection of oldies, they sneak in some re-recordings, allegedly by the original artists. One collection I got suckered into had more than one song by the Coasters, for instance. But they were new recordings by some clowns who never knew the original guys. And the original guys have been dead for years. No more oldies collections for me, unless I hear all the songs first.
614a. I think Once Upon a Time, the TV series, is at a crossroads, for me. I may be getting fairy tale fatigue. After all, I have known the original versions all my life, with variations thrown at me all the time. Perhaps they ought to venture further away from the old story lines and give us something original.
615a. I think this week will be a good one, at work. {Knock on wood).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 06:02 am
616a. I think I may get wet today. 80% rain with possibility of tornadoes.
617a. I think the music may be gone, but the melody lingers on.
618a. I think NBA players ought to at least get minimum wage.
619a. I think Rick Perry and Herman Cain don't just have brain farts, they are brain farts.
620a. I think Terra Nova TV series may lose me. I found myself on the computer through about ten minutes of it.
621a. I think my story for the contest may be ready. I have to check it over this afternoon, before submitting it. Exactly 600 words, the length called for.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2011 06:56 am
@edgarblythe,
619a; so true. What comes out of their mouths belongs in the toilet. <<<<<<Its mostly BS.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 06:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

619a; so true. What comes out of their mouths belongs in the toilet. <<<<<<Its mostly BS.

Giving Bush a pass for being a brain fart opened the door for these gumwads. Fortunately, many voters will not be fooled this time.
neko nomad

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 06:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Can I slip ths one in, Ed?

I think Henry Luce knew what he was doing by occasionally spicing up the cover of
his "Life" magazine.
http://www.sirensofchrome.com/sirens/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/23.jpg
This was Dagmar's first break for enduring fame, later guaranteed by General Motors,
as a front bumper feature.
Thanks. Carry on.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 06:06 pm
@neko nomad,
Life was a highly successful mag, those days. Photographic essays - I rarely read any articles. Just liked the pics.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 06:08 pm
@neko nomad,
You call that spice?? Sheesh!!!!
neko nomad

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 06:12 pm
@spendius,
lol
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 06:28 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You call that spice?? Sheesh!!!!

Back in 1951, yes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 05:55 am
622a. I think I will start decorating for Christmas today. Take my time about it. Then, on Thanksgiving, in the evening, for the first time, I will turn on the lights.
623a. I think I was more than a little surprised, to google the first school I attended, in 1948, to see that it has not changed in appearance. At least the photo makes it appear so. I googled some of the streets of residences I recall from childhood to discover the whole neighborhood has been transformed. Also, I played in silicon valley, when it was all woods. If somebody had told me all that wonderful land would be so demolished, I would have called them delusional.
624a. I think Punky the dog likes the new bed we bought her, yesterday. She stays sacked out on it, in the cold weather.
625a. I think it is good I was unable to maintain interest in the TV show, Person of Interest. I read they quit production of it, the other day.
626a. I think it's entertaining to follow the flavor of the week angst of the Republicans. Not so entertaining to consider one might get elected.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 06:03 am
627a. I think they could turn The Mentalist into a thirty minute show, by eliminating the side stories about his partners. After all, everything they do ends up being inconsequential. Only his actions matter, in solving every crime. His partners have a suspect - suspect runs and has to get tackled and cuffed - He's not guilty, as Jane immediately tells them. "But, who -?" Jane smiles. Minutes later, he reveals the killer, based on evidence only he could ferret, while they went on the wild goose chases.
628a. I think I better get off line.
0 Replies