cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 07:11 am
@edgarblythe,
604a: It's freezing cold here in Wittenberg, Germany, home to Martin Luther. We visited his home which has been converted into a museum. The cold wind cuts through my five layers of clothing and my heavy jacket. I bought a yarn cap to cover my ears and head. I've learned many years ago, that you can lose 10% of your body heat if you don't wear a hat.
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 07:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
605a--I think ci. is stark staring mad to have spent a proportion of his potential legacy to his beloved children on leaving the sunny climes of California to relocate his tender body, and presumably the even more tender body of his long suffering bride, to a place where it is "freezing cold" and provides the facility of cold winds cutting through five layers of clothing and after a journey through a maze of bureaucrats, who would not be bureaucrats were they not addicted to inflicting low level torture, with a return journey to double the agony, and end up looking like, if the film was speeded up, a ball of cottonweed rolling past the sights and not being able to tell what anybody is saying, which is probably useful for the way ci. debates, and not a bikini clad bimbo in sight nor in prospect.
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:29 am
@spendius,
I think that the thumbers downers were a bit knee-jerky on that one.
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:48 am
@spendius,
I think that anybody who thinks that the exchange ci. undertook is a sane and reasonable thing to do is also stark, staring mad and, as they are normal human beings at bottom, it must be because of being overwhelmed by the propaganda of the tourist brigade due to the fact that those who stay at home, a majority, don't make propaganda about the joys of doing so, the nice "own bed" and not having the squitters, and their voice is rarely heard.

They announce on the News that 2 million Brits have flown to exotic destinations, shots of rolling surf etc etc, with joy in their voices because the TV company gets a slice of the tourist action. Allotment holders swapping bulbs around and pigeon fanciers scraping pigeon **** from under the roost and nice ladies picking blackberries to provide her family with vitamin c, are no use trying to get a slice out of. 58 million of us not flying out is useless news. And if the silly fuckers think they are going to make us think we are missing something by not flying out they have another think coming. We would want $100 an hour and exes to be ci's bagman.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:49 am
I think edgarblythe and ci are awesome and spendius has a bad case of 'run on sentences'.

I also think that today's gonna be awesome cause it's Friday! WoooHooo! Morning guys! Very Happy
Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:58 am
I think the weather forecasters screwed up again.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:58 am
@GracieGirl,
I think Gracie is using a real old, washed out, cliched trick that I have seen many a young lady try on, often with success, which involves getting the one they fancy to pay attention to them by ladling out the larding it up to one or two of the other chaps in the company. I think I've seen the strategy involved 397 times on the evolution threads. It might be 396 or 398.

The idea is to get the poor lad isolated then he's easier to pick off.
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:00 am
@spendius,
I think I've heard the trick labelled as "rounding up a posse".
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:10 am
@spendius,
I think that to get their hands on ci's $500,000 residence in California about 99.99% of all the people who ever lived would have sold their Moms to the head-shrinkers. Many today would too.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:13 am
@spendius,
I think spendius needs to cut back on caffeine infused beverages.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:20 am
@spendius,
Huh? What? Confused

I think, if that was supposed to be an insult, you should try a little harder. I have no idea what you said. You sound like someone who's still living in the 18th century. Razz

I think today is 11/11/11!! How cool is that. Mr. Green
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:26 am
@GracieGirl,
I think that if you have a mobile phone, which I haven't, you should keep it fastened to your wrist, or in a safe if that's more convenient at certain times, and never let anybody come near it and never use it to check out something somebody suggested you check out on it.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:52 am
@spendius,
Ummm. OooooKay.

What made you think that?

I think spendius is wacky.

I think we're suffering from miscommunication. Razz
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:15 am
@GracieGirl,
It was explained to me by a communications engineer. Cheap devices to hack into people's phones are being promoted. The 21st century version of 18th century listening at the keyhole.

That is why the News International phone hacking scandal is attracting so much attention. We started using knives and forks only after out betters provided the example. The City of Sheffield is based on the the example trickling down even to hovels and caves in the hills.

One young lady of the improving classes used her fork at first to pick gobs of meat up and then used her fingers to transfer them from the fork to her pretty mouth where her evenly-set white teeth were waiting to grind them up so that her digestive processes had a good start. No doubt her Momma corrected her so that she would be more readily tradeable for land or influence.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:24 am
@spendius,
Ewww. Let's stop messing up edgars thread.

Bye.
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 12:10 pm
@GracieGirl,
I think ed doesn't mind.
I think he's an easy going kinda guy.
I think he's not in the least uptight about his thread.
I think I remember him saying something to that effect.
I think it's a good thread.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:18 pm
adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Huh? Latin?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 05:38 pm
Ovid) Add a little to a little and there will be a great heap.
adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 05:41 pm
@GracieGirl,
I think he's making soup.

do you have a newt we can use...?
0 Replies