edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 05:56 am
586a. I think the owners were so impressed with my physical appearance yesterday, the first one said, "You look younger every time I see you." Truthfully, this last year saw me become stronger and more energetic than I had been for two or three years. The second one asked me to make a list of my regimen of supplements. I included eating seeds and nuts, such as fresh ground flax and walnuts and having butter and rare steaks. I omitted the apricot kernels and MMS, because he does not have cancer that I am aware of and the MMS protocol is in a state of flux for a month or two. New way of mixing and taking it is being tested, which will make it easier to use and allegedly more effective. Mainly described the use of H3O and colloidal silver.
587a. I think today will be a nice one for me.
588a. I think the revisionist telling of the Snow White tale, in the TV series, Once Upon a Time, is entertaining. She was hiding in the woods from the Queen and stealing and robbing to survive. Which is how she met the Prince - She stole his jewels and sold them to the trolls guarding the bridge.
589a. I think my thread, Your Quote of the Day, has become one of my favorite endeavors, of late, on a2k.
590a. I think the home with the blown off roof (picture posted earlier) is going to be pretty nice, after all. They totally gutted it and shifted internal walls about. At the same time, they stripped the outer walls and rebuilt them. The new walls have 4X8 sheets of Hardi siding and some pretty new windows. They just work at it on weekends, but I have gone from skeptical to applauding their efforts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:00 am
@edgarblythe,
<hi edgar, <i'm now in <prague for the day, then onward to our river boat tomorrow. prague never chagnes; passed by the hilton hotel where <i stayed on one of my visits here, ande everything else looks the same. that your boss seems you are looking better is a good sign.
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
She was hiding in the woods from the Queen and stealing and robbing to survive. Which is how she met the Prince - She stole his jewels and sold them to the trolls guarding the bridge.

There you go ed. I told you that--

Quote:
“Anyone who is willing to work and is serious about it will certainly find a job.

makes sense.
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:38 am
@spendius,
"It doesn't exist, America. It's a name you give to an abstract idea."

Tropic of Cancer.
spendius

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:41 am
@spendius,
Sorry ed. Wrong thread.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 01:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Have a great time, CI. Yes, I am doing well, thanks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 06:02 am
591a. I think my reply to CI (see last entry) has stirred the memory of a communication I once received from Lobsang Rampa. Rampa, you may know, wrote the wonderfully inventive series of how an Englishman suddenly lost his body to a Tibetan. As Rampa, the new identity of the Englishman, he spun an autobiography, from childhood, that chronicled an adventurous life - an endeavor that kept me buying each new volume as it hit the stands. At one point, I wrote him a letter and asked if he was a believer in Immanuel Velikovsky's theories. He wrote me back, saying, "Oh, yes. My books are all true. But, I see by your list you have not read all of my books, as yet. Please do so and thank you for writing." I had to paraphrase, because I no longer have his letter.
592a. I think the front that is moving in will make life a lot cooler. It has gotten to be over 80 degrees here, every day, for almost a week.
593a. I think my story for the Lulu contest will be my only submission. I have not worked enough to perfect it, due to distractions and at times being overly fatigued. Last night I had a call from the job, saying a woman had driven over a parking stone and now could not get her car off of it. The anchors had loosened and she had dragged it away from the curb, to the point that she blocked traffic. So, at 11 PM, I drove over there. She had freed the car and could not now be found. But, the parking stone was way out of place. I picked up an end and dragged it across two parking spaces, to let it down in the original position.
Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 09:16 am
@edgarblythe,
And one could say that you left no stone unturned.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
I am a rock, ragman. I am an island.
Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
...and an island never cries.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Last night I had a call from the job, saying a woman had driven over a parking stone and now could not get her car off of it. The anchors had loosened and she had dragged it away from the curb, to the point that she blocked traffic. So, at 11 PM, I drove over there. She had freed the car and could not now be found.

So, I guess that you can say that she curbed her enthusiasm?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:32 pm
@Ragman,
Curb your enthusiasm!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 03:07 pm
@Ragman,
She vanished into the night, like a ghost at midnight.
Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 03:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
She was blinded by the night...wrapped up...(etc.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 03:57 pm
Her voice is soft and cool
Her eyes are clear and bright
But she's not there
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 05:50 am
594a. I think the storm approaching Alaska sounds pretty terrible, with the hurricane force winds - I wonder how often such things happen there.
595a. I think yesterday's rain was more than welcome. The severe parts of the storm were not felt here.
596a. I think I want to surprise my wife, with a nicer than normal gift this year. Let's see - What to get -?
597a. I think I better get some gas on the way to work. It is dangerously low.
Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 06:37 am
@edgarblythe,
I read that 1974 was the last massive one of this type. That storm had a storm surge of 13 feet. This one is predicted to have about a 10 ft surge. Another earlier massive storm had occured about 75 yrs prior to the 1974 event.

Furthermore I just read that due to the lack of any sea ice, the shoreline destruction will be greater and have more erosion, too.

{Edit: though for the life of me I can't tell if having no sea ice is good or bad. I just read that having no sea ice could be a good thing as, in the absence, ice flows won't travel inland and do more damage.}
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 02:50 pm
Thanks, ragman. It is a curious disaster, to me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:03 am
598a. I think I tuned in the CMA show on the TV, because they were to honor Glenn Campbell, but the proceedings were boring. I didn't make it that far.
599a. I think Governor Perry has become the lame horse in the race these days. You will not hear me complain about it.
600a. I think the cold weather has made Punky more hungry than normal, assuming that would be possible. We give her snacks during the day and feed her a dinner of Pedigree canned mixed with Moist and Meaty. But yesterday we started putting Pedigree dry in her bowl between meals. She does not eat much of it, but when she does she gets a little in her mouth and walks around chewing it. Brings to mind, when she was a pup, and Baby the Cocker Spaniel/Beagle mix was alive. Punky ate more dry in those times, to keep Baby from having a just share. She would fill her mouth with as much dry food as possible and walk around in the house, chewing. I thought it funny enough, that I didn't mind cleaning up after her.
601a. I think I like the idea of a cup of hot chocolate, in the evenings, but when it comes time to fix any, I don't feel the desire to follow through.
602a. I think I will always be conflicted by reports that people in a vegetative state seem to have a degree of awareness. It brings up the question of how much resources should be devoted to keeping them alive and if they realize it when the decision to let go is made. Would anybody wish to survive like that, never to move a muscle forever, never to communicate - Perhaps they feel hope, however misguided, that they will pull through. I hope I never am put in the position of judging when they ought to pull the plug.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 05:45 am
603a. I think Veteran's Day is a time to honor men and women of courage and conviction. I nit-pick to honor just the ones of good heart. Don't ask me to explain.
604a. I think the cold weather this morning will turn nice for outdoor activity in a while.
605a. I think the sneaky bastards of The Mentalist slipped in a rerun. One of the better episodes, however. I remembered the ending, to a point, but had forgotten which of the two police officers Jane fingered for the murders.
606a. I think my story for the contest will not win. I do not perform well with a deadline, or having to start under another's prodding.
607a. I think the new, car size Rover, about to get sent to Mars, will be one of the most exciting adventures, ever.