Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 08:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
hehe, I'm so desperate, I've started doing surveys online for pay, again. It doesn't pay much (unless you win a sweepstake), but it's better than nothing.

Some of the prizes are nice. Of course, you have to win them first.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 11:31 pm
Edgar, yes, I've been retired from the Army since 1 July, 2010. Did a 9 month internship as a counselor in a junior highschool as part of the requirements to complete my Master's. suince graduating in May 2011, been working at Walgreens Pharmacy here in schenic nowheresville, LA and both me and Cheryl are putting in resumes and applications all over NC.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 04:35 am
@snood,
I am a bit dense. I should have realized from some of your earlier posts on other threads. I wish you happy hunting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 04:46 am
76a. I think Don Gibson will always remain as my all-time favorite country recording artist.
77a. I think rockhead's new A/C is long overdue.
78a. I think the new 13 seer A/Cs are not a hell of a lot different than the 10 seers they replaced. Except for the price.
79a. I think there may be rain today.
80a. I think I need to look up an old work buddy of mine, to see if he is still living. I used to run across him in town on a regular basis, but, lately, he is, simply, not there. I figure him to be 77. He was never sick, but of course that means nothing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 10:23 am
@snood,
snood, Don't you have friends who can refer you? That's probably your best bet in this economy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 05:01 am
81a. I think it may seem odd to others, but, when I am in a mood, thinking about friends and family now dead, I also recall my dog, Holly, who died at least ten years ago. I used to list her on my land line, so that, when looking in a phone book, one would find a number for Holly Blythe. Yesterday we received some advertising in the mail box. It was addressed to Holly.
82a. I think we may get a porter to help out on the job. What we really need is a maintenance man who can do what I do, so that I could go home at my regular time, once again.
83a. I think the lake at Burroughs Park has begun drawing in wildlife at an increasing pace, as the water has totally dried elsewhere, due to the drought. Yesterday, we saw a very large snake in the water. When it saw me draw near for a closer inspection, it did as the gator had done. It pushed its eyes above the water line and studied me back. Further down, we saw raccoons running around in open day light.
84a. I think that only a spectacular failure can slow down the idiocy of teabagging. The Bush presidency should have killed such notions, however, so I may be thinking wrong, here. Probably, they would continue to ooze around the truth, like sewage from a broken pipe.
85a. I think I need a new lawn mower. The metal holding one wheel in place has corroded. I put a brace on it, but the wheel rolls at a pretty good angle.
Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 09:06 am
@edgarblythe,
I think I like Edgar's new photo avatar. Very Happy
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 02:53 pm
@Reyn,
I gotta look at this every day, so I decided you all should have to look at it too.
Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 08:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think I don't mind. Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 08:04 pm
@Reyn,
Has anybody told you you look remarkably like Howdy Doody?
Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 08:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, I get that all the time. The really oldsters want my autograph from time to time.

It's nice that they still remember. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 08:26 pm
Hey, in the old days, when you were still single, did you and Princess Summerfall Winterspring ever go out together?
Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 08:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Naw, she was too good for me. Wink Surprised
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 05:07 am
86a. I think I have got to remember to set the alarm. Embarrassed
87a. I think yesterday's rain will ensure that the trees survive until the next one. A nice light shower that fell for hours.
88a. I think the boss will continue to expect the impossible today, which will then be semi achieved.
89a. I think I want to read Typee again, after all the years since I found it. Don't know why.
90a. I think Punky the dog is losing her attraction for the squeaky chicken she loves. Last night, she left it in a different room all night.
Reyn

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:56 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

86a. I think I have got to remember to set the alarm. Embarrassed

Slept in, huh? Wink Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:57 am
@Reyn,
Got me to thinking if I was ever late for work. Nah.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 05:00 pm
@Reyn,
I got to work on time, but my routine was off by 25 minutes. I don't like that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 04:47 am
91a. I think Francis the talking mule had a rougher edge than did Mr Ed.
92a. I think the ducks and geese at the park have been going hungry. They all run or swim as fast as they are capable of moving, just to get their handout of cracked corn and sunflower seeds. Yesterday some were waiting in our normal parking spot and within minutes the whole gang was making a mad dash from every point around the lake.
93a. I think I need a vacation. Problem is, I no longer get paid to do that.
94a. I think Jeremiah may have been a bullfrog.
95a. I think we ought to have two overlaying zones in the United States. No government actions on behalf of teabagger types, no matter what, but a government in full vigor of and for the rest of us.
Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 09:28 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
93a. I think I need a vacation.

What's a vacation?

Haven't had one of those in more than 25 years.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 09:49 am
@Reyn,
I must've had a pretty good job, because I got vacation-sick benefits. Wink However, retirement is best, because every day is Saturday. The trick of retirement is to stay active.
0 Replies