edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 04:46 am
61a. I think the gas costs have finally gotten to the drivers of Hummers. I rarely see one these days.
62a. I think somebody owes me an apology (not really). When I replaced the A/C on the office I was told I could not replace the evaporator coil, because it had recently been changed by the former lead man. I could not remember any such event. When the system failed to cool beyond 80 degrees I was kept hunting ways to improve that. Since I had already replaced everything but the coil, I was stuck doing meaningless tweaks to the system. Finally, I located the ex lead. He denied replacing the coil. The reason replacing even a good coil is necessary is because the older ones were manufactured to serve Seer 10 A/Cs. The new ones are Seer 13. Not compatible.
63a. I think it's a shame that they gain over 200 pets per day at the animal shelter these days. Has to be a result of the economy.
64a. I think it's odd that Fixodent refuses to reformulate their product when at least some users are having their health ruined by the zinc in it.
65a. I think I should have invested my fortune in concrete or asphalt, the way they use it on the roads around here. It staggers the imagination to think how they come up with such endless supplies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 09:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Talk about ac, I had to have my car's ac recharged with freon yesterday, and it cost $157 that included 3 lbs of freon. It's a good thing they didn't find a leak, because that would have increased the cost quite a bit. Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:22 am
66a. I think I shall avoid the air outside my home this day. The water company is sandblasting inside one of its water tanks this week. That's just across the fence.
67a. I think my much vaunted but still far from complete novel will make better progress this week, as I have settled in my mind some issues that had thwarted every effort to move ahead.
68a. I think I am already missing my wife. She left less than an hour ago to house sit, while my daughter goes to, and applies for, work in Austin.
69a. I think I need to clean up the house while mrs edgarblythe is gone.
70a. I think I need to go to the job today. I was not happy with the way the swimming pool gate latches. It was safely catching, but the post carrying the latch is not that well anchored.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:13 am
I think I'm confused by Edgar's new numbering system for the new "I thinks".

Why not just carry on where you left off? Confused

edgarblythe wrote:

[...]

[Spoken:]
A young man goes to Paris
[...]

The Kingston Trio

Okay, 1000.

Then...

edgarblythe wrote:

77. I think only another Great Depression will re-awaken this nation to the principles of social advancement for all segments of society, as was seen during the Roosevelt administration. Meantime, the money flow will continue upward only.

It ain't billed as a Great Depression, but it's getting close.

http://able2know.org/topic/90584-49#post-3469760

Edgar, I think we need an explanation for this new numbering system. Wink Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:17 am
@Reyn,
I just ignore the numbers, because it's not relevant to his diary.

Maybe there's a meaning to his "madness," but he'll have to explain that to us. Smile
Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
I can't sleep at night time until I know.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:42 am
@Reyn,
Drink a lot of booze; it'll help you sleep.
Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
Don't / can't drink alcohol.

No, we just need a simple explanation by Edgar. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:04 am
We are on Volume Two.
Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ah, I see! Well, that explains it then! Wink Laughing

Carry on...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:32 pm
@Reyn,
You'll sleep like a babe from now on! Mr. Green
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 05:07 am
71a. I think the little shower we had yesterday helped some. More is forecast for Monday.
72a. I think the teaparty politicians do not know the consequences of not raising the debt ceiling and not bringing in more revenue.
73a. I think Requiem For a Heavyweight is Rod Serling's works in a nutshell. Yesterday was the first time I had opportunity to watch the entire film, uninterrupted.
74a. I think 19 years on the job is a pretty good feat. Last Wednesday was my anniversary.
75a. I think Angus ground beef or Angus in food such as hotdogs is a ripoff. There is unrestrained fat in these products.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Congrats on 19 years on the job, and as for Angus beef, it's good - because of the fat content. Mr. Green
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't eat non fat food as a rule, but some of the Angus I bought lately seems a bit overboard with the fat.
CI, it's the first job I ever kept for more than a year or so.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
74a. I think 19 years on the job is a pretty good feat. Last Wednesday was my anniversary.

Congratulations, Edgar!

I hope they're treating you well.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:50 pm
@Reyn,
They think I think they are. Wink
snood

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 06:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think "They think I think they are" is a perfect description of a too-common go-along-to-get-along job survival situation.

I think I'm going to have a "Tax The Rich" t-shirt made.

I think it was the great joy at finding a tv series that interested and entertained me that caused me to watch 3 full seasons of "Breaking Bad" over 5 days Laughing

I think Casey Anthony may be one of the world's most despicable people.

I think if I don't get a job in my chosen profession or at least tangential to it in the next 2-3 months, I may have to start aiming considerably lower.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:25 pm
@snood,
Are you a civilian, snood?
Casey Anthony is a poster child for a thing that goes on all the time. It's in the news almost every day - Parent tortures and eventually kills child. (or allows the boyfriend to do it, which is the same) We just found a place to focus our outrage in her. I can only forecast discomfort for her the rest of her days.
Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 08:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think I'm never going to find another suitable job. Sad
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 08:14 pm
@Reyn,
I don't know what I would do if I had to seriously look for work. All I can suggest is to keep trying.