snood

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 06:27 pm
I think edgar's thread is one of the best of ALL TIME!
Diane

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 06:35 pm
@snood,
Amen, Snood; the same could be said of Edgar.

0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 06:41 pm
I think beauty and toughness often go together, especially in the desert.

The most beautiful blossom can grow in the crack in a rock. Cacti often have stunningly beautiful blooms.

There are a few people I know who are like that, strong and tough, with true beauty beneath the veneer of toughness.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 07:41 pm
Aw - Embarrassed
Thank you.
I needed something like this to refresh my connection to able2know.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 07:43 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Edgar, is this topic dead now?

edgarblythe wrote:
I think it has run it course.

edgarblythe wrote:
Now I can drop this thread. I was hanging in until it topped ten thousand views.

It just goes to show, you can't keep a good thinker down! Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 04:54 am
26a. I think something wild has taken some geese from the park. There were five, but lately the two males have been missing.
27a. I think my wife has a beautiful smile.
28a. I think my truck will run better now that I have tightened a loose battery connection.
29a. I think BBB will do much better, once she is over the surgery.
30a. I think executing the Mexican national yesterday, without giving him his full rights first, was a mistake. Not that anybody will miss his sorry ass.
msolga

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:32 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm enjoying reading about what you think very much, edgar. Smile

Please continue now.
msolga

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:18 pm
@msolga,
I'm a little concerned, edgar.
Since my complimentary (I thought) post above, you appear to have stopped thinking!
I hope I haven't put some sort of hex on you!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 05:55 am
@msolga,
I just think at 24 hour intervals, olga.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 06:25 am
31a. I think my wife will shortly be home from her walk. Saturday mornings, she brings back donuts.
32a. I think the political process makes less and less sense to me. The greatest motivator in my lifetime was the combined Great Depression and WWII. A great tidal wave of movement for and of all segments of the people, gradually waning and losing all momentum by now.
33a. I think the loss of the Webb telescope will be a stupid blunder.
34a. I think the yard desperately needs mowing. Oh why did my son grow up and move away while there was still grass out there?
35a. I think I ought to finish replacing the rest of the siding. But it's too darn hot.
msolga

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 08:25 am
@edgarblythe,
Right, I see.
See you in 24 hours then, edgar. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 09:30 am
@edgarblythe,
I know Austin has been having some torid climate at 100 degrees plus, so you guys must also have the same heat problems.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 09:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
We get the heat, plus extra humidity, CI.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 10:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Didn't know about that humidity, but the heat in Austin has kept me away. Will consider a visit when it cools down a bit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 06:56 am
36a. I think Derek Jeter is one heck of a great ball player, even though he has never made a single touchdown.
37a. I think the latest film of True Grit is okay, although I like my heroes to be heroic, rather than drunken old fat men, who are no longer at the top of their form.
38a. I think I am through babying my fig tree. It is several years old and I never get good figs. Usually the birds beat me to the good ones. Last year an excess of rainfall caused them to go bad. This year, they dried up and became hard little balls before they had a chance to ripen, due to the drought.
39a. I think my oldest daughter's move to Austen is eminent. Then, all of my children will be non Houston area residents.
40a. I think the average American citizen is screwed. The big boys make the economic problems, then they want to put the cost of it solely on our shoulders.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

34a. I think the yard desperately needs mowing. ...
35a. ... But it's too darn hot.

Edgar, haven't you basicly answered your own questions here? Is there not a drought in your area?

Too hot, don't mow. Cut grass will dry out quicker than longer grass, won't it? Wink

Problem solved! Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:32 pm
@Reyn,
It's hard to explain to the neighbors with their scalped yards why my grass is knee deep.
Reyn

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Just tell them that you're concerned about the environment and potential fire hazards. Very Happy
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:39 pm
@Reyn,
You don't think kee deep grass in a drought is a fire hazard?
Reyn

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 02:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Pay a neighbourhood kid in those nice figs to cut the grass then. Laughing
0 Replies