Mr Nice

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:56 am
I think the person above me is a tidy person.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:45 pm
Hello, Mr Nice. A pleasure to hear from you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:07 pm
966. A pause, to consider some friends. May their current ordeals end with health and happiness restored.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:08 pm
A very nice thought.... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:20 pm
967. Well, the heat of summer is forecast to end, on this night, for the Houston area. Today's high was about 86. Tomorrow's high should be 70. I just barely made it for another season. These blistering months without letup, from, usually, about June through late September, are too much for me. All the more reason to seek another, lighter, job, about July. My co-worker will be expecting me to perform some heavy labor throughout the winter, but, I'm going to explain my situation to him, and we should be just fine. I love the place I work; want it to last forever, but, I will have had sixteen years there, so, that's enough, I guess.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 07:50 pm
And besides, retirement is creeping up real close now. You don't want to do yourself an injury that will follow you into those years.

Next summer, right?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 07:59 pm
July i7, for sure.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:51 am
edgarblythe wrote:
July i7, for sure.

Well, there you go then. It's not too soon to start planning that exit strategy. Edgar, you have to look out for yourself, because no one else will.

Have you been firming up your ideas on the business idea you proposed a while back?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 04:41 pm
I've been out of it with the heat and other personal problems. Haven't had the opportunity to think about it. But, that's not to say it won't happen. Just need time to get it together.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 07:13 pm
968. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:51 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I've been out of it with the heat and other personal problems. Haven't had the opportunity to think about it. But, that's not to say it won't happen. Just need time to get it together.

I really hope it does work out. It sounds like a nice idea. I wish I was handy with my hands.

edgarblythe wrote:
968. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

haha, I like this thought! Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 09:25 pm
969. Until there is a change in the American eletorate, it doesn't much matter who gets elected next time.

970. I started out, much enamored of the Harry Potter books. By the time I finished number four, I no longer particularly cared how the series ended. I credit this to my age. If I were very young, this series would have ranked high among things that are important, for many years to come.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 05:44 pm

My Self-Destructive Life

Chorus l
Don't wear black for me
From love or sympathy
My self-destructive life's
Been a troubadour's delight

Verse l
Hoist up a round or three
Drink to clown called destiny
Don't say a prayer
Never have been a Main Street player

Chorus ll
Don't bring flowers and wreaths
Choke over memories
Been a troubadour's delight

Bridge
Once you were a love to me
Found how warm a home could be
Our feet went on fire
Too indiscreet to be a liar

Verse ll
Set up a round again
Drink it with a smile my friend
Who knows the whole truth
Never believe it without the proof

Chorus lll
Don't carve a monument
Pay the poor children's rent
Been a vagabond's delight

(Not that I'm planning on going anywhere).
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 10:45 pm
I think I am happy now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 07:45 pm
972. The cold nights and mild days have made my dog revert to puppy-hood. She acts the same way she did when I wrote this song lyric:

Now I got a dog that needs to roam
All around the yard and inside my home
I didn`t argue the why and what for
I just up and installed the doggie door
She went out and peed
And ran per her need
I thought all was wonderful and well
But that door made my life a living hell
She`s a fifty pound pup called a lab
And what she wants to chew on she`ll just grab
Like new shoes and sox
And porch support posts
I lost two ten foot banana trees
The dog got bored and took them down with ease
She once put in the wife`s sleeping face
A sopping wet azalea's root (mud laced)
Brings in long tree tops
Insects even rocks
Tree chippers prob`ly make better pets
And are a lot less stressful on the vets
All in all I`d say the dog`s a turd
But I love her so just take my word
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 07:35 pm

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/Mitchell__kids.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 09:46 am
974. Me, a brother, and on the right, a neighbor kid.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/6_on_right_neighbor_Virgil_Barber.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 07:45 pm
975. Copied from my thread, Sunflower Sutra

There are those who think of me as a poet. I am not one of them. James Joyce also tried to write poetry. Some of his works are adequate, but, if I am not mistaken, he saw himself as a failed poet. Ginsburg, in my view, wrote some true poems, plus an array of failed or near poetry. Sunflower Sutra paints a very good abstract of himself and Kerouac, and his "sunflower" vision, and to me it is a great poem, one of his best. Allen Ginsburg is the sort of writer I like to revisit every so often to shake up my own vision a little. Not so that I would emulate other writers in my own work, you understand, but, because the mind can otherwise grow dull.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:02 pm
Got something short on honor / freedom / lying?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:19 pm
976. Honor? You stand up and be true. Harm no one. If you go down, do it on your own terms.

Freedom. Recognize you are part of humanity. The trick is to be free in your person, without treading on the lives of others; yet, as a part of a community, to do one's part, socially. No man is an island . . .

Lying, as in deceit and treachery. I am not put together that way. I may voice contradictions, but not dliberate lies. (I may give the gentle lie to spare someone from distress, but we all are like that).
0 Replies