Butrflynet

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 09:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Great news about your sister.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 04:35 am
Thank you. She was smart, getting help immediately. She told me of an inlaw of hers I never met having a similar lump and waiting three years. Now, it is questionable if she is going to survive.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

My sister had a lumpectomy recently. She had radiation the other day. They tested the lymph nodes and was okay. I think she will be okay.

Good for her. My best friend back Stateside recently had malignant melanoma removed from his back as well as some lymph nodes for testing. As far as I understand, his lymph nodes checked out OK, but he's not very communicative about the details.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:59 am
@edgarblythe,
My best wishes to your sister and family over the success of catching that cancer.

Congrats to you and then Moringa tree. I keep seeing products in health food stores with it as an ingredient. I never saw it before you mentioned it here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 11:58 am
I dry moringa leaves and also eat fresh ones. I have yet to get any seeds and the few blossoms it once had were stolen by birds. I am lax in my vegetable eating habits. These leaves are important to help me fill the gaps.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:16 pm
Our new lead maintenance is a wonder. I worked with him repairing sidewalks today. He did the heavy parts and I worked along with him. He told me he asked the boss to buy him a jackhammer so that he can repair the driveway, which is a square U shape around the back and sides, with a small parking lot out front. I have seen others brag about their abilities, but he is the first to do something about it. (I'm glad I only work two days a week. I wouldn't survive being around him every day)
ossobuco

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Great to hear there is a capable new lead!
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:26 pm
@ossobuco,
I can leave there knowing the place is in good hands. Great office staff, outstanding maintenance staff.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 08:58 pm
Elizabeth Warren was defending Hillary. Give her a chance, she asks. She said at the same time she is not going to run. Do I sense a VP or Secty of State deal in the making?

Got into the poison ivy again. Fortunately I had a new bottle of H3O on hand.

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Now people are urging her to run for Harry Reed's position in the Senate, but she will have an uphill battle since she hasn't been there long enough.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/03/patty-murray-harry-reid-senate-majority-leader
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:25 pm
I don't think she would get Reed's spot. I suspect too many Dems are afraid they will lose out on too many bribes - er, donations, if they align with her.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 07:50 pm
Visited with my beautiful daughter today. And her hubby. Nice guy, the hubby. Rocky only jumped on him once. He drives limos and such. Today they were in a white bus. He was working. Tomorrow my baby sister will stop by. That ups my visitors roster from last month by 200%.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2015 10:02 pm
My baby sister can find the gold in a lump of warthog dung. She is the most positive member of my family. The rest of us are cynical, grasping, hateful, judgmental, trouble makers. Variously. We are not all of those at once, but when the occasion arises. People can work to destroy her peace of mind. They can swindle her. Yet she has no hate for anybody. She helps me with my equilibrium, quite often, just by having these talks, such as we had this day. It was a nice long visit and then she drove herself home.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 02:32 am
@edgarblythe,
There is "always" one in the family that provides us with thoughts we would never have considered, such as love for all... no matter what she sounds like a wonderful lady.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 10:42 pm
In a week, the new freeway through Tomball will open. Don't know how soon they will begin collecting tolls. I am of the opinion that tax money ought to pay for infrastructure. I don't plan to use it.

The Grand Parkway, just a little closer to home, is still under construction. It keeps our traffic snarled all the time. Can't say I like all this growing. Traffic is already nearly intolerable, will only get worse every day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:20 pm
Had a nice afternoon and dinner with my oldest daughter today. Her husband, five year old and mother in law were there. It was a pleasant break from our normal Sunday routine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 08:17 pm
Thinking about herbs and supplements this evening. Many studies on them are pushed by big money interests, to get the results they need to make a quick bundle. The companies that sell herbs and supplements are also in it for the money and some of them do not give what they advertise. Money is the lynchpin in almost everything these days. Last week, there was a stir, because, somebody said, there is arsenic in cheap wine. Two days later a news story I heard on TV told us that cheap wine is better for us than the expensive stuff. I don't defend every herb and supplement. I don't have the experience. But to make a blanket statement that herbs only do placebo is ridiculous. Anybody that ever needed and used saw palmetto knows that's bull. Some think that if an herb or supplement does not magically fix something in a day or so it is worthless. But herbs and supplements should be a part of the diet and do their work in the same way broccoli, beef or spinach does. Before big money took over everything that was understood.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:07 am
@edgarblythe,
I gave away my herb books to the habitat for humanity folks (not all their books at their Re-store are in pristine shape). Others can use them now. De-accessioning is often painful. I still cook with herbs or seeds most of the time and I can look stuff up to refresh my memory re their benefits if I want to.

For example -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil
see column to the right of the page
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 07:55 pm
Went to clean the shed roof and cut growth away from the fence line. There are times when I have seen Rocky run around the shed clockwise/counter clockwise again and again. I wondered what he was after, but he chases everything from bugs to cats. Today, as I stood on the roof to cut the yupons back, I came eye to eye with a possum. It perched at the very top of a yupon, and it was obvious it had gone up there to get away from Rocky. It was too terrified to realize it had only to go down the trunk on the neighbor's fence side to avoid the dog. This was an old possum, judging by the weather-beaten tail and its size. I left it there when finished and Rocky finally lost interest.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 08:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
We had possums under our house for a while. I liked them. I remember one late at night on a branch on our liquid ambar tree. I don't remember now if the possum was static or not when I showed up.

The crew of them left, not clear to me why.
0 Replies