Butrflynet

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 07:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
I saw the photos of your fence art. Soon, with enough of them made, you will be able to have your own storyline version of the Berma Shave signs leading up to your property.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 07:45 pm
bink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 07:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
I think I will make as much stuff as I can without peddling any, until I quit my job. Then any money I get will be more needed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 08:40 pm
I didn't watch most of the movies about Vietnam, when they were popular. I tried Apocalypse Now, but zonked out sound asleep once Marlon Brando's character appeared. The only other exception was Good Morning Vietnam. Lately I have been catching up, beginning with Born on the Fourth of July. I totally relate to that film. I just saw one starring Michael J Fox and Sean Penn. Casualties of War, I think. They bring back all the anti war sentiment I felt then and they help me wonder why people learned nothing from the experience. But I am aware the perpetual war thing has actually been in force the whole of our history. I want to stop and get off. Henry Miller wrote that every soldier is to him just a cold blooded killer. I want us to approach that, but I am not saying turn on the present day troops. Always. I aim my shots at leadership. They are the ones who make a situation where the young men and women feel they've got to serve. Something has got to happen where humans get out of the killing business. I hate to think it may take near extinction of the species, but it seems that may be where it is heading. Vietnam and Cambodia and the rest are the most thoroughly reported war situations ever recorded. But they only made a temporary dent.
FBM

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 06:03 am
@edgarblythe,
After reading that, I googled a bit to find out how many years in its history the US has been at war. From the Wiki page alone, I found out that it would be a helluva lot smaller number if I counted the number of years we haven't been at war. Then I found out somebody had already done the checking for me. We've been at war during 214 out of ourr 235 calendar years of existence. Wtf, America.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:25 am
@FBM,
Adding to our neverending wars is the fact that we feed all sides of conflicts by the indiscriminate selling of and abandoning of weaponry. Not saying every single force out there gets our stuff, but far too many get it.
FBM

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:47 am
@edgarblythe,
True that...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 07:13 pm
It has rained almost every time I had an opportunity to work on my wood projects. So I spent the week fixing up storage and work areas, to be more conveniently accessible, as I have wasted far too much effort and time just running down tools and material.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 09:07 pm
Our winter too mild has unleashed something in the yard that has the dog scratching. So I mowed today, despite the fact I needed time to recover from the time spent on the job. That will get a lot of whatever it is out. He doesn't have fleas - I pay the vet plenty for his flea and heartworm meds. I will try giving him a bath tomorrow. I don't know how well he will cooperate as I have not been bathing him all winter, due to not wanting to give him a chill. Tomorrow it will be 80+.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:05 pm
Blue Buffalo gets slammed by a **** storm of new lawsuits
Story in my Over the Counter Deadly Remedies thread.

I was a busy little bee this day. Mowed back yard, cleaned mildew off on porch overhang, put together a fenceart project, cleaned the kitchen, put together the TV with the converter box, cooked a nice stew -
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 06:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Stew sounds yummy! My wife made orange marmalade chicken for my dinner, and it was also pretty good.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 06:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You can't beat a good stew after a long day, this time of year.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 08:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
I had beef stew myself. Mine was back of the freezer beef stew, but still tasty, lots of vegetables, good flavor. Not as spicy as my cooking usually is, but that fit for this stew.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 08:25 pm
I don't cook with many spices. Sometimes none at all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 08:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm gonna ask my wife to make stew for tomorrow's dinner. Thanks for mentioning it.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I started to cook up eggs, sausage and pancakes tonight, but had forgotten to buy pancake mix. So I was going to fall back on something else. But found I forgot to buy it also. I drove down and got some burgers. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:00 pm
Hope that stew hit the spot, CI.
I was tired today. I worked on the overhang of the porch and painted it. And I moved some boards and plywood. Didn't accomplish a lot more than that.

I'm having fun with the story I am currently writing. That makes it go more smoothly than some I've done.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 09:46 pm
Against my better judgment, I went to Taco Bell last night. They had shut down our favorite Mexican restaurant, so we went there. Firstly, I do not like sour cream. So they told me they could leave it out of my burrito. But the first bite tasted of sour cream. I unrolled the burrito to check it out. They had apparently removed sour cream from a burrito for me, but the taste was already set in the rest of it. The rest of it looked like somebody had dumped a week worth of leftovers together and mixed it up and then stuffed it in a burrito. I forced myself to eat some, but did not like it. Drank some colloidal silver immediately on arriving home. I definitely will not be returning.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 08:02 pm
I started buying dog treats at Petsmart, because they ousted products that have Chinese origins for ingredients. Then bought some tilapia filets for myself. After eating a few, I read the label. Mm hmm.

Going to be painting and scraping stairs again tomorrow. I plan to take it slow and easy and not come home sore and exhausted.

I put bird netting on some of the plants this past week. Never used it before. As smart as those creatures are, it will be no surprise if they get past it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 09:19 pm
The moringa tree is almost in full leaf now. It doesn't appear to be making blossoms or seeds again this year.

My sister had a lumpectomy recently. She had radiation the other day. They tested the lymph nodes and was okay. I think she will be okay.