edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:22 pm
I have had them get under the house and have litters and some even died there. I think I have all of the holes plugged now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:23 pm
dern site.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:29 pm
Felt somewhat sluggish today. I did a few things, but only a few. Only wrote a few paragraphs. Changed the tire on my wife's car. Explained to someone at the gate I don't want to go back to Reliant for electric service. "I don't trust them." Walked around the yard several times. Napped about four. Maybe tomorrow will be nicer. It is supposed to rain more, but that's the cycle our weather is stuck in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 03:15 pm
I was the first one in the Houston area to set up by the highway to sell plywood cutouts for Christmas, so far as I know. I made decent money and never had any left over. I took checks and got burned for $300 one time. But the rest of the customers were the best. Too much competition brought down sales and I eventually closed up shop. My last attempt was for Easter. I made a stack of these Roger Rabbits, from a picture out of the newspaper. But, not one person showed interest in them. It shows that you can only guess at public acceptance. Nothing is guaranteed.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10995479_10205596236041894_8876753528533275058_n.jpg?oh=8846c33d3a17ec89c379487c3d388946&oe=559AD342&__gda__=1436256061_e5edb8be228871540f8d2aefe0612e2d
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 05:05 am
My thread called Another Day When there is no God is meant in fun. Too much serious conversation yesterday almost killed my buzz. But I think I got the antidote this morning.

About to go to work. More painting the stairs. Much fun.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 09:30 pm
I was criticized for posting without specifically naming the person the words are aimed at. I have never in all my years on the forum done that, except when truly necessary. If others here feel offended by my style of addressing you, please let me know. If enough agree, I will change.

FBM

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 09:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Are you talking to me?

j/k Wink
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 09:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sometimes no names are necessary. The message still gets through.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 09:55 pm
@FBM,
I'm talking to YOU.

Sir
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 09:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
My feelings perzackly.
FBM

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 09:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heeheehee...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 10:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
What word? You mean the word 'think'?

Thinking is actually a fairly think subject these days, science wise.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:01 pm
I never knew Gore Vidal wrote those movies about Billy the Kid. Billy the Kid and The Left Handed Gun. Nothing to make out of it. Just mildly surprised.

Tomball's toll road opened Sunday. Holy crap, I says, on learning it is $!.45 each way. That's $29 a month you never had to spend before. Being a tax and spend Democrat-leaning independent, I believe roads should be paid for by tax money alone.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 09:12 pm
Holy moly. It has rained steadily and heavily for a long time now. I hope it gets it all out by morning. Not that I have any place to go, but the wife could stand a break. My land is on a very long and gradual slope, so we are in no danger of flooding. I was reminded tonight of the rains that used to pour like a river across my back yard and undermine the blocks holding up the corner of my mobile home. I had to dig a trench along the back fence - set in about four feet, actually - and put on the edge some old railroad ties to keep the sandy soil from easing back in. Then I bent the trench at one end and left it open, to allow the stream to fan out over the water company property next door. The reason for the stream, they built a school at the edge of the neighborhood and that gathered the water at one point to run into the cul de sac on the other side of the fence and continue into my yard.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 09:47 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

What word? You mean the word 'think'?

Thinking is actually a fairly think subject these days, science wise.

Wasn't sure what you meant here. I was referring above to Frank's criticizing the way I responded to him without addressing him by name on another thread.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 09:16 am
@edgarblythe,
That was a typo - I meant fairly thick subject, science wise. It was also a tangent about the act of thinking, which I wrote because I've been reading a lot of articles about the brain and thinking and memory lately, mostly in the New Yorker.

But - re your question above about your posting style - I've always been fine with it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 07:52 pm
Filled out my paperwork today. A bigger company swallowed the one I have been working for. I don't anticipate any changes.

Constantly raining this week. There are puddles in the yard where there never are puddles.

I am going to contact the last man to run the neighborhood association tomorrow or during the coming week. He is a hard man to catch. I need to find out what he knows about starting a new, legitimate, association. I am ready to get it funded and repairing the streets.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 09:16 pm
Preparing for climate change. Burying 55 gallon drums of water.

Not really. I just now wondered if anybody else thought of it and if some might do it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 07:18 pm
I thought very much about quitting my job today. The notion passed, after I came home. It's really time, though.

The property will be in good hands. The new lead man is a natural. There seems nothing he can't do. I went to the boss today and said, "I've worked with some good maintenance men, but ------- is the king." All they have to do is treat him decently and turn him loose.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 08:23 pm
Trying to step up the pace of my writing. I have a manuscript I believe in, can't wait to have it finished.

I mowed the yard and did some cleaning today. I plan to get back on my projects tomorrow, if it stays dry.
0 Replies