edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 02:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
I built a second yesterday. Today it is cold out, so I have commandeered the living room to draw out the Headless Horseman. Making it 8' high and going to make the pumpkin under his arm of orange painted plywood, with a light behind the evil face. Subject to revision as the project progresses. I have it all drawn out, but need to tweak the head a bit and design a pumpkin face.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 02:54 pm
bink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 10:50 pm
It will be in the 20s in the morning. Then the slow warm up begins. Don't know if it will be good to work out in the afternoon. I hope so. Got lots of cutting to do. And gluing. And screwing. Don't know how I am going to move something so big and heavy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 10:28 pm
I got it finished, all but a few details. Can't wait to get it off the work table and stand it up. So far, all I have seen is the back of it.

I woke up with troubled knees. Yesterday, I moved boards and a thick sheet of plywood, numerous times, then got on my hands and knees to draw out my project. It was too cold to do it outside. I haven't worn the copper knee sleeves for about three days.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 09:31 am
Knees stiff but not painful. I did put the knee sleeves on, but I don't expect much from them.

Selma today. Still struggling for voting rights.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 11:04 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 05:48 pm
It rained all night and all day. More expected tomorrow. Nacherly I stayed indoors and watched TV and stayed on the computer.

I don't know what they will ask me to do at work tomorrow. If it's still raining, I will need something indoors.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 09:38 pm
I wish I had lost the net for a longer period of time. I actually was making much better progress with my manuscript. Better luck next time.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm facing completely losing it.

Be careful what you wish for.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 04:22 am
@ossobuco,
Losing just the net or your computer also?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:10 pm
We got two dry days, after three days of non stop precipitation. Now it's raining again. It hasn't been many years since we had the kind of drought that killed millions of trees and other plants. Earth may have to copy Mars and just quit trying.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'll tell you more when I know more.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 09:48 pm
Finally got enough dry weather to do a few projects. The fenceboard art is big enough to cause storage problems. I spent much of today adding a new wing on my shed, expressly for them. So far I have two horses and one headless horseman. I plan to make as many as I can and just store them there. Then, when I get ready to retire, take them out and peddle them.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 09:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
If you are able to do so, would love to see you post a photo of them so we can see what it is you are creating.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 03:00 pm
i'm not bleeding on the outside yet
don't lick my buttons shep
my heart pleading at the outset
don't lick my loafers shep
maybe a trickle
get away dog
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 07:48 pm
I spent the weekend making a secure place to store my fenceart, as I call it. I had the big one safely inside, by about two minutes, when the neighbor woman asked to see it. So I let her see The Headless Horseman. She was raised in Japan and had no familiarity with Irving's Legend, although she knew Rip Van Winkle. She was complimentary, but she liked the other one better, the plain horse. Putting the horseman away, I tripped and got it wedged between me and a vertical surface. I had to force it away from me and did some damage where his arm cradles a pumpkin. It should be easy enough to repair, later on.

I quit using the knee sleeves. I don't think they helped me, but as I mentioned already, I don't suffer from arthritis.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 08:06 pm
Open handguns are on the verge of getting Texas govt. approval. I can see one facet of it, now. A parent takes the kid to drop off at daycare, on the way to work. The parent unbuckles said child and helps the kid out of the F150. While the adult's hands are busy, the kid says, "What is this?" grabbing the handgun out of the shoulder holster. "It's a gun. Put it back." BLAM
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 09:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
You have my complete despair.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 10:36 pm
It's not a hundred percent law, yet. But the new guys elected seem even more extreme than Rick Perry.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 10:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think our arrangement of representatives and senators is going to kill us.

So many millions don't count.

0 Replies