edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 08:56 pm
It was simple. I clicked on the ghost at the top of the page and it allowed me to enable gravatar. Problem solved.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 08:57 pm
worked.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 08:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ahhhhhh, good, so good.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 09:01 pm
It is definitely Ghostery blocking Gravatar. Here's a link on their site that explains why they do.

https://www.ghostery.com/en/apps/gravatar

I'm still looking for a way to customize and enable Gravatar for you. I've read that most people accept an automatic upgrade to the site list for blocking trackers. If it works like anti-malware detection sites, there should be a way to view the list of blocked tracker sites and enable a specific one.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 09:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Cool.

Now, if it happens again after it has done an update to the tracker list, you'll know how to fix it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 09:34 pm
@Butrflynet,
It was so simple I should have thought of it right away.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:52 pm
I finally got up the gumpshun to put together my horse project. Turned out pretty well. It is made to look like a full size horse shape in the guise of a picket fence. People who have one would make it part of the garden decor. They could put a shelf for a planter box in the middle of it, or put it among shrubs and flowers - whatever the imagination conjures. I plan to take it to work tomorrow, to see what the staff thinks about it.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 07:37 pm
The weather went south today, so I left my horsey to home.

We spread mulch today. I pushed a dolly loaded down with bags of it, two times, from the shed to the beds. Went ahead of the lead man dumping it in beds as he spread it around with a shovel. More of the same tomorrow. My back is a bit sore and both of my knees are groaning in protest. Fortoonately, I get a five day weekend to recover.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 08:29 pm
We mulched and planted daffodils today. My knees are okay, but the lower back on one side is calling me out as a sorry bastard. **** it if it can't take a joke.

I saw a photo today of a nine year old boy before a judge, in shackles, for the crime of stealing gum. Jees. By that criterion, they likely would have shot me for stuff I did at the same age.
FBM

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/Rottenecards_4759117_4t3kchpv4z.png
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 09:53 pm
For sure.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 06:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Re. Horses....Excellent idea. Do you mean a bit like those driftwood sculptures, Edgar?

What about some bug hotels? Keeps the eco food chain going in the garden and draws all manner of wildlife in.
(Sorry if you've already covered this on previous pages)
http://www.learninglandscapesdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/wildlife-trust-insect-hotel-1024x727.jpg

http://www.learninglandscapesdesign.com/insect-hotels/
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 08:05 am
@Lordyaswas,
I've never seen that before. I don't fully grasp what's going on there.

The horse is exactly what I said - a section of picket fence with the outline of a horse. It would be up to a proud owner to make it fit into their landscape, whether with flowers, shrubbery or whatever.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 01:38 pm
I officially did not place in the short story contest I mentioned a while back.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 09:38 pm
Had a bit of a problem with my hip today, as a result of moving the bags of mulch and working on hands and knees. I would not have such a problem if I still worked four or five days instead of two. Muscles like those have to be worked constantly to stay ready for such tough work. It was not really carrying the bags so much as the moving them on a worn out dolly. I would have put about four or five bags on it, but my co worker piled on seven. The dolly's wheels did not like the weight, plus, the caster wheels have bad bearings. I had to really strain to keep it all rolling in the proper direction, while putting my body into pushing the load. My knees were stiff by the time I got that mulch in place. It was after I got home and rested a bit the hip made walking extremely painful. I finally took a couple of over the counter pain pills, about mid morning. So far am doing okay now. Monday I will refuse to over exert myself like that.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 07:54 pm
My hip problem has moved around to the lower back, but it isn't very painful now. I have been through this a number of times in the past and it has always gone away. What always has worked for me, is to go easy until it gets better. But, I have to get smarter and try to avoid a next time.
Ragman

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 08:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
nodding in agreement. Feel better soon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:45 pm
The discomfort has moved from the back to its original location in the hip. As long as I move around it's no longer noticeable. I mostly think about it after sitting in this chair and then getting up. Tomorrow, the weather will be warm. Not sure if it is going to rain. If it's dry I will be painting. I can handle a couple days of that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 10:42 pm
Made a second of my horses today. Bought enough material to experiment with the Headless Horseman, made the same way, but with the pumpkin under his arm cut out separate and with evil face that lights up.

I have been wearing the copper knee thingies for a while. I don't know how to rate them for myself. I don't seem to have arthritis there, just worn down from years of overwork. At the top band, they irritate the skin a bit, possibly from being a bit too tight. My knees have been pretty good during this time, with the exception of the day I moved the bags of mulch. Went up and down twelve stairs and worked on my hands and knees rest of the morning, Monday and Tuesday and the knees were no bother. To sum it up: I don't know.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
I wonder if you will notice a difference if you stop wearing it and if that difference is from the copper or just from the support for the knee.

Glad you are feeling well enough to work on your horsies again.