glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 11:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Maybe someone was being removed from the house?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 11:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
So they can evict as in the Police can evict people over there? Aussie and all Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 04:25 am
It was not the typical eviction. Those don't take long at all. If the person does not leave when told to, their belongings get put at the curb and they get locked out. All in about a half hour.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:50 am
Anyway, some of the people spent the night there. I don't know how many are involved. It includes both houses over there. The cops were back this morning. One sat there for an hour and then there were six. I heard them beating on the door and yelling, "Come on out of there." A heavily built man came out and with his hands behind his back, walked out to the cop cars. Still the cops hung around. The vehicle they searched last night is gone. Now, they are focused on an F-150. At one point I saw a cop holding the people's little white dog on a leash. The number of cars has dwindled to three. There are small children that come out to play, most days, but I haven't seen them in two days.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 11:59 am
Now there is a wrecker there and a Rescue Recovery pick up. A worker for the water company next door said that he had seen a Mary Jay Juana plant growing in back.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 12:45 pm
They just loaded the big size Coca Cola machine on the truck. It's a big truck. Must be more to come.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 03:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Mary Jay Juana plant
I've never heard it called that Smile

That's un-usual, as we here, would raid the house for drugs. It looks like they were / are ensuring no one takes anything out of the house, yet I wonder what the bags were for then, obviously a small donation of that's all we have, until the coke machine perhaps was located, maybe they didn't want to disrupt the children? Do it slower?

Lucky they didn't go out guns blazing.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 03:51 pm
There is at least one person inside the nearest home. There is also a sign that the cops apparently posted on a post by the house. Don't know what it's for. Don't want to be nosy and walk over there. Rolling Eyes There is a great pile of what appears to be trash behind the house. For months we wondered how they had so much trash to put out and to haul to nearby business dumpsters. I figure they were stealing everything they could get their hands on and then trashing out what they didn't need. Anyway, the cops are all gone. There are no vehicles on either property. We saw a woman go in the front door. Maybe we can get back to normal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 08:44 pm
It's 9:15 PM and there is another cop in their driveway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 03:12 pm
This from the local news:

An observant neighbor is being credited with helping bust a theft ring in north Harris County.

Uniformed Precinct 4 deputies moved everything from heavy equipment to small tools during the operation.

"From power tools to TVs, lawn equipment, I think there was even a Coke machine stolen," said Chief Mark Herman with Precinct 4.

It was part of a two-day operation that started Sunday in Glenloch with a burglary call. An observant neighbor got a license plate number and likely had no idea that he was leading investigators to a scene they now say may help crack dozens of burglary cases in two counties.

A mobile home on (deleted) seemed to have an almost endless supply of power washers, air compressors, weed eaters and chainsaws. There were inside goods, too, like computers and other electronics.

Deputies finished off the first day by towing off a stolen car.

And when they went back Monday with guns drawn and a K-9, they found a second stolen car that wasn't there the day before. One man was questioned and handcuffed on the scene.

"We'll be putting the puzzle together, so to speak, and presenting more charges to our DA," said Chief Herman.

Just how many victims and how much is all the stolen loot worth? That will be part of the puzzle.

As they pulled away with county trailers full of goods, the handcuffed man was hauled straight to jail.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 05:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
And when they went back Monday with guns drawn and a K-9,

And, they didn't warn their neighbours that they were going to do that and to stay inside?

SERIOUSLY?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 05:48 pm
That's the way it went down.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:00 pm
Rocky has developed a relationship of sorts with a squirrel. The squirrel comes down and taunts him until he gets interested and then jumps through the trees and lands on the roof. It runs up and down the length of the house with Rocky running along barking. He has been after this squirrel for weeks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 06:28 pm
It has been a nice day, over all, even though I had to work, we had heavy rain and mrs edgarblythe is recovering from the flu. For those younger than me: It ain't so bad. I try to keep healthy by eating certain foods, taking some supplements and tonic. I've taken to riding the old excercycle on days off. If done right, it gives you a real workout. Now that the heat is moderating, I can mow the yard and work on my projects again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 09:41 pm
We went out for dinner. Friggin cook fried the **** out of my fish and chips. The fish was so hard and crunchy, and that, plus the heavy breading, made it difficult to tell what I was supposed to be eating. I should have sent them back, but I didn't want to sit there that much longer. I had a brother in law in a long ago past that sent back every plate he got in every restaurant where he ate. I think he just enjoyed making people fuss over him.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 10:56 am
@edgarblythe,
Interesting! I had fish and chips in Cork today, the real thing! I also had it with one pint of Guinness in a real Irish pub. We'll be leaving Ireland shortly, and head towards Canada. Will be crusing for the next three days. Nothing but leisure on my schedule.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 11:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
I bet that's one of the best places for fish and chips. I had ice tea.
I saw a speck of Canada from a ship, on the west coast. We were headed for Seattle. All I could see on land was forest.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 12:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hate that kind of fish and chips, to put it mildly compared to my real feelings.
A lot of fish available at restaurants in Albuquerque is made that way, such a disappointment to someone who lived near the shore in northwest California..
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 12:28 pm
@ossobuco,
The cook is new there. I never had such bad food in that same restaurant. If I go back in a few months and it's still the same, I will not be such a pushover.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 10:19 pm
Lone Star Beer, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz - These are some of the brands just bought by a Russian company. I don't think I like that. Miller, anyone?