edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 04:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Some people would make gun ownership mandatory. I personally felt mush better after I lost my last gun. I didn't really lose it. A police officer saw it when I wasn't looking and stole it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 04:30 pm
I had gone to my mother in law's house, because she called to say there was a prowler out in the darkness. She didn't mention that she also called the police. I figured I knew who was prowling and I took my pistol along anyway. We never found anybody.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 05:51 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/s600x600/10565210_685512064875184_1063907844588420774_n.png
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 05:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
So are our police departments, our local, state and federal governments, and the increasing gap between the wealthy and the middle class.

It's truly pathetic and sad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 05:26 am
If you are black you may not necessarily be a thug, punk or rapist, but you are still in the wrong. According to you probably know who:

HOUSTON--- Joe Ballard has never been homeless a day in his life, but at the Harris County tax office, he says a Precinct 1 deputy constable made him feel that way.

"He was wrong," said Ballard. "He was just flat out wrong."

Ballard said the deputy denied him a very simple request of using the public restroom while he was downtown bidding on properties at the county auction.

"He told me I can't use the restroom. I said why not," said Ballard. "He said we've been having problems with the homeless people using the restroom, and I said I don't have anything to do with that. He said well you look like you're homeless."

Ballard claims he presented the deputy with paperwork proving that he was conducting business at the county auction, and even offered to show his ID.

"He said don't make no scene," said Ballard. "Just leave the building or I'm going to take you to jail."

Ballard admitted he was dressed casually that day but believes he shouldn't have been mistaken for being homeless. So he left the building and lodged a formal complaint at Precinct 1. Officials there said they are treating the allegations seriously.

"Anytime we get a complaint on an officer, you've got to look at it," said Precinct 1 Constable Spokesman J.C. Mosier. "We're not always right. We know that. Everybody makes mistakes. We all make mistakes."

Ballard believes the treatment he was subjected to was one of those mistakes.

"Everybody downtown is not homeless," said Ballard. "Everybody black downtown is not homeless."

Mosier said deputies have recently been asked to be more vigilant in county buildings because of criminal activity in public restrooms but added there's a fine line between vigilance and going too far.

Ballard's complaint remains under investigation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:16 pm
I signed on to a few writer's forums, but don't really want to talk, now that I can. Turns out, I don't want endless tips and advice and offering opinions on new work I mostly don't like. And threads are so long, I don't think anybody could have the fortitude to read even one all the way through. Guess I prefer to be dumb and do it my way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:31 pm
Just read a snippet about a French town that is named Death to the Jews. They are resisting pressure to rename their town. Gotta scratch my head.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Found an interesting link for that small hamlet in France.
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/12/5995107/the-origins-of-frances-ridiculously-anti-semitic-town-name
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:48 pm
Thanks, CI. It's hard to know what the residents there actually think of Jews, in the present, based on that article. But they must be pretty callous.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's just surprising to find something like that in the 21st century - especially after WWII.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 09:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I would have expected the authorities to change it with or without permission.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 06:57 pm
Texans football - Clowney be da man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:31 pm

Rocky at play
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:37 pm
More Rocky
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 09:34 pm
I was gratified our team looked like they were playing the game of football, today.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 07:09 pm
My sister in law has a problem with the A/C in her attic. I have never worked on the ones like hers. There is a probability I could fix it, but she lives a good distance from me and I don't have A/C in my truck. If I were several years younger, I would have immediately headed that way. I feel bad that I didn't offer, but I have to work tomorrow and all week long. I think that I am too old to take it on right now. I feel a prick of bad conscience, but I have to pace myself anymore.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 07:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
At this juncture in your life, you need to know when you can't do something that's going to have a negative effect on your own health. Take a pass on that guilt; you have no reason for it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 07:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
You're neither at fault nor too old. She's at fault for living so far away.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 07:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Happy dog!!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 07:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Rocky has come to expect - nay, demand - his daily water fun. I am afraid to see my next water bill.