cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I guess it's a different time now. We never even thought of leaving our kids in the car when we're not there.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 04:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think you're OK, too. Edgar
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 04:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'll show you my eBay link if you'll show me yours. . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:43 pm
I haven't been posting about the Israel/Palestine situation. No matter which side you criticize, you get called a racist, or worse. I think the average citizen on both sides gets the short end of it all. I think they would be grateful if the fighting could be conducted a thousand miles away.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think I'll feel better tomorrow, after my grand daughter's surgery is completed successfully. She's only three and she fell on her elbow and fractured it. They were on vacation when it happened and were 90 minutes away from a hospital, she did get her arm semi stabilized, but had to come home so a surgeon could put in pins to make sure the bone doesn't shift. Anyhow, the operation is scheduled for 3 o'clock Friday. I'm sure it will go well, but I'll feel a lot better when it's all over.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 05:02 am
@glitterbag,
My younger daughter experienced the same thing when she was growing up. Still has the pin(s). I always hated she had to keep them in there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 05:51 pm
The movies always made the 21ST Century look - futuristic. But increasingly it looks like Hoover's America. Hope the coming new Hoovervilles fare better than the last one did.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:14 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The movies always made the 21ST Century look - futuristic. But increasingly it looks like Hoover's America. Hope the coming new Hoovervilles fare better than the last one did.

Hoovervilles with iphones.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:51 pm
Got called to the job today. A resident died in his apt. and I had to let the police in. He was a friendly acquaintance and a good man.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 03:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nothing like regular reminders that we are all mortals.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 09:49 am
For a long time, I have viewed birds as the living version of dinosaurs. Glad to see scientists feel the same way.

The lead cop yesterday wanted to bust through the door. I told him I was going to break out a window glass. He insisted that it's easier to repair the door. Obviously, he has never been the one left holding the bag. I hopped over the patio wall, to everyone's but my astonishment, and as I prepared to attack the window, the cop handed me the cop window busting tool. Smacked it right out of there. Later, I saw they had failed to reclaim the tool. I handed it to them through the empty pane. After I had the window glass in place and left, they were still standing in there, waiting, drinking bottles of water we provided them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 07:39 pm
Had a touch of diarrhea today. It was not lost on me that this coincides with the arrival of two ebola patients in this country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 08:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
oh oh! Well, it's unlikely you caught ebola at your location. It's necessary to come in contact with the secretions of the person with ebola. I believe there's a 21 day incubation period before symptoms are felt.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 08:37 pm
I think Americans will be fine. I wish they could get a handle on it over there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 09:22 pm
I am doing the third of a three week work week, in which I do five half days. Next week I revert to the regular schedule. I am physically exhausted when I come home, so I have not been writing. Next week I should be back at it.

On ebay I have an item that is not getting much interest. I had it for $85 and I pay postage. I lowered the price by $15 today but withdrew the offer to pay postage. So it looks cheaper now, but will actually bring in the same money, if it sells.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Grand daughters surgery was successful, bones anchored in place, now just have to get thru the healing process. She's like her Dad, has to learn everything the hard way.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Good, glitter.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks, Jo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 04:52 am
Good that it's done and healing. Being young helps a bunch.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:43 pm
Rocky has his first annual appointment on Friday. I am practicing getting him to sit when he feels most stressed, which is when I go out the gate, to leave for work. It is getting easier.
0 Replies