JTT

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 02:46 pm
@glitterbag,
You're a real riot, gbag. Like you've never heard of ignore before. You are grandmotherly only in your senility.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Believe it or not, the subject of athlete salary was covered during my Econ 101 course. Your conclusion on the subject is spot on!
I believe the textbook we used was by Samuelson; the same one used at UC Berkeley.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
I oughtta be prefesser. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:54 pm
I've let myself get dragged back a few steps, re my participation on this forum. But I am through with all that. Let the ones I have ignored make the best of it. I am not responding to anything they post or that anybody posts about them. I generally ignore teabaggers, religious nuts, the obsessed and persons who are unspeakably rude. I don't mind if a person disagrees with me. It's all in how they present the disagreement. Setanta, farmerman, neologist, rex red and quite a few more have disagreed with me over the years and yet I admire them and continue to follow their posts. I am not here to measure my popularity, but to interact with the people I like on here.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 03:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.
Winston Churchill
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

JTT looks forward to responses. Put him on IGNORE.

JTT's blatantly hypocrisy is demonstrative of one with an obvious mental problem. He fits from one poster to another with his hypercriticism touching on any MINOR error which might reflect badly on the poster and then using it against them or he will twist what their post is all about. He does this to every poster. This COWARDLY blabbermouth poster TELLS YOU NOTHING, NADA, ABOUT HIMSELF, YET HE BUSIES HIMSELF 24/7 trying to find faults with other posters because they don't join him in tearing down the US every waking hour.

The Internet is filled with crackbrained posters like JTT. He repeats the same ole litany ceaselessly....like how many times can a poster repeat the same old theme unless of course he has a screw loose. I believe JTT to be an outpatient and when he was away for a brief period of time he most likely was in a straitjacket or heavily medicated with drugs to calm his hyperactivity of repetition.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:13 pm
As Robert has stated, We must police our forum or not - The decision is up to us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:30 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
And those who continues to feed this troll must have similar mental problems. How many times must they read that all Americans are terrorists? Don't they have better use for their time? I wonder.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 05:01 am
I was scheduled to be off today, but the boss asked me to come in to install some new shelves. Fine with me.

As much as I disliked spendius in the role of contrarian in the science threads, I miss his constant presence.
Ragman

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 05:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, to me it's like granny's wallpaper. Generally, it blends in innocuously but suddenly when it's not there, (A2K) thing are sort of a bit less constant and predictable. Some of us pick our preferred brands of comic relief in an odd fashion.

I do wish him well...even if I never understood his posted comments.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 08:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
In an echo chamber, he'd probably still yammer for a while, but he couldn't possibly do it forever... Silence. Complete ignore. Good for all involved, I think. Maybe he'll turn off the computer and walk outside and have a normal conversation with a human instead of being the self-appointed pie-hole of hypocritical pigeon-holed hate.

If the pie-hole bleats repetitive honks on ignore, does anyone hear? (that's a no, people.) My last JTT PSA for the day. Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 09:58 pm
I put two items on ebay. Now that I have started, I will likely keep it going. For one such as myself, the first step is a nearly insurmountable obstacle. After that, anything seems possible.

A friend will be getting cancer removed from a lung, tomorrow. Hoping all goes well.

Making abortion illegal does not stop abortion. It stops safe abortions.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 08:12 am
I was pulling weeds around one of my plants Thursday. I came up with poison ivy again. Fortunately I just received a new bottle of H3O. That almost cured it already. In a few minutes I will put a bit more on there to make sure it doesn't come back. With H3O it takes only minutes to stop the itching for good. With the worst cases it might take a bit more.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 08:30 am
http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2014/03/brendan-nyhan-backfire-effects-facts
Here Are 5 Infuriating Examples of Facts Making People Dumber

This is a factor I sort of noticed before, but failed to give it full credence.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:09 am
@edgarblythe,
That only explains why our government is broken to never recover again. There's no cure for DUMB.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 09:45 am
I tried to figure my age in the number of dog lifetimes, but the variables stymied me.

I saw a news story (News? On TV? Don't make me laugh.) about reality shows on cable. Seems a sizable portion are going for gratuitous nudity. I guess the Fifty Shades of Grey factor kicked in.

I wonder, can figs be frozen and still be good for eating?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 09:52 am
@edgarblythe,
I didn't know either, found this, which goes into details on freezing them:

http://www.pickyourown.org/figs.htm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 10:09 am
Thanks. I have been picking and eating and sharing with the birds. Time to freeze some.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:13 pm
A man who grew up with my nephew has become a successful cartoon voice, among other things. He and my nephew had a band that played local gigs. They played for the Fourth of July barbecues we had. In Appleseed Alpha (now on DVD and Blueray) he plays this character:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/q71/s720x720/10557690_10203225792418145_6166752334899153562_o.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:59 pm
Almost daily we read about children and animals left in hot cars. When my children were small, I didn't leave them in the car, ever, regardless of the temperature. They are so vulnerable in there. I had a fight with my first wife one time, when she wanted to leave our boy sleeping in the car, while we browsed in a store. It didn't matter to me that we only intended to be gone a few minutes, I just couldn't do it. Thinking back, it was one of the more sensible decisions I ever made.