edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 07:22 pm
I agree that if an actor or athlete brings in the money they ought to be paid accordingly. Regardless of how anybody else feels about it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 07:22 pm
bump
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:24 pm
I get aggravated with some youtube people. They will post a video, for instance, John Denver . Take Me Home Country Road, but it turns out to be a cover by the poster. If they can't be honest enough to put their own names up there I am not going to give them a chance.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 07:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If they can't be honest enough to put their own names up there I am not going to give them a chance.

That is pretty damn dishonest, Ed. Do you think that's worse than believing a lie your government tells you even when you are faced with overwhelming proof illustrating it's a lie?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:06 am
The first of my grandchildren to leave the nest. He moved to Austin the other day. Plans to attend the university. His Houston job transferred him. Good luck, boy. Make yourself proud.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:06 pm
Worked in the heat nearly six hours today. By the time I got home I was getting nauseous. Snoozed in the easy chair over an hour. Had a small lunch. I don't care what comes up tomorrow, this ain't happening again.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Next time you feel that way, take a cold shower or, at the least pour cold water over your head to quickly get your body temp down.

I was feeling a little like that today after pulling weeds and then doing the grocery shopping and putting it away. I was sweating like a pig for a little while and then i think i ran out of sweat and started getting very overheated. The cold shower helped a lot, along with a large glass of iced tea.

I won't be trying to do that again during the hottest part of such a hot day.

Hope you are feeling better too, Mr. Blythe. Every time I see your A2K name, it reminds me of my favorite Anne of Green Gables characters, Gilbert Blythe being one of them. Just enjoyed the memory again and wanted to share it with you.

BBB sends her regards.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:14 pm
As soon as I got home I got as cold as I could get immediately. The reason I pushed myself that hard, a 90 year old woman had been suffering the heat over the week end, because she was too considerate of maintenance to call a request before Monday. I was going to get that A/C to work, no matter how long it took.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
You are a hero to many, Edgar.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:23 pm
@Butrflynet,
I agree.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's great, Edgar. There should be more like you!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:51 pm
I don't think such a thing makes me special. I just wish more people had the opportunity to do the right thing and then followed up on it.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
It wasn't what you did that makes you hero-worthy, it was how you felt about getting it done.

Most hero's don't think of themselves as doing anything special. Nevertheless, we still like to give them a moment of honor.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
It's the thinking and action behind it is what impresses me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:28 pm
Had another encounter with an A/C today. 30 minutes before quitting. I put a new capacitor on there and had it working fine. A fifteen minute job. Then I decided the freon was too low. Took off the valve cap. There was no stem inside the valve. I was not able to get the cap back on it. Ended putting on a new cap, very tightly. Was going to put a filter on the copper line, which would have given me two valves to play with. Just in time, I saw a valve on a long stem, hiding behind some leaves. All I had to do was close it up, draw a vacuum, and charge it. These last are a slow process. I went home fairly late. Got a call after 6:30 PM from the maintenance guy on call. He asked if I would answer a call relating to the same A/C. Turns out the sequencer was failing. Got home at 8PM. Be happy when the lead guy gets back from vacation.
JTT

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:50 am
@edgarblythe,
Is this the same employer that tried to give you the heave ho, Ed?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 02:06 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Is this the same employer that tried to give you the heave ho, Ed?

Can you just give it a rest?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 02:07 pm
@glitterbag,
JTT looks forward to responses. Put him on IGNORE.
JTT

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 02:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Like Frank, CI, MiT, gbag, ..., you just have no conception of hypocrisy, gbag.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 02:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's good advice, thanks.