edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 05:04 am
I strongly suspect the guy ruined the light fixture, which costs lots and is not easy to replace. In a few hours, I will learn the truth. Last time we replaced one, I searched long and far to find a light that size, with 100' of cord. I sincerely hope he has been trying to install a dud light bulb.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 05:09 am
bump...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 01:41 pm
So, I ordered a new light for over $300. Leaving the fixture full of water so long did its work.
JTT

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 03:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
And saved those ingrates' butts for a few dollars over minimum wage?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 08:28 pm
I hate it when the local news carries so many tales of hit and run accidents. Why don't they try to save a life, instead of running? But, last night, a driver who hit a boy on a bike did stop. An angry crowd beat him nearly to death. I still believe stopping is the thing to do, but I hope I never have to see how it would turn out for me.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 09:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I had a friend who did it by surprise to her, hit a bicyclist, did stop, went into therapy for many years. The bicyclist was ok, though I suppose he too had opinions.

I'm interested in all this. I've family members who ride all over the place.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 09:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ugly, ugly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 09:44 pm
I did knock over a boy once. It was an unlighted neighborhood and the house I came to had no lights on at all. The builders had left enough remnants of the pine forest to block out any potential rays, so, I pulled up to the driveway, in pitch darkness. I paused, uncertain if I had made a correct approach, and then moved ahead, striking the boy at about a half mile an hour. He was not hurt at all. He said, "I thought you stopped to let me by." I apologized as profusely as I knew how, thanking my lucky stars no harm came from the incident.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 05:02 am
We picked out a new toy for Rocky. He had taken to destroying his chickens the same day we bought them. This bone-shape of a squeaky toy is tough. He loves it and so far his teeth can't penetrate it.

I saw a picture of an underground dog house, yesterday. It's designed to let a dog lie in the cool ground without having to dig. I doubt if I could afford to buy one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 05:06 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10170738_10151974954190877_1522489666_n.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:27 am
Oh, me. I think the alternator may be out on my truck. The battery light began intermittent flashing. I checked the battery connections. Negative busted. I rigged it enough I thought I could drive to the mechanic shop, but the engine died and I had to have a wrecker tow me to the shop. Reason I worry about the alternator is the speed the battery seemed to drain.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:41 am
Yep. Alternator out. Bucks. Dinero. Loot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 11:14 am
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHkIx3166Cf8HKdOPC-L34yv1V5vWH677efNcjM9EiAMKoEeGVRw
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 09:31 pm
I guess by now we all know Archie Comics is going to kill Archie. Does this mean coming issues will have blank pages?

anonymously99

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes. People do want to kill me. They are either secret about it or they're not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:05 am
Rocky was two, on the first. I wonder how old he must get, to lift his leg up high and mark things. He just lifts a foot off the ground several inches, now.

My smashed fingernail has almost grown back to normal. I've got to say, it's mighty handsome.

The new Kroger superstore will open, just up the road from here, on Friday. They will be selling furniture and other merchandise, in addition to the regular over-priced groceries. I don't mind so much, but the traffic has got to increase, substantially. I don't mind so much, but there is no traffic signal at the entrance to my neighborhood. I don't mind so much, but I already have to jump right into heavy traffic, to get out of here. I don't mind so much, but the other drivers seem to resent my jumping into the turn lane and riding it to the traffic light that regulates the flow to the Woodlands or Tomball. I don't mind so much, but some of them speed in front of me, then turn their heads to glare at me, like I'm a madman. I don't mind so much, but who knows how many of them carry guns. I don't - Ahh, skip it.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 06:26 am
Quote:
EB said: who knows how many of them carry guns. I don't

What, you don't carry a gun? I thought every yank packed one from the age of 6?
I hear they're so easy to buy over there that there are Gun Dispensing Machines in every city centre, you put in 20 bucks and out pops a 44 Magnum and a box of shells..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 11:49 am
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10174855_615896658497056_3382683733575561288_n.jpg
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 02:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
I too acknowledge that beauty, great beauty, love, compassion and many other fine qualities exist in many Americans.

Didn't that just make MM even more beautiful?
(No, not mysteryman.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 05:07 am
March was the first month without a US combat death in more than ten years. Let's keep pushing for more and more such months.

I am finally poison ivy free, for the first time in about a month. It was the worse case I have had in many years.