spendius

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 06:37 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
March was the first month without a US combat death in more than ten years. Let's keep pushing for more and more such months.

We had a year of that once ed and an MP stood up in Parliament to ask what the military was for.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 07:23 am
bump
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 09:23 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

March was the first month without a US combat death in more than ten years. Let's keep pushing for more and more such months.

Did that translate into no deaths of the innocents around the world that the USA is terrorizing daily, Edgar?

Did that stop the deformed babies being born caused by USA WMDs?

Has that put a stop to the daily deaths and maimings from the usa's indiscriminate, not to mention evil use of mines and cluster bombs?

Considering what so many have to go thru for their whole lives that has been caused by the USA, don't you think it's a bit much to be whining about a spot of poison ivy?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 11:03 am
If the US and Britain and other countries got out of the mideast there'd be ZERO combat deaths..Smile
Trouble is, the West can smell oil out there and they want their slice of it..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 05:10 am
I almost never write about sex. Even if I do, the passages are short and not explicit. A bit odd, because so many writers I love let it all hang out. Miller, Joyce, Lawrence, Southern, Roth - Maybe the other writers have inhibited me. Dickens, Dostoevsky, Poe, Irving, Cooper - On the other hand, I am essentially a prude. Don't like to share my sex life with the people. It doesn't disturb me if others enjoy themselves. Just don't bore me with the details.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 05:34 am
The Gospel of Jesus' Wife, or whatever they are calling it, seems authentic. So what? It dates to 800 years AD. If it dated to 1 AD, it might be worth paying attention to.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 02:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I almost never write about sex. Even if I do, the passages are short and not explicit.

I think you are right ed. The byways at the neural end of the operation are not really a subject for polite conversation and one wouldn't be being very explicit if those were left out. The matter is notably absent from the outpourings of those of your list that I have read. Which is most of them.

Some of the examples I have read of which display a degree of honesty have astonished me.

The mechanics have been done over often enough you have to admit and you have to go to a Hindu temple to see a depiction of anything even mildly surprising.

It is well known that prolonging coitus, seen as a feat, is best achieved by distracting the neural byways by such things as reciting the nine times table backwards. Or counting the prime numbers between 1 and 1,000. The latter is probably taking things too far. So it is obvious they are the more important aspect in those of us who are over 25, say.

One could not come close to explicit in their absence.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 05:00 pm
Quote:
EB said: The Gospel of Jesus' Wife, or whatever they are calling it, seems authentic.

Right mate, here's an extract-

Matt ch 8 - DEMONS IN MAN - "Leave us alone!"
JESUS - "On yer bikes, get into them pigs!"
(pigs go bananas and charge over cliff)
SWINEHERD - "Hey! what you done to me pigs?"
JESUS (to Peter) - "Come on mate let's do a runner!"
SWINEHERD - "That's it, run off yer yob, I know where you live! I'll tell your missus about you"..
(Later at home) JESUS'S WIFE - "What you bin doing today?"
JESUS - "Nowt"
WIFE - "I heard you done summat to some pigs"
JESUS - "You heard wrong. Stop yer nagging"
(Police arrive) SERGEANT - "Jesus of Nazareth alias the Messiah, the Christ and the Son of God, I have a warrant for your arrest on a charge of animal mistreatment"..
JESUS - "It weren't me, Peter done it!"
SERGEANT - "Wrong sunshine, we've got witnesses"..
JESUS - "Who grassed me up? I bet it was Judas!"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 08:38 pm
We went to the new Kroger store that opened today. It was tight getting in. Officers were directing traffic. The entire parking lot was jammed. We waved off the officer and drove out. We had done all we came for. They have let loose a monster in the neighborhood, as far as I am concerned.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 08:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
kroger wants to be walmart. really bad...
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 08:58 pm
@Rockhead,
They will never match Walmart's prices.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 08:23 am
Only 18% of eligible voters voted for Gov. Perry. Apathy is our worst enemy.

A new cold front may put us in the 30s, Monday night. I don't recall that ever happening, in April.

My moringa trees appear to be dead. I had hoped the roots would survive and sprout anew, but so far, it ain't happening.

Some of my grandkids are graduating highschool this year. I hope the ceremonies don't happen at the same time for any of them.
neologist

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 06:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
In our neck of the woods, Fred Meyer, a Kroger store leaves Walmart in the dust on customer service, not to mention prices on beer. Very Happy
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 06:03 pm
The two Kroger stores I frequent a couple of times a month are way more expensive for most items than the Walmarts and HEBs around here.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 06:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Some of my grandkids are graduating highschool this year.

Just in time to get in on the latest illegal USA invasion of some poor sovereign nation, right, Ed?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 07:17 pm
@neologist,
One of my late brothers in law had the answer to expensive beer. He switched labels between expensive and cheap. Nothing but the best for that old boy.
neologist

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 08:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
I find some of the expensive beers taste like fermented barnyard.
Trader Joe's store label generally trumps the rest.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 08:22 pm
@neologist,
I'm no connoisseur of beer. I stick to Lone Star, Miller and Miller Light.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have modest taste in beer, I like Miller, Corona ( it's a little light) Dos Eques, Molson's golden ale, and we have a fantastic Chinese restaurant that has expanded with a Japanese chef and now they offer sushi, sushimi and miso soup and a few Japanese dishes. All very good, usually I drink Chinese beer while I'm there but I don't remember the brands of chinese beers he offers.

I don't write explicitly about sex either. I'm not at all interested in others sex life, Im interested in mine. I can't imagine anyone I would provide details of private moments between me and the Gman. There is a new house party selling opportunity where mostly women sell, display and explain all the sex toys they have. I was invited to a couple of these parties, but even if I was still 25, I wouldn't go. That's were I'm a prude. I don't need extra gadgets and a room full of shrieking women screaming "oh this is wonderful" to improve my sex life.
JTT

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 11:03 pm
@glitterbag,

sashimi, gb, not sushimi.
0 Replies