ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yayyyyyy!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:41 pm
@anonymously99,
If I remember correctly Edgar posted a pic some pages back in this thread.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Gb: James Gardner

If you loved them so much, how come ya can't even remember his name, glitter?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:46 pm
@glitterbag,
You sure got put in your place, Lil Miss Snotty.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
They are nice.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:08 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
If I remember correctly Edgar posted a pic some pages back in this thread.

Are you being smart with me boy?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 04:02 pm
I bought a new saw, some screws, polyethylene, super wood glue, straps to hold the joints together on the bottom - It's a start. On Mondays and Tuesdays, I get tired at work, so, I take it slow until Wednesday.

Got into poison ivy. Good thing I had a new bottle of H3O. I noticed that PI in Texas does not seem so potent, as the poison oak I encountered, as a boy, in California. Which is good.

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 04:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
hey, I just got some Silvadene 1% solution for cut and inflammation on my shin from VA outpatient the other day. I swear that I never heard of it before you mentioned it. Works like a charm, too, BTW.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 05:10 am
Well, I am ready to eat and git. Not certain what I will do at work. I would prefer to go back to bed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 01:51 pm
Some of the old TV shows can be windows to the past. Yesterday, I saw a rerun of The Real McCoys. First time since I was a kid to see this one. They flew to visit a relative to celebrate her 100th birthday. The plane was owned by TWA and it had propellers on the wings. The staff fed the passengers filet mignon and lobster. But, the part that I found most gratifying, was seeing Jane Darwell, playing the 100 year old woman. Likely one of her last acting jobs.
The Real McCoys (TV Series 1957–1963) - IMDb
www.imdb.com/title/tt0050053/

Created by Irving Pincus. With Richard Crenna, Walter Brennan, Kathleen Nolan, Michael Winkelman.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 07:29 pm
Automatic license plate reader (ALPR) systems like the one employed by the LAPD take photos of any and all license plates, storing the plate number, time and location.

Possibly a good idea I just read about.
JTT

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 08:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Totalitarian States of America
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 01:22 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Got into poison ivy. Good thing I had a new bottle of H3O. I noticed that PI in Texas does not seem so potent, as the poison oak I encountered, as a boy, in California. Which is good.
I remember some nasty poison ivy in New Jersey all the way up to Massachusetts. A remedy that worked OK for my friends and I was to dip the affected area in water as hot as you can stand it. It seemed to hasten the recovery. Of course, it could simply have been our frantic reaction to not being able to scratch.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 04:55 am
@neologist,
I showered in the hottest water I could stand, every night since I contracted it. I still itch in a few spots, but it's receding some, now. The worst of what's left is on my forearms.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:40 am
Yesterday's exertions have me on the ropes. What did I did? Walked the property, making a list, based on the condition of each door on property. Walked the property again. Made a list based on the color of each screen door on property. Delivered newsletters to two buildings, meaning, upstairs, downstairs. Painted some doors. Ran around gathering materials. That's it, you say? Well, yep. It's like power walking, up and down hills, for nearly four straight hours. I should be a Marine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 08:53 pm
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/sneak-attack-your-dietary-supplements-fda-s-new-food-label-guidelines
A Sneak Attack on Your Dietary Supplements: The FDA’s New Food Label Guidelines
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 05:40 am
I have been in communication with a budding poet, who, when he appeared on Spontaneous Poems thread, I advised to keep writing. He has improved markedly. I believe people with the writing disease ought to work at their craft, with or without recognition, as though each were budding Shakespeares. Most of us may be judged failures, when counting up copies sold, but we do what we are required by our nature to do.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 05:41 pm
The pool light has been out a couple of months. After the guy messed with it several times, they want me to come in and see if I can get it to work. There's all the difference between sweeping the floor before or after a grenade exploded.
JTT

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Are you gonna fell 'em to stick the pool lamp where the sun don't shine, Ed?
anonymously99

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 10:01 pm
@JTT,
I don't feel guilty for sharing words with individuals of opposite beliefs than I.
0 Replies