edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:29 pm
@ossobuco,
That is the method we used to cut a big one on a different lot, last time I cut on one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:30 pm
Dammed bumps
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 02:42 pm
Well, I did the bow saw and went as high as the extension ladder would reach. I will put off the rest a while.
spendius

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 02:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Were the neighbours not gathered around pleading and wringing their hands ed? Was Mrs ed not watching through the window with a phone in her hand with 11 already punched in?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
I was all by my solitary self all morning.
JTT

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 03:00 pm
@spendius,
S: ... with a phone in her hand with 11 already punched in?

It wouldn't do much good to call a British emergency number, Spendi.
spendius

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 04:07 pm
@JTT,
Sorry JT. 91 then. Ours is 999. So I'm only half as wrong as you.
spendius

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 04:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I was all by my solitary self all morning.

In the trade I don't think that's even allowed here.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:35 pm
@spendius,
S: Sorry JT. 91 then. Ours is 999. So I'm only half as wrong as you.

Did the west assign all the communist countries 666?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 06:13 am
Taking the day for myself. There is no hurry to finish the tree. I need to concentrate on writing today. I have been making good progress this week.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 09:06 am
It's raining out, anyway.

Counting back, I think Rocky was born in April. I am going to set April 1st as his birthday. That should be easy to remember.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:39 am
Speaking of Rocky, when I am too busy for him, he makes himself a part of the activity by tossing in a toy or two. When I stacked tree limbs, he tossed on a rubber pig. If I nap in my chair, he places one on my lap.

Going to a surprise party later today. It's my oldest daughter's 40th birthday.

I guess inactivity (of the physical sort) got to me, yesterday. I nibbled and snacked and ate all day long. My poor belly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 10:02 am
For the worry-warts - I decided to wait on felling the rest of the tree. I need somebody to herd the traffic, etc.

There is a block of Maverick programs, lasting four hours, on Saturday nights. I make it a point to watch a single episode. When I was very young, I waited all week for the next installment. I often recognize episodes, such as the one last night, with Fatima, the two hump camel, in it. Lovable, humorous, animal, at least as filmed.

I just watched an interview with Eva Marie Saint on TV. There is much more to this woman than I previously acknowledged. She didn't offer the secret to life, or any political observations. But she was engaging and bright, and, she made some movies in which I didn't remember her being the star.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 02:04 pm
The Maverick shows never clicked with me because he (James Garner) was always dressed too much like a squeaky-clean dude.
I preferred the rough-and-ready heroes and shows which were set out there on the wild frontier like Cheyenne, Bronco, Lawman, Rawhide, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, Wyatt Earp, Paladin etc, and my all-time favourite Davy Crockett.
What a man! He killed him a bear when he was only three..Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 05:58 am
I smell something like farts.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 06:04 am
When I went out to unlock the gate, I found a lock so frozen, I nearly gave up on it and went to fetch a hammer with which to bust it off of there. We are having perhaps the coldest morning of the year. So glad there is no rain out there.

I think I should go back to sleep. Not gonna happen, of course.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 06:35 am
@edgarblythe,
it's minus 3 here, ed.

almost 20 below with the wind.

stay warm...
JTT

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 09:03 am
@Rockhead,
Y'all are trapped in tha Pahlar Vartex. That's what comes of being such greedy buggers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 05:56 am
Got to be careful this morning. It is raining, the temp is freezing and there is ice on the fence wire. If there is ice on those wires, it is in the pines and could be on the road. Some residents don't have power. I walked out in the street and didn't note any freezing over. We will head out, but be prepared to turn back.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 12:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
I spent the morning cleaning up fallen limbs and putting sand on stairs. Halfway expected to find a tree limb making use of the easy chair in my absence. But the very worst is over, I think.
0 Replies