spendius

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 01:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do people in your orbit have to listen to shite like that being spouted at them. You can't even define a job from an economic point of view.

In history's Independence movement the idea was not paying any taxes at all. And even debts.

And one thing it isn't is "very simple". Anybody who thinks it is "very simple" is very simple.
spendius

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 01:15 pm
@spendius,
You're like a pre-programmed, clockwork mouth ci.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 08:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
1163a. A woman I know has taken to feeding H3O to her dog, but fears to take it for herself. I don't push. I pass along my anecdotes, but a person is responsible, ultimately, for their own health. I take a couple of products that I never mention outside of home, because I am waiting for results before letting it out.

Sorry if I'm a bit thick, but I don't know what H3O is.

Water is H2O, so something with some extra hydrogen in it? Wink

Quote:
1164a. I ended having four moringa trees. Three are in the yard and one is in a pot. One will be allowed to grow to a projected height of forty feet. The rest will be trimmed to five feet. If I follow the instructions correctly, they will bush and provide more than I can use.

4o feet is a pretty good size tree! How long will that take to grow, you think?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 08:17 pm
H3O is by nature not always H3O. It can be H4O for instance. So the FDA told the maker of H3O to quit calling it that. Since it also has a minute portion of calcium sulphate, they now sell it as that. It replenishes stuff in the cells. My dog takes a dropper-full each night. She had hurt her leg and was going on just three legs. A couple of days after starting H3O, she was just fine and had a higher energy level. I take it every day, myself. My legs and arms were hurting and I was losing the ability to get around and work. After about a month, they were just fine, considering how hard I work them.

The moringas are quick growing, but I don't recall how soon one gets that tall. I am just letting one get full size. The rest will get to five feet and no more.
Reyn

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 08:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
... My legs and arms were hurting and I was losing the ability to get around and work. After about a month, they were just fine, considering how hard I work them. ...

Wow, that's great! What's the product name? Do you buy it in a drug store?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 09:05 pm
@Reyn,
The only place I know to get it is Alpha-Omega Labs, which is in Guayaquil. It is labeled Calcium Sulphate. It costs about $10 plus shipping, which is the greater part of $20. I buy more than one product when I order things there, because it makes the shipping less costly in the long run. If you bought any, one is enough to start with. You mix one ounce per gallon of distilled water and drink two ounces per day. One bottle mixes eight gallons.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 09:10 pm
@spendius,
Please explain the part about how cutting taxes creates more jobs, Spendi.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2012 08:30 am
1165a. Woke up today with an earworm of Little Richard's Lucille.
1166a. Lots of tasks around the house to be done. It remains to be seen if any will get accomplished.
1167a. I find it depressing that a man that thinks like most elected Texas Republicans is running for vice president. I try to discuss these issues with a few friends and family. When I begin on a point that demonstrates how they are voting against their own best interest, I can see the turn off in their minds by reading their faces. If I get to finish speaking at all, it is plain that not one single word was paid attention to. Emotions. Partisan fervor. In the meantime, fundamentalists are slowly taking apart this nation. I hate that I have to be a Democrat, but there is no other place to go these days.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2012 08:51 am
Odd to live in a nation that proclaims freedom for all, but to have no rights to not get shot at.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2012 07:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
1166a. Lots of tasks around the house to be done. It remains to be seen if any will get accomplished.

Yes, I'm feeling guilty about the stuff that I know needs doing, but have put off, due to the heat. Embarrassed
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2012 09:03 pm
@Reyn,
The outside tasks I time to miss my neighbor. She watches every move and often traps me into talking when I want to keep moving. I like her, but I don't like being dogged by someone.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 05:37 am
1168a. Paul Ryan apologists are saying older Americans have no need for concern. His budget if enacted would not harm them, just their children and their children's children. So we can in good conscience vote for this piece of offal. Wink
1169a. I am curious to see this new fall TV series called Vegas, on the free channels. Stars Dennis Quaid and a good actor whose name I don't recall. Based on the early days of that town. Looks to be an action series.
Also a sitcom called something like The Neighbors. Outer space type alien family lives next door. Depends on the writing and actors.
1170a. People crawling out of the woodwork asking us to donate to the needy. It's a dilemma. If enough people respond the poor are given desperately needed help. Which at the same time will justify to many among us the slashing of more and more government programs. As for me, I have no resources to donate. But I do pay taxes. I want some of that tax money designated to the poor, rather than ever expanding military expenses.
Ragman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 05:41 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

1170a. People crawling out of the woodwork asking us to donate to the needy. It's a dilemma. If enough people respond the poor are given desperately needed help. Which at the same time will justify to many among us the slashing of more and more government programs. As for me, I have no resources to donate. But I do pay taxes. I want some of that tax money designated to the poor, rather than ever expanding military expenses.

My friend, truer word have never been spoken!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 12:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The outside tasks I time to miss my neighbor.

Laughing Laughing I hear you! I often similarly do things like that here to miss certain neighbours. There's a few I don't mind having the occasional chit chat with, but the majority I tend to avoid. I'm always polite, but some folks I consider nosy and bothersome.

edgarblythe wrote:
... Also a sitcom called something like The Neighbors. Outer space type alien family lives next door. Depends on the writing and actors.

Yes, I think I know the one you mean. I saw a clip of that the other day. It may be worth tuning in. We'll see.

I do know that, due to the Olympics being on the last 16 days, I've never seen such a desert of TV viewing. Hope things will pick up again. I'm just not a fan of sports.

edgarblythe wrote:

Well, we sure agree on this one!

I get tired of being bombarded by agencies asking for donations. I'm sure every one is worthwhile, but many folks, including me, has very limited resources to do these donations.

We will never donate to anything via the phone or at the door. If we want to donate to a worthy cause, we will seek them out.

Instead, of cash donations, my wife and I regularly visit this thrift store run by the Mennonite community in my city. They do excellent work and and the store is very well run.

We donate unwanted items there on a semi-regular basis, and we shop in their store all the time. So, we feel that this is our way of giving back.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 02:40 pm
@Reyn,
I like my neighbor very much - But she is a stickler for detail and is very critical when a person works around her. I can tell from her comments that she follows me from the front to the back if I am busy. Her advice is at times helpful, but rarely welcome.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 05:44 am
1171a. Whew. I've been sitting here daydreaming. Time has been slipping by. I have to open an apartment to be cleaned in less than an hour.
1172a. Did anyone notice that the decline in the country's economic well being has taken place during a time when the presidents have been predominately Republicans? Just two were Democrats since Jimmy Carter.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:59 am
@edgarblythe,
And they want more of the same. Go figure.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 02:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

1171a. Whew. I've been sitting here daydreaming. Time has been slipping by. I have to open an apartment to be cleaned in less than an hour.

Yup, I get days like that where I get easily side-tracked. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 05:23 am
1173a. During the off season, I vow to get less interested in football. Once the season begins that goes out the window.
1174a. The NAACP protests the lottery in Texas. The lottery responds with a game that can be played four times a day, six days a week.
1175a. The fleas have returned. I need to broadcast more poison about the yard. The drought of last year created a population boom of insects, making most solutions temporary at best.
1176a. I got a copy of the George Pal movie, When Worlds Collide, a few years back. I just watched it again the other day. The story is not that dated and I like the cast of characters.
1177a. One of my grandsons turned sixteen, yesterday. He and a few friends have a band.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 05:31 am
1178a. I have been thinking about dental implants. Not for me, but, as a general question. It just seems that invasion of the bones by screws would open the gate to future problems - such as deterioration of bone and creating a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Perhaps I am mistaken. I really should research this.
1179a. While I am on the subject of teeth, how about the clip-ons? They seem bothersome and would have to impede movement of the tongue during speech - But I am supposing, with no real information.
1180a. I read on a blog about eating, where the author asserted we ought to swallow our meat in chunks and make the stomach truly do its job. I don't know what is correct, but the old way of "chew each bite 100 times" seems to be long out the window. I guess somewheres in between the extremes.
1181a. I mostly put my breakfast in a blender. Then, the rest of the day, I eat mostly solids and often do swallow it in chunks. Not because the web site said so, but because I always have done that.