edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 04:34 pm
I just came home from the job. I had been called back to fix the damage if the police were obliged to open a door by force. It all takes so much time. We waited and finally they arrived in force, prepared to take him by any means necessary. When the young man realized what was about to happen, he surrendered quietly and they took him by ambulance to the hospital. He is the schizophrenic I wrote about a while back. He had sat in his apartment for a month, with blinds closed, with no food brought in and no human contact. Contemplating his situation got me quite emotional. Anyway, he can get some help, now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 05:25 am
1138a. I am more excited about the new Mars rover than anything the space people have come up with for a very long time.
1139a. I have been losing interest in most sports these days. My favorite, football, is under fire for the head traumas. I don't want to be a part of that. I used to love boxing, until two things happened. I saw fights called in favor of the obvious loser and I saw Muhammad Ali's condition. When I search the channels I might pause for ten or fifteen minutes to watch soccer, but I don't stay with a game to the end. I watch a little golf the same way. I haven't tuned in even two minutes of Olympics.
1140a. Facebook wants to shut down thousands of false accounts. I suppose they mean me. They locked my original account because some other site had issues and they feared it could compromise my facebook. The means of identifying myself so they would unlock it were intrusive. So I opened a new account, using my middle name. If they delete it, I will be off of that site for good.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 04:30 pm
Note from my son:
i just got out of the hospital. they cut me open and took a part of my lung.. i however, am pleased to report that i have negative results on every test they performed on me. but that also means they never figured out why i had pneumonia, and noduls on my lungs.. doctors.. go figure..

I told him it was a wake up call to take better care of himself.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 04:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
no bad news is always good news, ed...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 04:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Glad you finally got some news. I've been worrying and wondering, but I didn't want to be a noodge. Negative results are good.

Enjoy the weekend, kid. Keep cool.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 05:08 pm
I feel better about it. He is too young to become chronically ill if it can be avoided.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 05:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Glad to hear that he's ok.

that msut mean his lymph system check out OK.

Did they say anything about sarcoidosis? Out of curiosity, did he have any arthritic symptoms (goes with sacroidosis)?

Sorry, too much detailed questions.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 06:42 pm
@Ragman,
I haven't talked to him. Just a facebook message. I have no idea what they looked for, but he was in there close to two weeks after getting the sample from his lung. Time enough to check it all. I would think. He didn't mention pneumonia before the quoted message. I had a cousin that contracted bacterial pneumonia. She refused to see a doctor until it was too late to save her life.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 07:07 pm
@Ragman,
Ok, you made me laugh.

I'm not a joiner either, though I have from time to time. Nobody gets to tell me what to join. I've had a few friends (four at first thought, but probably more) who start the stuff that people join. I am what my ex called me once, affectionately then, Prunella, i.e., as I call myself, ms. picky. That name had to do with some plant, but, I forget.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 08:05 am
1141a. Still straightening out the back yard, which has so much root from forest growth still, that any relaxing allows the wild stuff to take over almost immediately. I pull out roots ten feet and longer and still vines grow there. I plan to make the shed wider, to make it functional once again and to tear off the back porch to be able better to make house repairs. The porch can be rebuilt in such a way it does not make contact with the house.
1142a. As I pointed out, a Teabagger got the nod to become our next senator. He does not speak out on that many issues yet. In fact, all I have heard from him are typical slogans, such as restore the Constitution and repeal Obamacare. But it is telling that Santorum and Palin came here to speak out for him. He is a naturalized citizen, so at least he won't be running for president.
1143a. I got the wheel on the mower fixed. It works so much better.
1144a. I plan to spend much of the afternoon at the apartments doing some things I could not get to during the week.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 08:47 am
1145a. Like a child in wild anticipation, I long to hear it safely lands - Gone to Mars, got my rover, going to have a look around
1146a. Had to put rocks out, to keep Punky from digging up the moringa on the hill. Dogs want to be a part of your activities, but don't always know their 'help' is counter productive.
1147a. The boss, a vegetarian, was shocked to learn how much butter I eat. Smack smack. Mighty good stuff.
1148a. Got sprinkler problems at the apartments. I never had a chance to learn how to fix them at the individual stations, at the valve. I am about to see if youtube has good instructional videos for that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2012 05:39 am
1149a. I am in spirit on Mars today. Beautiful achievement. I had feared nothing so advanced would get there in my lifetime. The other active rover is also nearing a milestone. It has about travelled the distance of a marathon, with countless hours of broadcast yet in its power.
1150a. I woke up with an earworm of the Bee Gees doing Night Fever.
1151a. I went to the apartments Saturday and reconstructed the gate to the storage area. I built it over a dozen years ago, I guess. It is very long and I have it on a roller. But, a few years back, I had to reinstall the roller and I got it too low. The gate was a pain in the ass to open or close after that. Got it operating smooth as a baby's butte now.
Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2012 09:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
1140a. Facebook wants to shut down thousands of false accounts. I suppose they mean me. They locked my original account because some other site had issues and they feared it could compromise my facebook. The means of identifying myself so they would unlock it were intrusive. So I opened a new account, using my middle name. If they delete it, I will be off of that site for good.

Yes, I read about that.

I don't see why your new account should be deleted. After all, you are using your real name.

There are others among us that are using a nom de plume and their accounts are still active.

I hope that if a problem does happen to arise, and I rather doubt it, that all can be resolved.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2012 09:28 pm
@Reyn,
I will try to work with them, but they are not getting my cell phone number, SS number or driver license.
Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2012 10:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
They asked for all that for the other account???

Wow, I would have given that either. I can't see how any of those docs would have helped verify anything if it was not provided by you initially.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 03:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Got it operating smooth as a baby's butte now.

Sorry to be pernickity ed but things don't operate as smooth as a baby's butt. They might be said to be as smooth as a baby's butt. Or operate as smooth as a baby's sphincter.

As smooth as a baby's smile. They operate smoothly as Little Moses showed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 05:36 am
1152a. Oh me. I heard the alarm. "But, it's Sunday." I turned it off and covered the glowing numbers. As I lay back on the bed, Tuesday crowded in and crawled around all over my brain until I got up. Today would have made such a good weekend day.
1153a. My m. plant measured 45 inches at the highest leaf. I expect it to reach sixty before month's end.
1154a. My next door neighbor, several years deceased, was a wonderful descriptive writer. In his tale about the married couple, stranded in a sailboat, on a windless sea, one experiences the flat water from the deck of the boat, the hopeless situation is easily apparent and one knows empathy from the start. Unfortunately, the couple are mindlessly sniping at one another. Sympathy quickly fades. My neighbor had made the couple thoroughly unlikeable in his effort to create tension for the reader. In the end, the mind withdraws, leaving the two to perish, with not a backward glance. Yet, the sea he created and the boat, are forever with me. For that I am grateful to the neighbor and I wish I could thank him one more time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 05:35 am
1155a. I fail to understand how the people that we have elected can continually keep shutting things down for the middle and lower class people and the public accepts it as necessary. Example in the news this morning: Pasadena, Texas, has long subscribed to Houston bus service. Now they don't want to pay the fee (even after being told they could tap the federal government to pay it) so the bus service will shut down for them. I don't have the ability to predict how many of our poorest citizens will be out of work and be unable to visit their doctor as a result. The car drivers will shrug and call it necessary medicine in these times of taking back the government form the big spending liberals, it appears.
1156a. My primary work this morning will be to replace an evaporator coil on an A/C. Also to work on a ceiling patch I started yesterday.
1157a. As I near the age of seventy (Hell, I'm already there. What's a few weeks in the scheme of things?) I need to research ways to make money off of the job, so that I can supplement my income enough to retire.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 10:57 am
@edgarblythe,
1155a: None of what's going on makes any sense. They can't see the forest for the trees, and are killing both. If this trend continues, you can bet that more middle class and poor will be worst off - trying to make a living in this land of the free.

Education, police, and infrastructures are necessary to retain/maintain any economy. They're destroying all of these necessities as they cry "no more taxes!"

What they're going to get is "no more US of A."
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 12:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have said the same thing over the past few years, CI. Once the government collapses, we will be possibly in for civil war.