edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 01:19 pm
@Ragman,
The MMS movement recommends this stuff as a nutritional part of the program.
Ragman

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
what is MMS?

From that link I provided, I learned the blossoms are nutritional.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:10 pm
@Ragman,
MMS is a liquid used in alternative medicine. Sorry. I forgot that most people don't keep up with such things. Here is a web site dedicated to it, for anyone interested.
http://jimhumble.biz/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 07:02 pm
Humanity escapes the solar system: Voyager 1 signals that it has reached the edge of interstellar space
www.dailymail.co.uk
an object conceived in the human mind, and built by our
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:16 am
1308a. Had an adventure yesterday. As I am sitting at home, witlessly enjoying my alone time - the wife is off with her two sisters - the boss calls me. "Er. Are you on call this week." "No. The other guy." "Do you know the resident in apt. X?" "Sure. He's been in there at least fifteen years." "The downstairs neighbor heard him fall on the floor. He doesn't answer a knock and the police are there, trying to get in." "Oh. I am closer than sidekick. Best if I try to get there before the police break open the door." I rush over, to find the police are patiently waiting. He has the key-less lock engaged. So, I go for a ladder, to get on his balcony. Torrential rain suddenly engulfs the city. Nevertheless, I stand the ladder and scale the patio rail, having to jump down about forty five inches. The other key-less lock is also engaged. After beating on the door a few times, I decide to kick out the glass window panel. I cut my thumb while unlocking the window to crawl through. Then I hasten to open the front door. The police make their way in darkness to the bedroom, where they find the man, soundly sleeping. He seems disoriented, but it's likely a consequence of not being fully conscious as yet. After a few minutes he is normal and the police thank me and leave. After a brief conversation with the man, I tell him, "Don't lock me out. I will be right back to cover the broken window." I come back with plywood, a drill and screws to find I'm locked out. This time he answers the door. So much for the quiet weekend.
Roberta

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:27 am
@edgarblythe,
edgar, Your heroic efforts shouldn't go unrewarded. Have a piece of watermelon.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:32 am
@Roberta,
In actual fact, I have a watermelon on the kitchen counter, waiting to get sliced and sectioned up, to be refrigerated in containers. Good call.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 08:38 pm
I ended buying some bags of soil that have cow manure mixed in and a bag of organic mulch. I mixed it all together with my pile of sand. Built a box but left the front off, to allow unfettered drainage. I put in three seeds and watered. Then I went to the established plants. There are two plants in each of the spots. Only the most healthy can stay growing, so there are two to pull. I am slow to take them out, because I started today taking leaves off of them. Might as well be experimenting with those leaves while the permanents grow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 08:52 pm
Geez, Edgarblythe.

Listening.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:03 pm
@ossobuco,
I have been carrying on a conversation with ragman about my concern for the seeds I planted. They are susceptible to root rot and we are having a wet year. I fear the water table will get high enough to kill them. So, I made a hill to plant on. My other plan is to grow a few in pots. They can be house plants, according to the literature.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have no patience with seeds myself, where I live now. They work or they don't.

I get it that this is ignorance talking by me.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 05:17 am
@ossobuco,
They work or they don't.
Mostly, that's my philosophy. But I want these seeds to produce, so I am trying to do the right thing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 05:40 am
1309a. It is my conclusion this morning that I would like to quit my job. Unfortunately, I am used to having shelter and food. I choose to press on, for now.
1310. Yesterday we cooked on the grill and ate a bit early. Then, my daughter in Colorado called me up and we talked for an hour. A few facebook greetings between myself and family. Such is Fathers Day around here. I'm glad its over.
1311a. The woman that feeds the birds at the apartments must put out something for woodpeckers too. Last week, as I stopped to check on a sprinkler, a speckled woodpecker landed on a limb about fifteen feet from me. It looked at me a second and flitted to another limb, also about fifteen feet away, before flying off. I had never known such a bird to willingly be so close to a human.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:37 am
@edgarblythe,
That must have been a female woodpecker who admired you and wanted to date you.

BBB
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:46 am
@edgarblythe,
Re the woodpecker: keep your hat on.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:18 pm
@Ragman,
Let it try, if it wants a bent beak.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:40 am
1312a. I have a wall to do do ceramic tile on today. Should be simple enough, since, yesterday, I removed the old tile and backing before I went home. It's a bit touchy getting around these type shower faucets, but really not that tough.
1313a. 60% rain today and tomorrow.
1314a. I ate some moringa leaves raw yesterday. Figured I had a right to know what I was getting, at last. If you have eaten raw spinach before you can eat raw moringa. I eat raw spinach in place of lettuce much of the time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 05:36 am
1315a. OMG. Another day. Did everyone have their moringa yesterday?
1316a. I have not been able to find a viable third party candidate to support in the presidential election. If the current administration kills the Bush tax cuts to the wealthy, I will relent and give President Obama my vote. But, a liberal Texan's vote is in these times pissing in the wind.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 05:42 am
1317a. Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of his country. Screw the sunshine patriot. The tea party folks I personally know actually believe their rhetoric, which makes them doubly worrisome.
1318a. Which books do you keep in view, as you sit before the monitor? Looking about, I see a small collection of short stories by Roald Dahl (I actually feel tinges of jealousy reading some passages he has written), Joyce's Ulysses, Phillip Wylie's The magic Animal, Generation of Vipers, and An Essay on Morals, The Writer's Digest Guide to Manuscript Formats, Freelance Writing, Thesaurus, dictionary, and The Complete Directory to prime time network TV Shows 1946 - Present (1985). Everything else is in a bookcase in a different room.
1319a. Punky the dog has developed an itch that has her tearing at her skin. I have been spraying some hot spot stuff when she starts up, but it is not helping that much, I think. I need to find the root cause. There are itch products at the Petsmart. They are omega-3 supplements. I don't recall the full list of ingredients. A week or two back, I bought her a daily vitamin supplement for aging dogs. It has glucosamine and stuff I don't recall offhand. It's a liquid by GNC, to be put on top of her food.
1320a. It's gonna be tiring work today, as I install lighting off a ladder and also dig between sidewalk expansion joints and pound in rubberized strips. The heat and humidity will be what makes it rough.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:42 am
1321a. Yeah, sure, Lenny. - Blam!
1322a. In the summertime when all the trees n leaves are green
And the red bird sangs I'll be blue
1323a. No I don't think original thoughts. Recycling is what I am about. Bob Dylan in a poem confesses to being "a thief of thoughts." I don't steal just thoughts. I purloin the whole shebang. I recall and steal fragments, mostly. Often more times than I care to admit getting it wronger than wrong. Yet, I hope some element turns out to be me, when the summing up is due.