Oh It's Started Already...

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 11:01 am
....and here I always thought gustav is a strict pacifist. Laughing

This is more neutral, Bella.

http://www.livingathome.de/wohnen_einrichten/wohnwelten/images/db/428/ww199905059.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 11:03 am
Now that is more me.

I love antiques. I love that look.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 11:27 am
Target has the antique look too (just in white) and all furniture to go
with it.

TARGET

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000IHQYJG.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_V35544173_.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 11:55 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Everyone tells me I should get a crib that converts to a toddler bed.

What do you think?

I love this one from IKEA and it isn't that expensive. But it is just a crib.
http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/28862_PE115703_S4.jpg

I bought one and never used the bed part - I simply gave the crib away after two kids. Also, if you do go that route - you may have to buy the conversion set separately.

I did have a comforter and bumper - the bumper just added color and decoration so get one only if you want to use it that way. The comforter we saved for when the baby was old enough for it.

There are sleepers that zip up over baby's pajamas that is like a blanket just zips up over them to keep them warm.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 12:02 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Lucky for me, our friends have a 3 month old and so I was able to sort of handle him from 2 weeks on....I am not worried about breaking the little one but I am worried about doing it right. Ok, not doing it right but doing it the best I can do it, no matter what "it" is. And I know it's different with someone elses kid...but baby sitting him and seeing what it was REALLY like was so much different than I'd ever imagined. And it was only 20 minute I was alone with him! (long story of why I had the baby hoisted on me)

I mean, the first time I changed their little guy, daddy came to get him and told me what a bad job I did of putting the diaper on. Oh lord, I can't even diaper the child properly! It was too loose I guess...I didn't want to cut circulation off... Embarrassed

Yeah well before kids - I babysat my friend's two little ones for just a few hours. I had no clue. Mom said that they already had bowel moments so no worries and the older one had pullups as he was potty training. Well the older one didn't make it to the potty on time and went poo in his pull up. He pulled everything out for me because of my incompetency. I changed him and thought everything was o-k - found out later I put the damn pull up on backwards.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 12:06 pm
Looks like with that crib (the IKEA one), what you do is take the top off (over the wave), and then lower the mattress (you can see where there are two holes at the bottom to secure the platform that holds the mattress). I don't think you'd need a further conversion kit, unless you want rails. Seems like the mattress would be pretty close to the ground, if you have carpeting (or a bedside rug) should be fine even if the toddler rolls out of bed.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 12:20 pm
http://www.geocities.jp/okonomiyaki_fuji/monchichi.JPG
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 12:41 pm
OMG!
I remember that monkey!!!

I had one!!!!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 12:56 pm
I had one too!! Monchichi, that's what they were called.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monchhichis
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 01:23 pm
I always knew that Bella and CJ were about the same age as my daughter. (My daughter was born in 1982.)

Those toy monkeys were very popular in the eighties. As a newborn, my daughter learned to suck her thumb with that monkey in her crib. Once newborns start thumbsucking, they sleep through the night!

Does anybody think that is a bad idea?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 01:35 pm
How cute, but I'm much older wandel, as these Monchichis became very popular in the 70s in Germany.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 01:41 pm
conversion beds are ok.

The problem that most of my friends had was that, when it was time to use the bed, it was essentially useless.

2-3 years of toddler hood took its toll.

Teeth marks, marker, jumping , bed wetting, moving etc..
it , to them, was not worth the investment.

I couldnt see jillian having one of those either for the same reason.

but they are nice looking.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 05:45 pm
Quote:
You all seem to think I am going to be throwing money into silly, superficial things instead of spending the money where it needs to be spent; on quality products that baby needs. Decorating comes second, that is without saying.

The Woman with Morning Sickness gets to make the rules.
0 Replies