@spendius,
i love ya, spendi...

gotta run.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The lousy medical care I have is called Medicare, and I love it!

Well you would wouldn't you. It enables you to take your regular holidays abroad and keep up what you must admit is a more luxurious lifestyle than that enjoyed by large numbers of the world's population whose human rights you are so vehement about in your need not to think yourself racist.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:04 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Are you talking about countries where rationing occurs, and the government says you are too old to have something fixed?

In what countries exactly does a government say such?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's all dreamed up in okie's brain. Nobody else on this planet knows of such.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:57 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
.. your lousy government ...

it's your government too. love it or leave it babe.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:58 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
And I don't suppose you care a whit when a baby dies, do you?

hah! so i guess you can keep your lousy evangelical worship of false gods to yourself, ehh?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:59 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Are you talking about countries where rationing occurs, and the government says you are too old to have something fixed?

how many have you been to? and what health care did you have to wait for?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 12:08 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
The Reps had total control of the govt. for six years. If it was so lousy, why didn't they fix it. They did nothing, but fight two misbegotten wars.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm
@Advocate,
They're war-mongers and fear-mongers. Never the twain shall meet. LOL
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 12:59 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

okie wrote:

hah! so i guess you can keep your lousy evangelical worship of false gods to yourself, ehh?

A helpless infant is a false god? Are you sane?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 01:24 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

DontTreadOnMe wrote:

okie wrote:

A helpless infant is a false god? Are you sane?

don't be obtuse.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 01:31 pm
@okie,
okie, What in hell are you talking about? An infant has all the protections of US laws.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 01:50 pm
http://able2know.org/topic/71145-1388#post-3725178

"Sen. John Cornyn, accusing the White House of compiling an "enemies list" on health care, is asking President Barack Obama to cease a new program to have Americans send "fishy" information on health care to the White House."
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 01:52 pm
@okie,
gonna post that on every thread?
okie

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 01:53 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Two threads. Both apply, big time.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 01:58 pm
@okie,
okie, I mean, well, this thread is about health care ...you feel, ehem, ... fine, do you?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 03:20 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
okie doesn't know what "lousy government" is; he didn't have one complaint when GWBush was president.

THIS IS A BAIT FOR OKIE, BUT HIS FISHING SKILLS ARE PRETTY BAD.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 04:25 pm
Just normal citizens expressing their unhappiness. Right?

Quote:
Dem Congressman's Office: His Life Has Been Threatened Over Health Care Bill
By Eric Kleefeld - August 5, 2009, 5:54PM

Rep. Brad Miller (D-NC) will not be hosting any town hall events this August -- instead, he's making himself available to constituents for one-on-one meetings about health care reform -- and at least part of the reason is this: His offices have received threatening phone calls, including at least one direct threat against his life.

"We had no town hall events scheduled for the August recess anyway, but in light of everything that's happened -- we have received a threatening phone call in the D.C. office, there have been calls to the Raleigh office," said Miller communications director LuAnn Canipe, in an interview with TPM. The threatening call in question happened earlier this week.

"The call to the D.C. office was, 'Miller could lose his life over this,'" said Canipe. "Our staffer took it so seriously, he confirmed what the guy was saying. He said, 'Sir is that a threat?' and at that time our staffer was getting the phone number off caller ID and turning it over to the Capitol Police."

They haven't heard anything back from the police yet, but they did get the caller's number. So this could develop into something soon enough.

Canipe explained that Miller had no plans for a town hall before and won't be holding any now, due to this event and the examples he's already seem from the around the country: "Our point is, we're not gonna be bullied into having a town hall so it can then be interrupted by the fake grassroots folks."

"We don't want to people to think we're shutting out our constituents," Canipe added.. "We're meeting with them one on one to discuss health care reform."

(Special thanks to TPM Reader ML.)

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08/dem-congressmans-office-his-life-has-been-threatened-over-health-care-bill.php?ref=fpblg

Not so much, it seems. Thuggery.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 04:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
MACs-conservatives thrives on mis-informatioin. Here's a very good example.

This is from the same link:
Quote:
Poll: 28% Of Republicans Are Birthers, 30% Undecided
By Eric Kleefeld - July 31, 2009, 9:09AM

A new Daily Kos/Research 2000 poll finds that 77% of Americans believe President Obama was Indeed Born in the United States, with only 11% saying he was not -- but there's no clear verdict among Republicans.

Among Republicans, it's a much weaker plurality of only 42% who say Obama was born in the U.S., with 28% saying he was not, with a very high undecided number of 30%. Among Democrats, the number is 93%-4%, and among independents it's 83%-8%.

This means that for Republicans to openly admit that Obama is indeed a natural-born American citizen, they risk alienating a significant chunk of their loyal base. And on the other hand, they could scare away independents by humoring the tin-foil hat crowd.

Late Update:: Another thing to point out is that Birtherism is heavily concentrated in the South. Only 47% of Southerners say Obama was born in the United States, 23% say he was not, and 30% aren't sure.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 05:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Are you claiming Cyclo that on the evidence, not under oath, that one alleged phone call was made is proof that the faction in favour of the status quo are thugs? That's pretty wild.

Mr Miller might just be chicken.