IT'S TIME FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I can see your point, hawk, but these are issues that have both supporters and detractors. It's a very subjective thing with black, white, and grays.

BULL. ****!

McCains shtick has long been "i was a victim so you should follow me". many did.

tincfs
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
You,
Quote:
"i was a victim so you should follow me"

Please provide evidence of this?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You,
Quote:
"i was a victim so you should follow me"

Please provide evidence of this?
are you ******* kidding me? the frequency of him trotting out his victim story is the proof.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 09:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, I'm not kidding you! You made the claim, and all I want is proof. Provide it; I know you can't, because you never have.

Not once!
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 09:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
look buster, I am not up to the task of acquainting you with reality. if you would only drop your emotionally driven blinders you would be a smart dude, but you have proven that you cant do it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 09:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Like I always knew, you NEVER can prove your claims; not once! You're a loser.

Evidently your reality belongs in some mental institution where your imagination is provided free expression without one iota of fact.

Loser. You're batting a thousand.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 09:50 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
McCain was not a true war hero. He is, and was, a phony. In only four days as a POW, he gave the enemy all he knew, endangering his fellow flyers.

He was a POW for 6 years.
He endured some of the most severe, physically damaging torture known to man.
You should really educate yourself about what he went through before you speak about it.

Um, there is a difference between a victim and a hero.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 10:04 am
@Advocate,
Some people like hawk don't know their own country's history.

From Wiki.
Quote:
Prisoner of war
John McCain's capture and subsequent imprisonment began on October 26, 1967. He was flying his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam when his A-4E Skyhawk was shot down by a missile over Hanoi.[33][34] McCain fractured both arms and a leg ejecting from the aircraft,[35] and nearly drowned when he parachuted into Trúc Bạch Lake.[33] Some North Vietnamese pulled him ashore, then others crushed his shoulder with a rifle butt and bayoneted him.[33] McCain was then transported to Hanoi's main Hỏa Lò Prison, nicknamed the "Hanoi Hilton".[34]
Although McCain was badly wounded, his captors refused to treat his injuries, beating and interrogating him to get information; he was given medical care only when the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral.[36] His status as a prisoner of war (POW) made the front pages of major newspapers.[37][38]
McCain spent six weeks in the hospital while receiving marginal care.[33] By then having lost 50 pounds (23 kg), in a chest cast, and with his hair turned white,[33] McCain was sent to a different camp on the outskirts of Hanoi[39] in December 1967, into a cell with two other Americans who did not expect him to live a week.[40] In March 1968, McCain was put into solitary confinement, where he would remain for two years.[41]

BTW, I have been to that lake where there is a memorial near the spot that McCain fell into the lake.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 04:26 pm
Back to health care.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/11/20/this-chart-is-amazing-news-for-our-health-cost-problem/
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 05:13 pm
@RABEL222,
That's very good news, indeed! However, a graph on that same link shows that the national debt is also dropping. Both very important for our economy.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag215/Tak_Nomura/imrs_zpsa79990f1.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 06:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's the article from the Washington Post.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/26/the-falling-deficit-has-been-a-disaster-for-the-gop/
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 06:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Both very important for our economy.

Yeah!! As long as you're not feeling the heat.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 11:49 am
When does Obamacare reach the point of no repeal? I read that Boehner and Rubio have signed up for it, and I wager quite a number of others in congress have done so. Is it now a fact of life, similar to social security and Medicare?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 12:15 pm
@Advocate,
The GOP has tried 46 times to repeal ObamaCare. They still don't understand that it's now the law of this country.

They continue to waste time and money on legislation that they should know will never pass the Senate or Obama's desk. TNCFS

This congress is known as the least productive of this country's history.

With the passing of the budget by the republican house, there is some hope they're beginning to "see the light." Congress' performance rating are at historical lows. They just keep asking for more of the same.

I was also happy to see the Diane Feinstein's performance rating is dropping: FINALLY! She's worthless, and a part of the problem in congress.

I hope she gets voted out!
Advocate

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I sure hope you are right about Ocare. I wasn't aware that the House had passed the budget. I had read about Heritage and others trashing the deal.

I was surprised at your comments (and great dislike) of Feinstein. I guess you know things I don't.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:59 pm
@Advocate,
I have written to Senator Feinstein on many major issues including not approving the war against Iraq. She wrote back and told me "with the information they have, they have no choice but to approve the war." There were several other major issues on which I wrote to her; I was right 100% of the time as things turned out. She's a bloody idiot!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:45 am
Quote:
Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, said Tuesday it was a mistake for Democrats to spend their political capital on health care in 2009 when the economy was still flailing.

“For the average middle class voter ... it wasn’t at the top of their agenda,” Schumer said at the National Press Club, second-guessing President Barack Obama's biggest legislative accomplishment, adding that most Americans – 85 percent -- had health insurance either through the government or their employer.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/schumer-dems-should-have-pushed-jobs-over-health-care-2009-n255846

YA THINK!

Years late the lightbulb goes off. These D's are such brilliant political operatives!
roger

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:17 am
@hawkeye10,
Well, rats have a keen sense of when to abandon ship.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:31 am
@roger,
I did not look but I am guessing that Schumer needs to face the voters in two years.

This relationship between Obama and the Congressional D's might get very interesting...Obama was either flat out wrong or he lied to them about one of the top three political calculations that he has made in 6 years in the POTUS chair. He said that doing ObamaCare would propel the D's to years of wins over the R's because the D's were doing good work, and had new ideas, when the R's were (according to him) offering the people nothing.....the people would give the D's credit for doing good The Professor assured them. Well, we know how that turned out on Nov 4. Either way he fucked the party, he is the main reason they lost the Senate and one of the main reasons why they are going to have a very hard time turning things around it 2 years at the next election. He got ObamaCare, at least for now, but at what price for the D's? At what price to his legacy? We dont know just yet, but the D's and Obama are not likely to like the answer. The main problem for The Professor is that enough D's might just throw in with the R's to object to his King Barack routine to scuttle it, they owe him squat at this point.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:10 am
While looking for something totally different, I found this old postcard

http://i60.tinypic.com/309j7fm.jpg

It's published by the German "Zentrum" (a Catholic centre-right party) as part of the election campaign for 1912 Reichstag elections. Noted are the advantages of all social insurances (health insurance, accident insurance, disability insurance), pictured is situation in England and France (no insurances).

The line at the bottom says: "Worldwide, no other country has such social insurances; the Social Democrats opposed to them." (That is true: they wanted them to be run as before the 1880's, as kind co-operatives.)
0 Replies