IT'S TIME FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's more if you care to check them out.
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From Wiki.
Quote:
Obama talked about Dunham's death in a 30-second campaign advertisement ("Mother") arguing for health care reform. The ad featured a photograph of Dunham holding a young Obama in her arms as Obama talks about her last days worrying about expensive medical bills.[55] The topic also came up in a 2007 speech in Santa Barbara:[55]
Quote:
I remember my mother. She was 52 years old when she died of ovarian cancer, and you know what she was thinking about in the last months of her life? She wasn't thinking about getting well. She wasn't thinking about coming to terms with her own mortality. She had been diagnosed just as she was transitioning between jobs. And she wasn't sure whether insurance was going to cover the medical expenses because they might consider this a preexisting condition. I remember just being heartbroken, seeing her struggle through the paperwork and the medical bills and the insurance forms. So, I have seen what it's like when somebody you love is suffering because of a broken health care system. And it's wrong. It's not who we are as a people.[55]

Dunham's employer-provided health insurance covered most of the costs of her medical treatment, leaving her to pay the deductible and uncovered expenses, which came to several hundred dollars per month.[57] Her employer-provided disability insurance denied her claims for uncovered expenses because the insurance company said her cancer was a preexisting condition.[57]

Obama lies about his own mother. You want more?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 10:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI there is a lot wrong with our government. But concentrating on just the president is in itself dishonest. Look on that truth o meter site at all the promises the repubs have have broken and get a real idea of just how screwed up the government is. And dont forget the Supreme Court and its politicised rulings. And the democrats are just as interested in reelection and in voting the way the rich like the Kouch bros want them to.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 11:24 pm
@RABEL222,
neo and I were having a discussion about "universal health care," and I was making the point that Obama cannot be trusted - on many issues.

If you wish to talk about the republicans, there are threads that covers the problems with the GOP/Tea Party.

Most realize that our government is broken; it's performance rating is at its lowest point in history - during my adult life. It's the least productive since 1947 (I was 12 yo, and I'm now 78).

mysteryman

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 01:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Who are you and what have you done with the real CI?

You were an Obama supporter when he ran for president, but now you sound like you have become totally disillusioned.
Some of what you are saying is the same things that conservatives and those you call the "right wing" have been saying.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 03:15 pm
@mysteryman,
Obama has become more of a disappointment with his lies and NSA snooping into private lives. He has also approved the detention and torture of Americans. Those are issues that goes against our Constitution. That's the worst kind of president our country can have.

There are some good things that Obama has done including the agreement with Iran on nuclear controls.

When I wrote to him about lifting the embargo on Cuba, he told me he can't do that because the Cuban people do not have freedoms. What a stupid statement from a president when we trade with China and Russia.

I calls em the way I sees em. Obama has become a nightmare of sorts.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 03:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
the biggest failure is that he has not only not lead washington into better functioning but he has seemed supremely uninterested in trying. he would rather have an anti R soundbite. the professor turned out to be a very small man, which is completely opposite the advertised.
spendius

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 03:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
I did warn you all before the 2008 election on sozobe's Obarmy thread.

And you could have had the Gutsy Broad or the war hero.

RABEL222

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 05:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
i dont need to learn any more about the tea party. The only issue they believe in is give me more for less and screw everyone else. And both parties arnt far behind.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 05:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not happy with him either, but concentrating on just him takes the pressure off the rest of government. None of them are governing for the majority, just the wealthy minority.
spendius

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 05:54 pm
@RABEL222,
The majority being on the bones of their arse do you mean?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:05 pm
@mysteryman,
I can only conclude that CI fell down and hit his head. He use to be a flaming lib, but is now as right as can be and an Obama hater to boot. Maybe there is some type of surgery that could get him to thing sensibly again. Maybe some hot sex would help him.
jcboy

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:06 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I did warn you all before the 2008 election on sozobe's Obarmy thread.
And you could have had the Gutsy Broad or the war hero.

So you think Sara Palin is a gutsy broad? She’s more like a brain dead dim wit.
Advocate

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:12 pm
@jcboy,
Remember that Palin quit as governor of AK halfway through her term. That was because she was going broke from defending herself from a ton of ethics charges.

McCain was not a true war hero. He is, and was, a phony. In only four days as a POW, he gave the enemy all he knew, endangering his fellow flyers.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:47 pm
@Advocate,
You really don't understand the difference between liberal, conservative, and independent, don't you?

I'm not a 'liberal' by any definition of that word. I'm a fiscal conservative who happens to believe in universal health care, and the benefits of a democracy.

Prove your claim that I am/was a liberal?

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:49 pm
@Advocate,

Quote:
McCain was not a true war hero. He is, and was, a phony. In only four days as a POW, he gave the enemy all he knew, endangering his fellow flyers.

He was a POW for 6 years.
He endured some of the most severe, physically damaging torture known to man.
You should really educate yourself about what he went through before you speak about it.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:50 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:

He was a POW for 6 years.
He endured some of the most severe, physically damaging torture known to man.
You should really educate yourself about what he went through before you speak about it.

yes, and in victim culture victims are hero's...we know.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 07:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have no idea what your comment means or what it has to do with anything.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:00 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I have no idea what your comment means or what it has to do with anything.
mccain suffered so he is a hero, and it would not matter if he was a worthless creep, his hero status came from only surviving adversity. once about a time heros had to do great things.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 08:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
I can see your point, hawk, but these are issues that have both supporters and detractors. It's a very subjective thing with black, white, and grays.