Suddenly People Get It?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 04:44 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
It was because it was believed that it was likely that he had active but hidden development programs.

That's not what the President said, Brandon.

He clearly stated that "our mission is clear, to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction, to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people."

Unless I'm really mistaken, in order to disarm somebody of WMD, he must be in possession of WMD, right? So the reason for the invasion was that Iraq allegedly was in possession of WMD, not due to the possibility that Iraq had active but hidden development programmes.

Try to stick to the truth, Brandon.

Many people have asked how close Saddam Hussein is to developing a nuclear weapon. Well, we don't know exactlyand that's the problem.

-- George Bush, Cincinnati, Ohio, Oct. 8, 2002.

Anyway, no matter what the president did or did not say, I have outlined what were the proper reasons to invade Iraq.

according to the Tri-Lams :wink:
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 05:54 pm
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
So, your argument, basically, is that you don't want to dispute my personal justification of the invasion of Iraq, because it has no merit.

I don't want to dispute your very personal theory about how the invasion of Iraq was perfectly justified based on the danger Iraq's potential WMD would have posed to the United States at some point in the future.

Likewise, I wouldn't dispute somebody's very personal theory about how the invasion of Poland was perfectly justified based on the fact that the German people needed living space in the East.

One is the annexation of other peoples' home and property. The other is an attempt to prevent a manifestly evil, imperialistic dictator, with a history of annexing his neighbors from developing doomsday weapons, and only undertaken after a dozen years of diplomacy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 05:55 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
It was because it was believed that it was likely that he had active but hidden development programs.

That's not what the President said, Brandon.

He clearly stated that "our mission is clear, to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction, to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people."

Unless I'm really mistaken, in order to disarm somebody of WMD, he must be in possession of WMD, right? So the reason for the invasion was that Iraq allegedly was in possession of WMD, not due to the possibility that Iraq had active but hidden development programmes.

Try to stick to the truth, Brandon.

Many people have asked how close Saddam Hussein is to developing a nuclear weapon. Well, we don't know exactlyand that's the problem.

-- George Bush, Cincinnati, Ohio, Oct. 8, 2002.

Anyway, no matter what the president did or did not say, I have outlined what were the proper reasons to invade Iraq.

according to the Tri-Lams :wink:

If you ever grow the ability to actually debate something, page me.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 05:59 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
One is the annexation of other peoples' home and property. The other is an attempt to prevent a manifestly evil, imperialistic dictator, with a history of annexing his neighbors from developing doomsday weapons, and only undertaken after a dozen years of diplomacy.

Actually, one is the invasion of a souvereign country for perfectly valid reasons, while the other is the invasion of a souvereign country for perfectly valid reasons.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:00 pm
So, we're still debating the reason for going to Iraq and getting Saddam and hanging him... not going after Osama whats his name?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:02 pm
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Actually, one is the invasion of a souvereign country for perfectly valid reasons, while the other is the invasion of a souvereign country for perfectly valid reasons.

Well, if you consider Hitler's invasion of Poland valid, that's your problem, but I do not.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:02 pm
squinney wrote:
So, we're still debating the reason for going to Iraq and getting Saddam and hanging him... not going after Osama whats his name?

And the two are mutually exclusive why?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:03 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Well, if you consider Hitler's invasion of Poland valid, that's your problem, but I do not.

It seems to dawn on you...
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:32 pm
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Your tiresome habit of misunderstanding most posts on this forum, Old Europe, may well arise from your consistent use of terms like "Etat souverain" in their literal English translation. The great Heidegger wrote on the subtle distinctions between seemingly identical words used in different languages which however represent different concepts; you probably wish to consult his article.

En ésperant avoir le plaisir de ne pas vous rencontrer, je vous souhaite beaucoup de bonheur en 2007 Smile
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:46 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
squinney wrote:

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/1071053/3974578.gif

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/1071053/3974584.gif
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:50 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
squinney wrote:

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/1071053/3974578.gif

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/1071053/3974584.gif

Tight argument.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 07:45 pm
High Seas wrote:
Your tiresome habit of misunderstanding most posts on this forum

You have a way of plunging into a discussion, High Seas, I have to grant you that much.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 03:33 am
For the record; I was happy to hear the bastard was dead. Then I thought about the families of all of his victims; and I was happier still. I wouldn't like to have seen him tortured, but I really don't believe the victims of his tyranny could have closure until he was dead. Good on the Iraqis for doing what needed to be done. As for the video; I think it aided in provided the aforementioned closure and is therefore a good thing as well.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
well he's dead. if everyone would just let it drop and shut the f*ck up about it he would soon be forgotten, due to peoples inability to remember any damn thing.

He continues to be empowered and exert influence in his death because people can't stop rubbernecking.
Good point. Who was the rubbernecking fool who authored this thread anyway? Ohhhh yeah. It's that fuzzy guy who still can't figure out who hanged Saddam in the first place.
0 Replies