Suddenly People Get It?

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:50 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Frank
Good to see you back. Just a visit or are you staying for a while?

Good to see you, too, Au.

Back for a while!

Broke my shoulder week before last...and have some free time to visit with old friends.

I am enjoying my stay.

I see McG and Lone Star Madam have trouble with people who can sympathize with other people's plight…no matter the circumstances.

Interesting!

Nonsense Frank, I specifically mentioned Saddam, not "other people". He deserves no sympathy and no respect. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Every human being deserves sympathy for their plight...assuming they are human beings in a plight...even our moron in chief.

But if you want people like Saddam Hussein to determine whether or not you extend it...that is your right.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:51 pm
How about the million+ people that Saddam tortured & killed?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:34 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Name three.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:38 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Name three.

Muhammed, Ali and Carl.
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:44 pm
I know I'm going to regret this but, who's Carl?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:50 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I am finding it hard to swallow that anyone would feel sympathy towards Saddam in any fashion.

I wish I could say that I can't believe anyone could be so purposefully ignorant and display enough stupidity to think that because a person is able to recognize the execution of Saddam was about revenge means a person sympathizes with Saddam.

I wish I could say that but apparently I can't. Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:59 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I am finding it hard to swallow that anyone would feel sympathy towards Saddam in any fashion.

I wish I could say that I can't believe anyone could be so purposefully ignorant and display enough stupidity to think that because a person is able to recognize the execution of Saddam was about revenge means a person sympathizes with Saddam.

I wish I could say that but apparently I can't. Laughing

Why do some people always believe the world revolves around them and that every post is either about them or in reference to them?

I made a general statement of fact, some people have been very sympathetic towards Saddam.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:04 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Name three.

Abir
Bahia
Hawwa
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:07 pm
Yes of course. Compare that to the measly 250,000 WE have killed. Of course, the people we killed would still be alive under Saddam but that's besides the point. I'm not sympathetic to Saddam, but I am not paying allegiance to Bush either.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:09 pm
NickFun wrote:
Yes of course. Compare that to the measly 250,000 WE have killed. Of course, the people we killed would still be alive under Saddam but that's besides the point. I'm not sympathetic to Saddam, but I am not paying allegiance to Bush either.

How do you know they'd still be alive?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:14 pm
I gotta tell ya…

…the more I think about it…the happier I am that when I saw Saddam standing over a trap door about to be sprung…with that huge rope around his neck…

…knowing that when it sprung he was going to fall and have his neck snapped…

…that I felt sympathy for him

I did feel sympathy for him…and I am proud that I did.

What's more…for the people who didn't…and especially for the people who apparently delighted in Saddam's plight and felt joy or exhiliration rather than sympathy…I feel tremendous sympathy for you also.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:16 pm
McG wrote
Quote:
I made a general statement of fact, some people have been very sympathetic towards Saddam

And some are sympathetic towards Bush.. Different slice of the same rotten apple.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:17 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I gotta tell ya…

…the more I think about it…the happier I am that when I saw Saddam standing over a trap door about to be sprung…with that huge rope around his neck…

What's more…for the people who didn't…and especially for the people who apparently delighted in Saddam's plight and felt joy or exhiliration rather than sympathy…I feel tremendous sympathy for you also.

However, had Saddam been an American, I'm sure your feelings of sadness would not have materialized. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:18 pm
au1929 wrote:
McG wrote
Quote:
I made a general statement of fact, some people have been very sympathetic towards Saddam

And some are sympathetic towards Bush.. Different slice of the same rotten apple.

A pity you don't know the difference.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:30 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I gotta tell ya…

However, had Saddam been an American, I'm sure your feelings of sadness would not have materialized. Rolling Eyes

Frank is one of the few libs on A2K I would like to sit and share a beer with. He doesn't pretend and he doesn't put on the haughty airs many of his brethren do.

I am sure he felt sympathy for McVeigh right before he got his injection as well. My contention is that Sadam doesn't DESERVE your sympathies. Saddam will come back as a cockroach living in a **** house for centuries.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:31 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I gotta tell ya…

You are sure of that, are you?

You American conservatives are a pathetic lot! You've been on the wrong side of damn near every important issue this country has ever faced...and you have shown no improvement over the years.

You can take what "you are are sure of" LSM...and stash it where the sun doesn't shine.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:36 pm
McGentrix wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I gotta tell ya…

Frank is one of the few libs on A2K I would like to sit and share a beer with. He doesn't pretend and he doesn't put on the haughty airs many of his brethren do.

I am sure he felt sympathy for McVeigh right before he got his injection as well. My contention is that Sadam doesn't DESERVE your sympathies. Saddam will come back as a cockroach living in a **** house for centuries.

I am not a "lib", McG...but I would very, very much enjoy downing some suds with you. If you are ever in the Big Apple...please let me know...and we will get together. I love to party...and you sound like you do also. I doubt our considerable differences would impact on the fun.

I did feel sympathy for Timothy McVeigh even though he had the audacity to identify himself as an agnostic just before he departed. I honestly have trouble feeling vengeful...which may account for my very low regard for the god of the Bible. Jesus, on the other hand, had the right idea...and while I disagree with some of what Jesus taught, the lesson of compassion and forgiveness seems to have found a home with me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:38 pm
Come on Frank, you know I catagorize everyone that disagrees with me as a "lib".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:41 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Come on Frank, you know I catagorize everyone that disagrees with me as a "lib".

:wink:
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:42 pm
McGentrix wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I gotta tell ya…

When "Frank" said this to me on another thread, "Yiou are an American conservative which is far worse tha a whore or madam" I took offense to that. Since America isn't the only country with conservatives, I could only take it that he meant Americans.
0 Replies